• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

I'm sure we'll still see some "I am Canadian" commercials; I don't think Molsen will let that slide, besides, I'm sure most of their business comes from that commercial.

Yea probably...can't come from their beer. Damn that shit is gross.

Sundborg said:
I'm sure we'll still see some "I am Canadian" commercials; I don't think Molsen will let that slide, besides, I'm sure most of their business comes from that commercial.
I sure hope so...!  :crybaby:

Yea, sorry S_Baker. I guess some of those commercials could be looked at as insulting Americans.

But hey, give it its due...still funny!

Nice topic! My choice of beers...
1. Kokanee
2. Moosehead
3. Labatts Genuine Draft

Im not into the dark beers like guiness, i cant stand the taste. Maybe I'll learn to like them  :)

1. Labatt Blue
2. Mossehead
3. Any Sleeman (accept light ;) )

Then there's just a bunch of miscellaneous beers that don't make a list, just if I'm allowed, I'll have one...Guinness isn't to bad, the more you drink em the more you develop a taste for em

cheers

1) Stella
2) Heiniken (keg cans only)
3) Keiths
4) Ojzusko (I can't remember how to spell it, it's a beer I used to drink in Bosnia)

Here is a few I occasionally get pisssed on...

XXXX Gold
Carlton Cold
Crown Lager
Vic Bitter
Cascade Premium
Tooheys New

Chunder from Downunder!

Wes

Normally I am a strict Guinness drinker but I wanted to share a fantastic drink I had the other night.
Other Guinness fans here will truly like this drink:

The Godfather Martini
http://www.deadlounge.com/deadlounge/c_classic.html#Godfather

Nice hard taste, and it is strong as it is made of only a mix of three different liquors. Something good to sip on in those situations where beer is not a good option (formal dinner etc) Or if you are going for the James bond look. I wish I still smoked sometimes, as a cigar and this drink would go perfect.

Its August so I'll start with my favourite summertime Bevvies:

When I'm watching the Tiger Cats it's gotta be either Blue or John Labbat's Classic.
Imported? Tuborg from Denmark is tough to beat.

During the wintertime British or Irish is the only way to go. I reccomend in no particular order: Guinness, Kilkenny, Boddingtons or Tetleys.
When the Leafs get me down or if I need an extra boost, mix half a pint of Guinness with half a pint of Courage Directors Bitter for the ultimate "Black and Tan" Guaranteed to give you a lift like a Saturn 5 rocket.

Grab your ankles and hang on!

At the cottage Canadian

to enjoy with a cigar guinness / tiger

with the boys mosehead/ canadian / wild turkey

Lance Wiebe said:
Well, not quite completely family owned.

Several years ago, it was highly publicised when two companies bought 60% of the ownership of Molson, shared between Australian (Foster's Brewing Group -- 40%) and American (Miller Brewing Company -- 20%) corporations.

Molsons does keep 51% of the voting stock, according to internet sources.

Not too long ago, however, the shares owned by SABMiller and Fosters were bought back by the company, returning it to Canadian ownership - that was about 2001 or 2002 but I don't have a handy source whilst getting ready for work.

That's quite possible, although I didn't hear about it.  I certainly remember the original sale, and swore off ever buying any Molson product ever again.  If Molson did buy back their shares, good on them.  (although I still won't drink their product)

lance, just a question, what do you drink then, if you won't drink anything made by molson. Keeping in mind that many of the 'imported' beers are actually made by molson brewery under license granted by the parent brewery.

I've been forced to switch my allegiance to Moosehead.  Moosehead Pale Ale, (or Moose red) to be specific.

And Alexander Kieths is not made on the wrong coast.  It's made on the right coast!

Don't believe me?  Just check out a map!  (Ensure North is up) ;D

yeah, I enjoy the mooshead and keiths too.

Has anyone else had Steamwhistle? It is made in Toronto, and if you like a good pilsner, it is the Canadian beer for you.

Just getting back from CFB Borden and   the local micro brewery:CREEMORE SPRINGS ALE is a good beer

A truly evil beer is Zagorka, it's Bulgarian. I tried it on my R&R from Kosovo when they ran out of Heineken,  I took one sip  :-X  :'( and that was it for beer that night, switched over to hard stuff for the rest of the night.

Back