• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

‘White nationalism’ a threat the Canadian Armed Forces aren’t equipped for: watchdog

So someone who doesn't identify as black will be met at the door and pressured not to attend, or very likely barred from attending.

Or would have been. National Post is reporting thr NAC had a change of plans.
The NAC needs a crusty PO2 to review their communications plans to ensure the virtue signaling is limited to DEFCON 50.

People are welcome to believe and govern themselves as they see fit. I don't believe anyone should be imposing their social and political beliefs on anyone.

Except they aren't governing themselves. Their garbage is spreading into policies and language. If they wanted to have their own cult, fine, but keep that crap out of society.

No, they are people with opposing ideas. And their ideas are to challenged and then they are to be left to be.

People are welcome to believe and govern themselves as they see fit. I don't believe anyone should be imposing their social and political beliefs on anyone.

There is no need for dehumanization, take the high road friend.
They need to be called out for racism. You want to celebrate Black Culture, your far better off inviting everyone to enjoy it. We don't hold a Chinese New Year parade and then ask the Whites and Indians to stay away, neither for Diwali or Persian New Year. In fact they are generally very happy to see other ethnic groups get into the spirit.

Except they aren't governing themselves.

Seems pretty clear to me they are governing themselves better than the alt-right at this moment.

Their garbage is spreading into policies and language.

So is the alt-right, fascist drivel... depends who you elect into power within a democratic society. I hold no Judeo-Christian beliefs, but if my wife or daughter needed an abortion in the South, that garbage and language has spread into policies and language.

Same but different shapes.

If they wanted to have their own cult, fine, but keep that crap out of society.

Again... same for the other side too. Don't be surprised when people who hold different ideals come into conflict with yours.

That's called political discourse and... contrary to popular belief... is required within a civil society in order for it to function.

In fact they are generally very happy to see other ethnic groups get into the spirit.

That reminds me of those videos where you see ethic groups being asked how they feel about people dressing in their traditional clothing and such. They seem to really like it and take it as a compliment. It's our own high-horse society that makes it taboo.

Seems pretty clear to me they are governing themselves better than the alt-right at this moment.

So is the alt-right, fascist drivel... depends who you elect into power within a democratic society. I hold no Judeo-Christian beliefs, but if my wife or daughter needed an abortion in the South, that garbage and language has spread into policies and language.

Same but different shapes.

Again... same for the other side too. Don't be surprised when people who hold different ideals come into conflict with yours.

That's called political discourse and... contrary to popular belief... is required within a civil society in order for it to function.
The majority of the Left do not want a debate, as far as they are concerned the issues are settled and you must comply. Yes the far right has some nutters, but in generally it's a live and let live thing.

That reminds me of those videos where you see ethic groups being asked how they feel about people dressing in their traditional clothing and such. They seem to really like it and take it as a compliment. It's our own high-horse society that makes it taboo.

Cultural appreciation, or cultural appropriation ?

Depends on one's point of view, I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, except for abortion, LGBTQ+, religion, etc. :rolleyes:
Other than a couple of crazy people downtown and someone knocking on my door, religion does not intrude into my life without asking. Even the church we go to accepts everyone and just asks you to be kind even if you disagree. As for abortion the current definition of life is a legally neat, but no basis in science. A real debate about abortion in this country would leave both ends of the spectrum unsatisfied, hence the reason they don't push for it. As for the gay issue, the majority wanted to be able to live with their partner in peace, share benefits and wealth. they got that and almost everyone on both sides moved on. For the rest of the alphabet soup crowd, most have mental issues or our just plain crazy and want to have an issue and even the normal gays are trying to distance from them.

Is that accurate or a little harsh?
I know two gay couples well. One is male, male, the other is female, female. Funny enough they don't define themselves everday as gay, they define themselves by their passions, which art, book writing, martial Arts, etc. Most of the others I causally know just want to be able to marry their partner and share their benefit. I get that, as do most people and it's a reasonable ask they had. I get to see a lot of teenagers these days thanks to my daughters and man so many of the kids are just a mess. Currently my youngest identifies as gay, we see what puberty holds for that. Having worked downtown at protest central, the hardcore are messed up and looking for a fight, they want to do anything but look at themselves. For the tiny, tiny minority of people with two sets of organ, my heart really goes out to them and we should be supporting them. The others are mostly attention seekers or have mental issues, and don't realize the issues they cause along the way.

From Stat's Canada: Canada is home to approximately one million people who are LGBTQ2+, accounting for 4% of the total population aged 15 and older in 2018.

As for the gay issue, the majority wanted to be able to live with their partner in peace, share benefits and wealth. they got that and almost everyone on both sides moved on. For the rest of the alphabet soup crowd, most have mental issues or our just plain crazy and want to have an issue and even the normal gays are trying to distance from them.
IKN's thoughts, a bad essay in 4 parts

On the surface I simply don't get transgenderism in modern society. If a man feels more effeminate and wants to live and express that way- he can do that. If a woman feels more masculine and to live and express that way- she can do that. Twink, Tomboy, whatever. Cool. There's assholes out there but by and large society should and does tolerate (not necessarily celebrate, but tolerate) the way people want to live- as we should. No need to transition to the other gender to be happy wearing flannel with short hair.

But there's a whole lot more than the surface. If it were that simple, people wouldn't subject themselves to the hardships of being trans. There really is something there that prevents people from people happy in their own skin, with their own sex. They even named it- gender dysphoria. To me that's a mental illness (not a pejorative- just the accurate description for a clinical diagnosable condition). Body dysmorphia. OCD. Anorexia. Tonnes of conditions where the way persons' brain perceives the body, the self, or the world around it is disjointed, negatively impacting their quality of life. Where I think things went wrong is that in some circles the previous sentence is completely taboo, that gender dysphoria has been entrenched as an expression of the "true self", and any discussion or attempt to treat it as a mental illness is bigoted. To me that further stigmatizes it. The help for a body dysmorphic person is not aid in self mutilation to help them embrace their "true self."

That being said, I'm not living it, I'm not an expert. In any case while it is my personal opinion that there should be discourse on mental treatment prior to resorting to physical (transitioning), in the end it is a legitimate mental health issue. If the treatment that resolves it and allows people to live a happy, healthy life is transitioning, good for them. While they're sorting it out, and after, they deserve to be treated with dignity and compassion.

Finally, while I am frustrated that there is a school of thought in this country where most of the above would be seen as intolerant, that I would get shouted down in many university forums, I also think that is small potatoes when there are very active movements (governmental and non) on this continent to other, demonize, and persecute people, inciting violence out of nothing but small minded bigoted hatred.

Back