• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

It's getting kind of funny watching the faux pas's...

That's funny.

“Are you breaking the spirit if not the letter of the law to hold a party event and lecture the premier of Ontario on vaccine passports?” Trudeau was asked by CBC reporter Raffy Boudjikanian.

Trudeau didn’t even attempt to answer the question, instead speaking about the important choice Canadians are facing and the work the Liberal government has undertaken during the pandemic.

Wonder how the Canadians who have been fined thousands of dollars for covid-related rules feel about that?

Last edited:
Liberals are in trouble.

I doubt the Afghan evac failure has yet to move the polls either.

Blackface, Indian Trip disaster, WE scandal, Billions in debt, list goes on and on. Don't know how mindless Canadians can keep supporting sockboy after all this.

It's getting kind of funny watching the faux pas's...

The journalists completely missed the point: This is JT we are talking about, the man ... er! Sorry the person ... who lives by the motto "Virtue signalling trumps actual virtue any day."

Wonder how the Canadians who have been fined thouysands of dollars for covid-related rules feel about that?
…he’s not worried, the Ethics Commissioner will give him a pass…

Come on people,.....too far is too far, no need to be jerk-offs.

The National Post put it this way,
Reasonable Canadians will repudiate such tactics and look more sympathetically on Trudeau becasue they find the protests not only inexplicable but abhorent.
The agitators should reflect that all their antics are likely to achieve is the return to power of their nemesis.

It appears the liberals aren't the only ones being targeted by aggressive protesters. Michelle Garner posted this morning on Facebook about being targeted while having dinner with her husband.

This morning a video of a man cornering me at a table in a restaurant last night while I was having dinner has been circulating on social media.

I have made it a policy not to comment on incidents like this so as not to give these individuals a platform. However, this video is unfortunately already public. So, here are my thoughts.

Last night, after protestors at a Justin Trudeau event crossed a significant line into threats of violence, Global News's Mercedes Stephenson tweeted, "More and more protesters have been appearing at Liberal campaign events, some getting very aggressive. Tonight the Liberal campaign has cancelled an event over security concerns. This is super rare in Canadian politics."

I wish she was right. But, sadly, this is not “super rare.” It’s unfortunately an all too frequent occurrence for me and many of my colleagues, particularly women, of all political stripe. And this increase in violent language, threats, and abuse certainly isn't confined to politics.

And after some recent experiences, I know it's getting worse. So in the spirit of hoping this will spur some sort of action, I'll share these with you.

In the last two weeks alone, I have had two men spot me on the street, jump out of a car with cameras, and chase after me down the street demanding I respond to conspiracy theories. And last night, while having dinner with my husband, I was accosted by a large man who aggressively approached us and cornered us at our table to do the same thing. For these individuals in these moments, I feel like they don't see me as a human. In those moments, I also fear.

This is on top of the barrage of online hate and defamation that is directed at me on a daily basis.

In the last two weeks I have also received a death threat from someone who called my office in escalating states of verbal abuse over the course of days.

This meant I can't advertise the location of my campaign office. I can't attend public events where my attendance has been advertised. I've had to enhance security measures. I'm on edge and feel fear when I'm getting in and out of my car, and out in public in general.

I know myself well enough that they'll never take my spirit, my fight, or my ability to fight for my community in the area of politics, and the support I receive in the community is a daily buoy to my spirits. But that doesn't mean that there isn't a cost. A line has to be drawn.

Perhaps that line is drawn in legislation that enhances the ability to prosecute for criminal harassment, coupled with a legal framework to prevent people from controlling massive numbers of anonymous or fake online accounts. Or, maybe it's starting with a general acknowledgement that nearly two years of social isolation due to lockdown measures, job losses and a national mental health crisis in some instances may have lessened capacity for humanity and critical thought.

No matter what, we need to address this.

Vigorous political discourse is vital. But a line needs to be drawn somewhere. Because at the end of the day I would like Mercedes to be right; cancelling events due to security should be "super rare", in fact it should never happen at all.

