• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAN Enhanced (Permanent?) Fwd Presence in Latvia

Well just think of it as a way to make the enemy expend more resources trying to knock down an airmobile platoon ;)
That’s interesting arithmetic: is the CH 146 more or less valuable than the ZSU 23-4 that wakes up to destroy it.

That’s interesting arithmetic: is the CH 146 more or less valuable than the ZSU 23-4 that wakes up to destroy it.
I was more joking having to spend 4x more than a Blackhawk /GIB

I wouldn’t be worried about the 23-4’s these days, but SAM’s…

I was more joking having to spend 4x more than a Blackhawk /GIB

I wouldn’t be worried about the 23-4’s these days, but SAM’s…
23-4s are still in service, the M mounts man pads. To a helo that’s going to be coming low and slow I’d have serious worries.

23-4s are still in service, the M mounts man pads. To a helo that’s going to be coming low and slow I’d have serious worries.
I think they may be a little busy elsewhere...

But IF any NATO Military was to conduct airmobile operations in the Eastern European OA, I would hope it was both preceded by, and covered by a significant SEAD effort.

I think they may be a little busy elsewhere...

But IF any NATO Military was to conduct airmobile operations in the Eastern European OA, I would hope it was both preceded by, and covered by a significant SEAD effort.
Yes the whole comment was a joke on the value of the Griffon being to get an AD asset to start emitting.

Interestingly the aviation is commanded directly by the ground force commander ( Bde Comd). That’s a departure from doctrine as practiced by the RCAF for over 20 years where the aircraft were commanded by an Air component command with it’s own commander.

Would be interesting to know more about that decision and the reasons behind it.

Interestingly the aviation is commanded directly by the ground force commander ( Bde Comd). That’s a departure from doctrine as practiced by the RCAF for over 20 years where the aircraft were commanded by an Air component command with it’s own commander.

Would be interesting to know more about that decision and the reasons behind it.

No adequate 5* hotels in Riga?

:unsure:

Maybe it’s the first step for Tac Hel to become 1 Avn Regt :ROFLMAO:

1722389336803.png

Well they’re working out of Riga so I suspect they’ll be staying in the the apartments that TFL gets.

Given the size of the country it’s a bit pedantic but they aren’t going to be working out of Riga.
They will be based at the Lielvarde Air Base along with the rest of the Avn in the country.

Not the first time a PAO got it wrong, guess we will see. I trust my knowledge more than a CJOC twitter post.

Not the first time a PAO got it wrong, guess we will see. I trust my knowledge more than a CJOC twitter post.
Lielvarde is not ready for them. While it is being built up (the next couple years-ish), they will work out of the Riga airport.

Makes sense, no infrastructure projects there are happening quickly from what I have seen. Not the first or last timelines that will be modified. This fall is going to be interesting.

Lielvarde is not ready for them. While it is being built up (the next couple years-ish), they will work out of the Riga airport.
In fairness the might of the Latvian Airforce must keep that place pretty busy….

we’ll see how this first LIB fly over ex goes.

Back