• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAN Enhanced (Permanent?) Fwd Presence in Latvia

Well just think of it as a way to make the enemy expend more resources trying to knock down an airmobile platoon ;)
That’s interesting arithmetic: is the CH 146 more or less valuable than the ZSU 23-4 that wakes up to destroy it.

That’s interesting arithmetic: is the CH 146 more or less valuable than the ZSU 23-4 that wakes up to destroy it.
I was more joking having to spend 4x more than a Blackhawk /GIB

I wouldn’t be worried about the 23-4’s these days, but SAM’s…

I was more joking having to spend 4x more than a Blackhawk /GIB

I wouldn’t be worried about the 23-4’s these days, but SAM’s…
23-4s are still in service, the M mounts man pads. To a helo that’s going to be coming low and slow I’d have serious worries.

23-4s are still in service, the M mounts man pads. To a helo that’s going to be coming low and slow I’d have serious worries.
I think they may be a little busy elsewhere...

But IF any NATO Military was to conduct airmobile operations in the Eastern European OA, I would hope it was both preceded by, and covered by a significant SEAD effort.

I think they may be a little busy elsewhere...

But IF any NATO Military was to conduct airmobile operations in the Eastern European OA, I would hope it was both preceded by, and covered by a significant SEAD effort.
Yes the whole comment was a joke on the value of the Griffon being to get an AD asset to start emitting.

Back