• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British Military Current Events

Almost pranged the kite...

F-35 believed to be from HMS Queen Elizabeth makes an emergency landing in Ibiza
AN F-35 stealth fighter from HMS Queen Elizabeth has been forced to make an emergency landing in Spain, The News understands.

Designated F35LTNG, the aircraft is believed to have landed due to a lack of fuel, and belongs to the United States of America, which keeps some of its fighter jets aboard the Royal Navy’s flagship carrier.

F-35 believed to be from HMS Queen Elizabeth makes an emergency landing in Ibiza

Almost pranged the kite...

AN F-35 stealth fighter from HMS Queen Elizabeth has been forced to make an emergency landing in Spain, The News understands.

Designated F35LTNG, the aircraft is believed to have landed due to a lack of fuel, and belongs to the United States of America, which keeps some of its fighter jets aboard the Royal Navy’s flagship carrier.

I guess he asked the UK servicing crew for ten gallons of Hi-test and they gave him ten litres.

:ROFLMAO:

Army's new £5.5bn Ajax tank fleet make crew using them sick, can't be driven over 20mph and vibrate so much they can't fire shells on the move, leaked report reveals​

• The MoD has received only 14 of the planned fleet of 580 Ajax tanks
  • The fleet was due to be delivered by 2024, but the project has faced delays
  • The US-designed tanks are being built in Merthyr Tydfil in south Wales
  • Troops using the tanks have to have regular hearing tests due to the noise
Army's new £5.5bn Ajax tank fleet makes its crews sick

🍻

Near the end of the article it mentions it is in the trial phase. I’m assuming that is the code for “Changes are still possible once we figure out what is wrong.”

I would have thought they would have completed trials, identified strengths & weaknesses, possible deficiencies, etc prior to ordering almost 600 of them?

(Only able to travel 20km an hour, while rattling the brains out of the crew, and unable to fire while moving? Yikes...)

Near the end of the article it mentions it is in the trial phase. I’m assuming that is the code for “Changes are still possible once we figure out what is wrong.”

I would have thought they would have completed trials, identified strengths & weaknesses, possible deficiencies, etc prior to ordering almost 600 of them?

(Only able to travel 20km an hour, while rattling the brains out of the crew, and unable to fire while moving? Yikes...)
Someone needs to be investigated

And another Brit officer bites the dust for collecting an allowance to send his kids to boarding school. A gunner this time:

Lieutenant Colonel becomes one of most senior army officers to be jailed after he fraudulently claimed more than £44,000 to send his children to boarding school​

• Lt Col Adam Roberts fraudulently claimed more than £44,000 in allowances
  • British Army officer received Continuity of Education Allowance from military
  • The officer was dismissed from the military and sent to prison for 20 months

🍻

Happy Birthday to The Parachute Regiment! Utrinque Paratus since the paperwork was signed in 1940.

Worth celebrating with a proper beasting on the hills with the bergen because: work harder than the bad guys :)

Attachments

• 1-parabirthday.jpg
    1-parabirthday.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 4
  • 1-PARA.jpg
    1-PARA.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 4
More reasons to keep an eye on civil servants who take public transit ;)

Classified Ministry of Defence documents found at bus stop​

One set of documents discusses the likely Russian reaction to the ship's passage through Ukrainian waters off the Crimea coast on Wednesday.

Another details plans for a possible UK military presence in Afghanistan after the US-led Nato operation there ends.

The government said an investigation had been launched.

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) said it is investigating "an incident in which sensitive defence papers were recovered by a member of the public".

The MoD employee concerned reported the loss at the time, it said.

The documents, almost 50 pages in all, were found in a soggy heap behind a bus stop in Kent early on Tuesday morning.

A member of the public, who wishes to remain anonymous, contacted the BBC when he realised the sensitive nature of the contents.
The BBC believes the documents, which include emails and PowerPoint presentations, originated in the office of a senior official at the MoD.

Rarely has a collection of lost documents covered such a wide range of important areas. This is a major embarrassment for the Ministry of Defence, which is currently carrying out a detailed investigation into how the papers came to be lying on a street corner, in the rain, in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

John Healey, Labour's shadow defence secretary, said he was surprised documents had got out of the Ministry of Defence at all. He said he wants Mr Wallace to complete the investigation quickly and report to the House of Commons this week to reassure the public that no military operations had been put at risk.

Lions and Tigers and Pescatarians! Oh My!

Actually the headline is misleading. It wasn't the Ghurca that was the "pescatarian".

