• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New profile posts

Do you have any insight as to who was responsible for and why the 3 reg force regiments were reduced to nil strength (guards, QOR and Black Watch Watch). I have read the history and realize those units were selected in the 1950s mostly to meet NATO commitments.

If you have a minute of 50, would love to hear if and what you know of why and the whats happened. Thanks
Rick.
Edward Campbell
Edward Campbell
Now, rumour ~ but a rumour from a source I believe is (was, actually, dead now) 100% reliable and was totally "in the know:" Pierre Trudeau actually proposed, to his cabinet (early in 1969?) to totally disband the Canadian Armed Forces and make Canada a neutral national ~ a sort of large, cold, Costa Rica.
Edward Campbell
Edward Campbell
Rumour (cont) He had his reasons, but he was told that he would face a cabinet revolt which would, 95% certainty, cost him his job as PM and his political career. His minister knew that a neutral disarmed Canada would in m months. not years, become nothing more than a US protectorate.

Hope that helps.
ArmyRick
ArmyRick
awesome. thanks
I hope to one day be better at contributing to this place with advice. Need more experience in life me thinks.
Reactions: daftandbarmy
daftandbarmy
daftandbarmy
Thanks!

I had a quick look and will deffo watch it all at some point.

My one concern is that they try to make it look too 'ominous hard man', with the slo mo etc.

It's a well established Army selection/qualification course that is really difficult, for sure. No need to Hollywood it up so much FFS! ;)
Hello Off Hot, congratulations on your acceptance!

I've recently applied for RMC as well, and have scheduled an interview for the upcoming week.

I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about it, since it looks you have a pretty good understanding of the whole process by now.
D
DwradE
What will I have to prepare for? What type of questions should I be expecting, and are there any sample questions?

Any particular things to look out for?

How should I respond if they ask, "why should we choose you?"

If there is additional information regarding the interview, it would be more than appreciated.

Thank you.
I think selection boards are held every month. If I was a betting man, I would bet that you will be selected for NWO at the next selection board (December or latest January). I think your selection will happen soon and the process will be pretty quick.

Best of Luck

Dustin
B
bscriber
Where are you from now? I live in Trenton so grew up right next to the base. I'm divorced with no kids, so this is the time for me to finally pursue a dream.
D
dus.fra
I live in Halifax! I spent time in Victoria as well, so I don’t have a preference on coast. That’s what really drove me to go in the Navy, the good postings!

I’m glad that you get to pursue your dream! I hope you hear something soon regarding selection!
B
bscriber
Thanks! I'll keep you informed if anything pops up. Hope you avoided the worst of that storm that came through...
Hey Brian,

I was in the CAF for 10 years as a NCM. I released and went to university and completed my degree.

I applied for NWO and it took nearly a year to schedule and complete my MOST and interview. But to give you an idea on the selection board for NWO:
I was CL in July, selection board in August. I was selected in August and back in the CAF in September. I’m hearing that NWO is severely short on personnel.
Finished Bold Eagle program this summer! Now I wait to hear back from the regiment I wish to join.
Hey

I noticed that your processing is going through CFRC Halifax, mine too. My applicant portal just changed to 'Selected' as well, but I have not received any information. I assume an offer is coming soon, but have to be patient for now. Have you heard anything from the Recruiting Centre in the last few days?

Thanks,
Dustin
M
mellauren
I have 2 weeks until I isolate for a week and then go. Now that it's actually happening its scary how quickly it's coming lol.
D
dustin.francis
That’s very quick!

I have a friend that just completed the LOG O course and due to the pandemic, it was completely online. That’s good news! You should be able to complete your LOG O training pretty quickly after BMOQ.

best of luck and please keep in touch and let me know how everything is going!
J
jay_zara
Best of luck to you guys

I was wondering how long you waited to be selected from CL. I am currently on competition list in April 2021 and have not heard since then.
Hello Thatoneguy! I have a question for you I'm going to Air crew Selection soon, and I was wondering if you could give me some insight on what to expect and how to best prepare? Do I have to do tough math in my head? Any pointers would help! Thanks!!
I am not sure what I am doing here. Trying to dispel the load of crap that was the CBC article. My post seems to have been deleted and I assume the asshat that runs this site wants money. I put a lot into what I posted and its gone. The guy that runs this site is a censure. If info can't be forwarded freely I won't bother with enlightening anyone to facts.
Mike Bobbitt
Mike Bobbitt
I am that asshat, and still waiting for a response to the private message sent to you regarding your post right after it was put on hold. All good, I now have my answer, so response no longer required.

Cheers
Back