• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAN Enhanced (Permanent?) Fwd Presence in Latvia

I’m still wondering what idiot came up with that.
Rather than just hollow out some GIB spots in rifle Coy’s, let’s have a good idea fairly have the PRes fill Pioneer and Mortar Pl..
With no LAV’s etc to work with.
The good idea fairy that thought the reserves if given a mission task to provide a platoon of X capability would always be able to support and deploy as a platoon. Sure, in theory, look how it ended up, other then the combined CH/LER platoon that went to latvia did any other unit even come close to fulfilling their mission tasks? I know my CO straight up said it wasn't happening. Again the system is broken and we need to fix it, yesterday

Simple....just never worry if you have a melmac plate or not. Imagine carrying a plate on one's fighting gear :)
What’s a melmac plate ? Is this Somme thing I can only understand if I had owned an 8 track player ?

We are a distinctly obese military compared to almost any other military. Sometimes to the point of embarrassment, it was the same thing in 2017 on the EFP. Doesn't matter that fat person 1 might be excellent in their role it is something we were judged on by the rest of the the BG for right or wrong.

In 2017 both the Spanish and the Italians on Roto 0 were pretty disgusted that field exercises lasted days but the Spanish quickly built a bridge and got over it. The Polish were just happy and did whatever whenever! In a funny twist the Italians on the next roto being mountain light infantry guys (cause no armoured vehs used in winter right) were awesome when it came to going to the field

It also highlighted how different we operated when the first time we sent out hayboxes to the field the Italian NSE Comd came to the Canadian LSG (pre NSE days) and asked why his ppl were eating like savages as there were no plates or utensils sent with the meals. We are use to an intermediary support org like a RQ/CQ giving that sort of support not the NSE/garrison services. We gained some credibility though as we had a ready stock of everything and ensured that the Italians could eat like proper home sapiens at the next meal!
Have a look at how school kids in France or Italy eat at school each day and then compare it how our kids eat and/or the school cafeterias (if one exists in a primary school in Canada). It's quite eye opening really on the differences.

Have a look at how school kids in France or Italy eat at school each day and then compare it how our kids eat and/or the school cafeterias (if one exists in a primary school in Canada). It's quite eye opening really on the differences.
I think the difference for a lot of our members is the approach and attitude we have to fitness and diet in the CAF. Maybe a box on donoughts for the shop shouldn’t be a daily occurrence

Age is a big factor too.

18 year old conscripts are probably considerably lighter than 35 year old 'lifers' ;)
Before I left Edmonton I, an aging 36 year old lifer, blew past our new crop from Meaford and I was jogging along at maybe a 5:15 per km pace. Deeply concerning given they had just come off course but I’m more worried about why they came to us with “DP1 incomplete.” Most of the Italian and Spanish NCOs were older than their Canadian counter parts and in considerably better shape, but then they take those things into account in their career progression and “barely passed fitness test” isn’t considered good enough.

Much of the "DP1 incomplete" is driven by alleged CoEs creating standards that are all but impossible to deliver... and which the majority of their obese staff could never accomplish.

Welp, I guess I'm officially old now.

Next thing you'll say you've never seen olive drab uniforms.

...'what are boot bands??'...

Matt Damon Grandpa GIF

Welp, I guess I'm officially old now.

Next thing you'll say you've never seen olive drab uniforms.
I’ll have you know I had the distinct pleasure of being jacked up for still having them as a reservist in 2005.

Much of the "DP1 incomplete" is driven by alleged CoEs creating standards that are all but impossible to deliver... and which the majority of their obese staff could never accomplish.
Well in my experience, and these cases it was not having them complete their 84 shoots. Which is a PO. I don’t know if a DP1 which has a PO thst has to be performed to a standard that would be effected by obesity myself but I’m open to being enlightened. I suppose it’s possible you mean CQCB but if you make it through CQCI and are still out of shape I commend your commitment to that lifestyle

I’ll have you know I had the distinct pleasure of being jacked up for still having them as a reservist in 2005.
Ah, army HQ where a Gunner Col (the G1) complained about the rollout plan, since he was still in olive drab when most of the LFAs were already in CADPAT, so he had the plan changed so he could get CADPAT.

Ah, army HQ where a Gunner Col (the G1) complained about the rollout plan, since he was still in olive drab when most of the LFAs were already in CADPAT, so he had the plan changed so he could get CADPAT.
In fairness this was more about having an RQ that didn’t like doing the drive from Kamloops to ASU Chilliwack, we found a fortress of bagged exchanges when he left that had to be processed. After that we were all in CADPAT.

Back