British Army chef branded pescatarian Gurkha colleague a 'f***ing Nepalese c**t' and threatened to 'knock him out' during row about lack of kippers for breakfast, court martial hears​

• Corporal Kevin Gibson accused of threatening fellow cook Corporal Prakash Rai
  • Row was prompted by a diner's concerns there were not enough smoked fish
  • Cpl Gibson is alleged to have called Cpl Rai a ‘f****** Nepalese c***' in rant
By DAN SALES FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 08:35 EDT, 30 June 2021 | UPDATED: 08:54 EDT, 30 June 2021

A British Army soldier racially abused his Gurkha colleague and threatened to 'knock him out' after another officer complained not enough kippers were available for breakfast, a court martial heard.
Corporal Kevin Gibson is accused of threatening fellow cook Corporal Prakash Rai after a diner raised concerns there were not enough smoked fish to eat.
The dispute - prompted by an angry pescatarian saying his dietary requirements weren’t being catered for - led to Cpl Gibson calling his fellow soldier a ‘f****** Nepalese c***’, Bulford Military Court heard.
As the five minute row in the mess continued, he then said he would ‘knock him out,’ the hearing was told.
The court martial heard that the incident took place in July 2019 when both men had been posted to the Falkland Islands.
Cpl Gibson was on his day off from the kitchen when he went to tell kitchen worker Cpl Rai about a customer complaint of the lack of kippers served at breakfast, the hearing was told.
Corporal Prakash Rai is the alleged victim in the row, which was sparked by a lack of kippers

Corporal Prakash Rai is the alleged victim in the row, which was sparked by a lack of kippers
Corporal Kevin Gibson (pictured) is accused of threatening fellow cook Corporal Prakash Rai

He said: “There was a guy (in the canteen) who was very angry and he was knocking stuff about. He asked ‘are you a chef?’ and he said he had a complaint.
“He said the chefs had f***** him off because he has got dietary requirements. He was a pescatarian and said we did not do enough kippers.
“Even though I was not working it was my duty to make sure that I spoke to whoever is in charge to find an alternative (food option) for him.” ...

🍻

Good old Puma...

Tomorrow (7 July) a formation of Puma helicopters from RAF Benson will mark 50 years of Royal Air Force service with a national flypast.

The first Puma helicopters were delivered into service in 1971. A formation of up to 10 Puma helicopters will depart RAF Benson tomorrow morning as part of a training sortie that will include flypasts of notable locations for the Puma Force over the past 50 years. This includes sites that hold historical significance for the Puma Force as well as those that provide support to delivering current Puma operational capability.

Unfortunately we are unable to fly over everywhere. The maps provide an illustrative example of some of the locations that will be visited and the approximate timings. They remain subject to change at short notice.

Share your images using #Puma50 and help us to commemorate an outstanding five decades of service.

If you intend to watch the flypast, please do so safely and in accordance with all regulations.

So much for his inspirational Twitter feed :)

MAJOR COCK UP

Britain’s top soldier being probed for ‘romping with junior colleague’s wife’​

BRITAIN’S top soldier is being probed for allegedly romping with a junior’s wife.

Major Glenn Haughton — who trained Prince Harry — could face the sack if he is found to have breached the Army’s strict code of honour.

The married dad of two is the first to hold the new post of Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chiefs of Staff Committee.

But he was hauled in for a grilling last week amid claims of an “inappropriate relationship” with a junior soldier’s wife.

A defence source said: “He is supposed to be the ultimate role model.

“Part of his job is to stamp out unacceptable behaviour. If these allegations are true his position is totally untenable.”

Maj Haughton, 49, who celebrated his 25th wedding anniversary this year, said in a speech in February that “people look up to us”.

He added: “The people I work and engage with know they can trust me to be there.”

Maj Haughton, joined the Queen’s elite Grenadier Guards at 16 in 1988 and served multiple tours of Iraq and Afghanistan.

He was a colour sergeant instructor at Sandhurst in 2005, when Harry was commissioned.

An Army document says he is “being investigated for an alleged breach of values and standards after allegedly becoming inappropriately involved with the wife of a junior non-commissioned officer”.

Major Glenn Haughton could face the sack if he is found to have breached the Army’s strict code of honour.

The married dad of two is the first to hold the new post of Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chiefs of Staff Committee.

Maj Haughton, 49, who celebrated his 25th wedding anniversary this year, said in a speech in February that “people look up to us”.

How can he be the senior enlisted advisor to the CSC if he's a commissioned officer?

I suspect he previously held that position, and was commissioned after completing his posting.

So he SCP’d after being ASM in the WO1 rank?

So he SCP’d after being ASM in the WO1 rank?

It would seem so, although the wiki article seems to suggest he tried playing with the process somewhat.

I followed his Twitter feed for awhile, but it got ugly so I bailed....

Back