• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Air Ambulance missing off US coast

dapaterson

Army.ca Fossil
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
43,395
Points
1,210
A Gulfstream G-100 Air Ambulance out of Hamilton, ferrying a patient from Bermuda to Boston, is missing off the US coast. Two pilots, two medical staff, the patient and a family member are all missing.

 
It’s a private company that works on a contract basis, I would suspect a lot of the time at the behest of travel medical insurance providers.

Right.

Ornge is the sole statutory provider of air ambulance services for the province of Ontario.
 
The fellow I am helping with the 67 Cougar was a pilot for the province of Manitoba and flew Air Ambulance.

He was also a bush pilot with Manitoba Air Service. He has some tales to tell....
 
Right.

Ornge is the sole statutory provider of air ambulance services for the province of Ontario.
I'm sure there are more than a few private carriers though...in areas outside of Ontario, there are often carriers contracted to the provinces - I want to say I can think of 5 or 6 off the top of my head that supply air ambulance services to where I work...and if I had my say, they'd all be amalgamated into a single carrier.
 
Very sad news. Same company (and possibly same aircraft...same type at least) that brought by brother back to Canada from Florida after a serious cardiac incident. Thoughts and prayers to the crew and passengers. And shame on those who's first thoughts were about who's paying for a life saving mission.
 
Back
Top