• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Installation of Tampon Dispensers in all Washrooms

I think a lot of the anger and frustration is that we spend our resources on this stuff and not on things to do the job that you are given. When you don't have ammunition, enough clothing, no AD, no ATGM's, no spare parts, not enough radios, etc, etc. Then magically these machines appear in the washroom in case a unicorn comes along with a need of them. You will then question the priorities of your leaders and government.

Exactly right. But the reaction to degenerate those with this frustration is to label them transphobe, which is just an attempt to change the channel from obvious incompetence to some perceived victimization.

To be fair, we can't know the motive for the vandalization. However... I spent many years policing the CAF's major bases and can't recall ever coming across any file involving "hate" and sex assault files were quite rare. Comparative to the broader Canadian society, hate crimes and other serious offences such as sex crimes are statistically non-existent. My civilian counterparts had far higher cases of this sort, per capita, then the CAF did. Based on my experiences the CAF is a very tolerant and safe organization - comparative to civilian society.

To be fair, we can't know the motive for the vandalization. However... I spent many years policing the CAF's major bases and can't recall ever coming across any file involving "hate" and sex assault files were quite rare. Comparative to the broader Canadian society, hate crimes and other serious offences such as sex crimes are statistically non-existent. My civilian counterparts had far higher cases of this sort, per capita, then the CAF did. Based on my experiences the CAF is a very tolerant and safe organization - comparative to civilian society.
Well, that’s to be expected, no?

The CAF says it’s a reflection of society, but it really isn’t. Demographically speaking of course, but also the fact that we have to interview, screen, etc applicants. As much as we make fun of the recruiting process, some folks still don’t get in.

Sure, its also a political topic that our Government is happy to wade in on.

Clearly the Fed's are framing this as something other than an employee/employer issue and making it a political one.

Wait until they bring it up as victory during their next electoral campaign.
This is next "new" thing for the Trudeau Liberals.

Seamus O'Regan Jr

@SeamusORegan

People don’t bring their own toilet paper to work, so they shouldn’t have to bring their own pads and tampons. We changed that. We put free menstrual products in federally-regulated workplaces. This bracelet is for Menstrual Hygiene Day.

Attachments

• Wrist.jpg
    Wrist.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1
Well, that’s to be expected, no?

The CAF says it’s a reflection of society, but it really isn’t. Demographically speaking of course, but also the fact that we have to interview, screen, etc applicants. As much as we make fun of the recruiting process, some folks still don’t get in.
Of course. Which makes all the screeching about culture of misogyny, rape, or some other intolerance just hot air.

Of course. Which makes all the screeching about culture of misogyny, rape, or some other intolerance just hot air.
No it isn’t.

I guess the main question is whether we (the CAF) are supposed to be better than Canadian society in general, or not? All those things about ethics, integrity, etc…

Saying “well we’re better than society as a whole” or in the case of RMC, “well Canadian universities have more sexual assaults* than us” isn’t helpful if the whole premise is that the CAF is supposed to be held to a higher standard.

Paraphrasing Dave Chappelle: We’re not supposed to be at the same level as Canadian society, because we’ve been screened to some extent.

* I have no idea if that’s the case

No it isn’t.

I guess the main question is whether we (the CAF) are supposed to be better than Canadian society in general, or not? All those things about ethics, integrity, etc…

Saying “well we’re better than society as a whole” or in the case of RMC, “well Canadian universities have more sexual assaults* than us” isn’t helpful if the whole premise is that the CAF is supposed to be held to a higher standard.

Paraphrasing Dave Chappelle: We’re not supposed to be at the same level as Canadian society, because we’ve been screened to some extent.

QV denounced the discourse which purports that the CAF has erected systems facilitating racism or HISB.

The fact that the CAF sees fewer such incidents than the society it draws its members from absolutely is, in fact, evidence that no such systems exist.

If people are doing good and you keep hounding them and calling them racist, sexist bastards... Good luck with retention and recruiting.

This is next "new" thing for the Trudeau Liberals.

Seamus O'Regan Jr

@SeamusORegan

People don’t bring their own toilet paper to work, so they shouldn’t have to bring their own pads and tampons. We changed that. We put free menstrual products in federally-regulated workplaces. This bracelet is for Menstrual Hygiene Day.
I've known people who brought their own toilet paper.

I still have not received a 40-minute lecture on or a DLN course on what tampons are, and how I'm supposed to use them.

No it isn’t.

The CAF is a reflection of society, and the fact that there is less crime and HISB is testament to the institution as a whole doing the right thing in that regard, maintaining a higher standard then the pool it recruits from. Selection, screening, training, discipline, all of that plays a part of course. If crime and HISB was worse than society, now you have a case, but it's not. Yet again, here we have another example of focusing on the wrong shit thinking things will improve.

But now recruiting and retention are in the gutter to the point where it is operationally significant, and magically the statistical rate of crime/HISB has not improved (hint: it will not get better especially with the broad definitions only the CAF applies and further immolates).

The CAF is a reflection of society, and the fact that there is less crime and HISB is testament to the institution as a whole doing the right thing in that regard, maintaining a higher standard then the pool it recruits from. Selection, screening, training, discipline, all of that plays a part of course. If crime and HISB was worse than society, now you have a case, but it's not. Yet again, here we have another example of focusing on the wrong shit thinking things will improve.

But now recruiting and retention are in the gutter to the point where it is operationally significant, and magically the statistical rate of crime/HISB has not improved (hint: it will not get better especially with the broad definitions only the CAF applies and further immolates).
I don't think that any of the vandalism is based on hate. I think that it is more because people are frustrated that they have to serve in a military that is being forced by the government to put tampon dispensers in the men's washrooms.

I don't think that any of the vandalism is based on hate. I think that it is more because people are frustrated that they have to serve in a military that is being forced by the government to put tampon dispensers in the men's washrooms.
I’m frustrated at the military for more reasons than I can count, but I don’t go vandalizing anything over it.

My guess is some of these people probably feel 2slgbtquiaa+ is getting shoved down their throats and smashing the tampon machines is an instant gratification way of saying FU.

Sure, but that is not a very adult thing to do, whatever the reason.

Looking forward to seeing sentries posted to prevent vandalization of government property, as would likely happen in the case of the routine and illegal destruction of other types of property, as well as increased investigation efforts resulting in the guilty parties being publicly punished.

Or maybe someone should lose their job for not being able to maintain 'good order and discipline'.

just sayin GIF

Looking forward to seeing sentries posted to prevent vandalization of government property, as would likely happen in the case of the routine and illegal destruction of other types of property, as well as increased investigation efforts resulting in the guilty parties being publicly punished.

Or maybe someone should lose their job for not being able to maintain 'good order and discipline'.

just sayin GIF
And the cost of this whole thing goes up.

My guess is some of these people probably feel 2slgbtquiaa+ is getting shoved down their throats and smashing the tampon machines is an instant gratification way of saying FU.
Yes, that may be true, but then I’d suggest that those folks shouldn’t be in the CAF.

It’s the law of the land, it may be a dumb one, but it’s not immoral or unjust, so suck it up and carry on.

Anyone who’s intentionally destroying property for this has larger issues.

Back