• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Would you like to put a ‘Support our troops’ ribbon on your own vehicle?

On my car, and on the job.

Thanks for posting the picture Mike. I thought Toronto was trying to stop city workers from putting them on city vehicles though. Or did they realize how stupid an idea that was and change their mind?

Chapeski said:
Thanks for posting the picture Mike. I thought Toronto was trying to stop city workers from putting them on city vehicles though. Or did they realize how stupid an idea that was and change their mind?

We have some friends in the media. The mayor backed down and the ribbons stay on.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/06/20/4275175-sun.html
So does the flag at T-EMS HQ at 4330 Dufferin.

I have this magnet on my car:
https://www3.cfpsa.com/wyn2/en/sot/ItemDetails.aspx?departmentID=6&CategoryID=23&ProductID=1347&CartID=59eef760-0474-4eac-af0b-d49d5e63f49d
The smaller magnet of the two piece set is in support of wearing red on Fridays.

I also have this key chain for my keys:
https://www3.cfpsa.com/wyn2/en/sot/ItemDetails.aspx?departmentID=6&CategoryID=23&ProductID=1972&CartID=59eef760-0474-4eac-af0b-d49d5e63f49d

Though I don't recall when I purchased them from the Canex, I have had them for quite a while.

:)

Since I don't have a car I have the decal on one of the windows of my apartment and I have the keychain as well.

I have noticed a BIG increase in the car decals lately, especially in Montreal.

Today was a good one to buy some 'support our troops' stuff including a ribon sticker that is going to go on our car.

I have seen more and more business ditching the magnets of there vehicles, for a painted on version.

NL_engineer said:
I have seen more and more business ditching the magnets of there vehicles, for a painted on version.
Is there still a lot of the magnetic ones going missing these days?  I know it was the buzz a while back.

I 'Lost' 2 about a couple of months ago while the van was parked at the mall. I got them before I retired from the regs in 06 out of Gagetown; one was the Legion ribbon & the other was the CADPAT ribbon.

I've had several taken from my vehicle when I'm parked in public areas and even school. I would give anyone a sticker if they asked for it, but stealing it kind of defeats the purpose of having it in the first place. It doesn't matter though, I'll just keep buying more!
It's good to see so much support for the troops. Car magnets, Red Fridays, etc.

I've had 2 of my 3 stolen off of my parents vehicles but so far the one on my car is still there. 

No I took mine off after the big D. I think they are kinda g@Y. Being a forces member I don't need a sticker to state the blatantly obvious.

mover1 said:
No I took mine off after the big D. I think they are kinda g@Y. Being a forces member I don't need a sticker to state the blatantly obvious.

The what?  ???

Funny story.
Her cars dash caught on fire. She said screw this were going to KIA. I was all like "cool what are we buying a rug, coffee table, some cool dishes or something?
28000 dollars later and a loan (in my name) we were driving away in a Sportage. 
Thats the day I learned the difference between IKEA and KIA
Then when the end was near she went out and bought something more economical and gave me the KIA.
One day while my car was parked at the mall I took that stupid ugly looking yellow ribbon off of my car and placed on the vehicle next to mine.
We left on good terms although my daughter still tells her friends that she lost her cat in her dads divorce.

Ha, that is a good story! It's good to hear that there are some people that decide to leave each other on good terms. I work with a guy who tells me that if he could get away with it, he'd kill his ex-wife. He's dead serious...I'm glad I don't work with him often.
It always seems especially nasty when kids are involved, which is too bad.

Back on topic: I like ribbons! Big, small, red, white, or camo - I'm not biased.
I do especially like the bumper sticker that says 'If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them'. I get a lot of people asking about that one.

Back