Not only is his campaign breaking the indoor gathering COVID rules, but now it's coming out that some of the Liberal campaigning candidates are not vaccinated.

not-all-liberal-campaigning-candidates-are-vaccinated-trudeau

I've never been a fan of this political party, but this must is one of the worst campaigns I've ever seen from them. Last week they were virtue-signalling about how the oppositions candidates are not all vaccinated and forced vaccinations, and now this week it turns out their party has unvaccinated elements within it. They are breaking their own indoor gathering rules to aid their campaign, and the announcement about all federal workers requiring vaccination or facing "consequences" appears to have been all fluff. They threatened the entire federal workforce, but give their own candidates a free pass, that is messed up!

This is truly a terrible performance by a party that was touting COVID rules and vaccines. I don't think this is doing anyone any favours, not to mention the fact they may actually be contributing to the spread of this disease in Canada by breaking these rules that are enforced upon everyone else...

This is spiraling down quickly and is become them snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Wow.

I'm done.

See you all after the election.

Why ?

This is spiraling down quickly and is become them snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'm not convinced. I have faith in the inability of Canadians to pay attention to politics.

I hope you're right though. Nothing would bring me more joy than reducing the Liberals less than the official opposition.

I'm not convinced.
Me neither. A Conservative/NDP team would be nice but I'm still betting on a Liberal majority. Trudeau will pull out 11th hour promises to spend billions of Canadian's dollars on anything and everything he can think of.

Liberals are in trouble.

I doubt the Afghan evac failure has yet to move the polls either.

Blackface, Indian Trip disaster, WE scandal, Billions in debt, list goes on and on. Don't know how mindless Canadians can keep supporting sockboy after all this.
The Afghan evac likely won’t impact the polls much at all. Canadians, by and large, never gave a shit about Afghanistan. It’s already faded from the news cycle. You won’t find many people on the fence whose votes are swayed by that.

Me neither. A Conservative/NDP team would be nice but I'm still betting on a Liberal majority. Trudeau will pull out 11th hour promises to spend billions of Canadian's dollars on anything and everything he can think of.
I would have said that maybe a few weeks ago. But my OPINION at this time is that Canadians didn’t want this election. So turn out may be a factor, many may just choose to stay home. Trudeau and co. have not yet found their boogeyman. They started on Ford now apparently since O’toole isn’t playing ball. A lot of fumbles as well.

Now, I agree that the whole Afghanistan issue won’t resonate as an issue with most Canadians but most Canadians are at least aware that it was screwed up under their watch which may add another cut.

at this point it’s a toss up I think between a CPC minority vs an LPC minority. I guess it may boil down to how many red Tories/blue libs are fed up with Trudeau vs how many true blue Cons are horrified at O’tooles push to the left.

Anecdote: I’m middle of the road voter who could go either way but am leaning towards O’toole. But I know a couple that are true fiscal conservatives that might actually stay home come election time because they aren’t seing anything they like from any party. They aren’t SOCONS but I am curious if SOCONS stay home or go PPC, fiscal CONS that may do the same, is there enough undecided to bring it home for the CPC.

And here is the thing, the COC are promising to spend billions as well, so I’m not sure that will help.

So it seems some CPC volunteers were in that agressive protest.

O’toole, I think gave an appropriate response. But yeah, this might get capitalized on by the LPC.
Depends how the CPC responds, if true, if team blue comes out and removes then and makes a statement before team red can make a move they should be okay.

My hope for this election is results similar to 2011, by that I mean a CPC government, with an NDP opposition, and I do feel that the younger generation of voters is shifting to the NDP to make it happen. The ultimate just dessert would be if the liberal fell so hard they were kicked out of future leaders debates but I doubt that.

So it seems some CPC volunteers were in that agressive protest.
I don't remember people being so agressive about party politics when I was younger.

Sure, most people showed up to vote. Some neighbours had lawn signs.

Maybe social media has something to do with it? 🤷‍♂️

Depends how the CPC responds, if true, if team blue comes out and removes then and makes a statement before team red can make a move they should be okay.
Already done

Conservative candidate banishes campaign volunteers who were at Trudeau rally​

Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole condemns harassing behaviour like what was on display Friday night​

John Paul Tasker · CBC News · Posted: Aug 28, 2021

🍻

Back