• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

12 months for determination?

My reassessment date is Nov 2016 but documents didn't make it to VAC until October 17. I hope this doesn't take a year like my last application.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

meni0n said:
My reassessment date is Nov 2016 but documents didn't make it to VAC until October 17. I hope this doesn't take a year like my last application.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Keep your fingers crossed but don't start counting on it. They say they're moving to shorten the wait times but the number of VAC employees has declined significantly according to their latest stats. That includes the re-opening and manning those field offices. Something doesn't add up.

AirDet said:
Keep your fingers crossed but don't start counting on it. They say they're moving to shorten the wait times but the number of VAC employees has declined significantly according to their latest stats. That includes the re-opening and manning those field offices. Something doesn't add up.

I sent the ombudsman's office and email about that and have received no response. He should be all over that. The CAF ombudsman seems to be doing a better job advocating for Veterans than the Vets ombudsman.

I filed a complaint about slow processing time with the ombudsman about a month ago and didn't receive a letter acknowledging the complaint. A year ago I got one within two weeks.

Slow processing time from VAC Ombudsman due to staff shortage to answer the increasing number of complaints re VAC slow processing time due to staff shortages. ;D

What a vicious circle of underfunding... So much for the PM's commitment to resolve these issues.

Back