• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

Not sure but apparently it's going to be 'lighter'. Whatever that means these days ;)

Shedding the Weight: Project aims to lighten the load with updated soldier clothing and equipment​

Doesnโ€™t that just mean โ€œNow we can overburden the troops with more stuff! Huzzah!โ€?

Not sure but apparently it's going to be 'lighter'. Whatever that means these days ;)

Shedding the Weight: Project aims to lighten the load with updated soldier clothing and equipment​

Well the new LAV 6 tablets are touch enabled so itโ€™s probably mutually beneficial

Since this thread is about new uniforms I thought I would attach this article from the February issue of Soldat und Technik about the four Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland) adopting a common Nordic Combat Uniform which includes winter, summer, jungle and desert versions. A link to the original article can be found on the last page and contains photos and video. The original article was translated from German to English using the ViValdi Translation tool, so hopefully no major typos.

Attachments

• New Nordic Combat Uniform.docx
    11.5 KB · Views: 15
Since this thread is about new uniforms I thought I would attach this article from the February issue of Soldat und Technik about the four Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland) adopting a common Nordic Combat Uniform which includes winter, summer, jungle and desert versions. A link to the original article can be found on the last page and contains photos and video. The original article was translated from German to English using the ViValdi Translation tool, so hopefully no major typos.
File won't open for me.

There is a thread on Lightfighter that has info about this - with pictures of the uniforms

Does anyone know what the status is of the new CADPAT?
Last I was tracking it was a trial run I think with 2 CMBG and the eFP BG.

3 RCR is wearing it, no idea if / when remit will be more widely adopted.

CADPAT MT will begin issuing out in 4 Div sometime later this year starting with combats, rain gear and bush caps (which would go to 2CMBG lines first); but Ontario is a weird place and I wouldn't be surprised to see just COs and RSMs with it and us regular folk still in faded combats until next year. PPE and LCE in MT is still being worked out, and TW will still be retained for recruits / non-trade qualified pers.

The DICE program if it was mentioned here, has very little to do with SOCEM and is specific only to the LIB(s?) and therefore light infantry types in the reg force may be seen with entirely different PPE and LCE than anyone else outside of cansof.

CADPAT MT will begin issuing out in 4 Div sometime later this year starting with combats, rain gear and bush caps (which would go to 2CMBG lines first); but Ontario is a weird place and I wouldn't be surprised to see just COs and RSMs with it and us regular folk still in faded combats until next year. PPE and LCE in MT is still being worked out, and TW will still be retained for recruits / non-trade qualified pers.

The DICE program if it was mentioned here, has very little to do with SOCEM and is specific only to the LIB(s?) and therefore light infantry types in the reg force may be seen with entirely different PPE and LCE than anyone else outside of cansof.
I would be very surprised if DICE doesnโ€™t end up equipping most of the infantry Bns. Itโ€™s pretty easy to justify since we all do dismounted training and all that.

I would be very surprised if DICE doesnโ€™t end up equipping most of the infantry Bns. Itโ€™s pretty easy to justify since we all do dismounted training and all that.
To some extent yes, by which if any of the small scale procurements made under DICE get made into larger scale acquisitions under SOCEM. Otherwise, maybe only Recce and snipes within the Mech Bns (albeit they already have their own equipment program).

Really the only different kit under DICE is this: a high cut helmet that can accommodate over-ear electronic hearing protection / communications headsets with a built in shroud for mounting night viewing devices; a plate carrier with a scalable suite of accessories; and lastly, a new rucksack and daysack. Otherwise, Light Inf have the same MT clothing system, sleeping kit and everything else as anyone else under the new deliverables through SOCEM or the other CAF wide equipment acquisitions.

Really the only different kit under DICE is this: a high cut helmet that can accommodate over-ear electronic hearing protection / communications headsets with a built in shroud for mounting night viewing devices; a plate carrier with a scalable suite of accessories;
SO what every other ground Army has done 20 years ago...
Got it.

But... but... but we've adopted the Mandarin Collar, haven't we?
Yea no wearing your collar up like that isn't listed as allowable on the kitlist. Please stick to cam paint in the front left tacvest pocket and field dressing in the right.

To some extent yes, by which if any of the small scale procurements made under DICE get made into larger scale acquisitions under SOCEM. Otherwise, maybe only Recce and snipes within the Mech Bns (albeit they already have their own equipment program).

Really the only different kit under DICE is this: a high cut helmet that can accommodate over-ear electronic hearing protection / communications headsets with a built in shroud for mounting night viewing devices; a plate carrier with a scalable suite of accessories; and lastly, a new rucksack and daysack. Otherwise, Light Inf have the same MT clothing system, sleeping kit and everything else as anyone else under the new deliverables through SOCEM or the other CAF wide equipment acquisitions.
Which should be for all soldiers engaged in close combat, mechanized or light. Rifles and radio work the same. But I digress.

Back