• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

I hope there's a lot of grandfathering involved with all these initiatives. I like the number of bathrooms I have and my snow blower.

;)
As do most. Those who have managed things well, or even moderately decently, don’t need a nanny state barging in, helping redistribution of capital equity to those who have less sense in how best to balance their wants and their needs.

Couple days into the re-elected Liberals and their's a police investigation. (Theft? Ethics?)
Hitting the ground running.
Going by the news the day after it happened, sounds like an Election Act complaint for removing the other guy’s campaign material. Not a statute I’m particularly familiar with, and it has a TON of different offences, so I’m not sure what the potential sanctions look like.

I hope there's a lot of grandfathering involved with all these initiatives. I like the number of bathrooms I have and my snow blower.

;)
You thought the Liberals would stop at guns, eh?
Guns were just a warm up…

You guys think you're joking. But after making life harder for lawn owners by banning a slate of lawn care products, why would the enviro-zealots balk at removing noisy, polluting machinery from one of the other seasons?

You guys think you're joking. But after making life harder for lawn owners by banning a slate of lawn care products, why would the enviro-zealots balk at removing noisy, polluting machinery from one of the other seasons?
Probably for the same ‘altruistic’ reasons that some people thinks there should be restrictions placed on how many bedrooms or bathrooms a Canadian homeowner should be allowed…

Don't need any of that nasty stuff when you live in a 800sf downtown condo. But energy for heated sidewalks and transit stops = good.

Not excessive, expensive. Nothing wrong with having a large well-appointed home; problematic to aspire to one without the means to actually achieve it. When I sing that song, I intend to make two points: a cheaper solution is a better aiming point; and earlier generations didn't just stumble into prosperity.

Which are two very valid points, which I support fully, and practice; however, I will never support increased government intervention to over-prescribe a housing equity framework that would inappropriately impact the responsible. It seems to me that the people who complain most about the injustice of the current housing market conditions have amongst them, many who fail to properly manage their means and desires.

Which are two very valid points, which I support fully, and practice; however, I will never support increased government intervention to over-prescribe a housing equity framework that would inappropriately impact the responsible. It seems to me that the people who complain most about the injustice of the current housing market conditions have amongst them, many who fail to properly manage their means and desires.
Nor would I accept a government dictating the size of house that you can/cannot have.

With that said, there should be a large stock of smaller, simpler, less expensive starter type home built (1500 sq ft, 3 bedroom, two bath unfinished basement) that can people housed fairly quickly.

Nor would I accept a government dictating the size of house that you can/cannot have.

With that said, there should be a large stock of smaller, simpler, less expensive starter type home built (1500 sq ft, 3 bedroom, two bath unfinished basement) that can people housed fairly quickly.
Heck, my first home in Lower Sackville was a new build 2 bedroom, 1 bath and unfinished basement. 99,000.00 in 1993. Perfect for a couple and one child.

WW 2 provides a few good examples of what might be done in this regard:

A RIVETED COMMUNITY: NORTH VANCOUVER’S WARTIME SHIPBUILDING​

The City of North Vancouver was unable to keep up with the housing needs of a huge influx of shipyard employees. The federal government stepped in to help fill the void by establishing Wartime Housing Ltd. in 1941. It moved quickly to end the crisis, signing agreements with municipalities to build three types of standardized houses.

And the 'Strawberry Boxes":

Strawberry box houses or Strawberry-box bungalow was a style of homes built during World War II[1] and into the 1950s to 1960s and found throughout Canada. The style uses a square or rectangular foundation and named due to the similarity with boxes used to hold strawberries. This style has also been called the "Simplified Cape Cod", or "Victory Houses" in the case of certain government advertisements.

amen to that

basic homes are few and far between. Developers don't offer a basic package within the construct itself and they don't offer a smaller construct when they market a new development. Consequently, many folks are shut out. Even condos and towns have 65,000 dollar kitchens when IKEA can supply the basics for 20

Well, good thing enough people made enough noise about the current situation for parliament to take action.

Democracy is a wonderful thing.

Back