• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A "Why" Dress Thread split from OCdt Speaks at Freedom Rally

Aircrew were always the easiest to get information from during E&E/tactical questioning exercises as they invariably had a squadron t-shirt on, or something like that, e.g.,:

"Number, rank, name, date of birth, oh, I see you're from XYZ squadron? You know that you've just told us your unit without even realizing it. Anything else you'd like to share?" :)
Or just call the local 5 star hotel. :D

Yes, it's surprising the info you can get from an individual's belongings.

fuck-you-you-fucking-fuck-mens-t-shirt.jpg
Need to get one or more of these...might come in useful when dealing with asshat consultants or certain clientele

I remember watching someone get jacked up for wearing his rain jacket in the field because the rain jacket "isn't a field jacket."

On an advance party for a weekend ex in Burwash, when it was cold and raining at night, a (notoriously batshit ex-CSOR) warrant chirped someone wearing a rain jacket, "It's not cold, it's not raining, why are you wearing a jacket?"

The following ex, he stopped training to jack up about a hundred troops for wearing jackets when it was cold and windy in Pet, saying "Put a rock in your boot! Get hard!"

On an advance party for a weekend ex in Burwash, when it was cold and raining at night, a (notoriously batshit ex-CSOR) warrant chirped someone wearing a rain jacket, "It's not cold, it's not raining, why are you wearing a jacket?"

The following ex, he stopped training to jack up about a hundred troops for wearing jackets when it was cold and windy in Pet, saying "Put a rock in your boot! Get hard!"
These are the people so damaged by the military that they could not function outside of it.

"Put a rock in your boot! Get hard!"
OMG!!! I haven't heard that one in forever... all the way back to my ISCC, I think. What memories that brings back. I can't wait to tell my EAP lady about that on Monday.
Happy Stephen Colbert GIF

ricky gervais laughing GIF

These are the people so damaged by the military that they could not function outside of it.
How true. The transition can be tough for those that don't realize most civilians could give a rat's ass if you were a Warrant or whatever. They might be impressed by a General but in this day and age I doubt it.

How true. The transition can be tough for those that don't realize most civilians could give a rat's ass if you were a Warrant or whatever. They might be impressed by a General but in this day and age I doubt it.

I interact regularly with civilians, at work and elsewhere, and have about 40 years military experience. Not counting my 4 years with Army Cadets.

I discovered that they really, really respect people with prior military service.

As long as you're not a c*nt. :)

Yes most do but like I said they don't really care if you were a WO or a Cpl

Neither should the retired member.

I encounter retired NCMs (as well as Senior Officers) from time to time and have to explain to them that they aren't awful just because they aren't a General.

Or just call the local 5 star hotel. :D

I know there's a myth that 'aicrew always stay in 5 star hotels...'; I just want to clear up this myth. We do not always stay in hotels.

I've also had to stay in cottages (Scotland hotels are full at times...) Pulling on some inner strength...I made it thru that Det.

:)

Attachments

• not a hotel !.jpg
    not a hotel !.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 3
I interact regularly with civilians, at work and elsewhere, and have about 40 years military experience. Not counting my 4 years with Army Cadets.

I discovered that they really, really respect people with prior military service.

As long as you're not a c*nt. :)
I have to agree with that.

When I hired on at my career department, I don't think the '46'ers - men who had been in the war - were particularly awestruck that I was in the militia.

It was more the other way around. :)

The PRes did not generally come up in conversation at work. However, the fact I disappeared for two weeks every summer - before having enough seniority to bid for "prime time" vacation - did not go unnoticed.

But, at least the vets could see I was clean cut. "Smile and a shoeshine." And, being an MSE Op helped. Especially when I later transitioned into the bus division.

I remember watching someone get jacked up for wearing his rain jacket in the field because the rain jacket "isn't a field jacket."
Hahaha, funny story, the Navy created a new blue rain jacket, based on the RN pattern rain jacket (that they wear all the time). Can't find a picture, but they are dark blue and look pretty sharp.

Because it relplaced our old canary suits, we're only supposed to wear them on the ship. That may have changed recently, but getting jacked up while walking through downtown Ottawa for wearing my rain coat with DEUs in heavy rain on a warm spring day was probably the moment when it became just a job. When I showed up to a meeting with DGs soaked to the skin, rain coat in hand a few other people's souls died from lack of common sense in our uniform rules.

In my unit slightly before I joined, a Sgt on a February exercise in -30 weather went around 25 minutes before H-Hour and told everyone to take their gloves off, so that they could more effectively use their weapons.

In my unit slightly before I joined, a Sgt on a February exercise in -30 weather went around 25 minutes before H-Hour and told everyone to take their gloves off, so that they could more effectively use their weapons.

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Back