• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2007 CSOR course to be Navy/Air Force?

I saw them on a ruck march this mornining on our way to the range. Those fancy rucks are high speed. They certainly looked a lot better and more comfortable than ours. Good luck to the candidates.

Sounds like the course is well under way. I have heard rumours that it has dropped a couple dozen candidates. A 40% nonsucessful rate is not unheard of in the SOF community.

I would think that the success rate or lack thereof is probably more due to the fact that almost all the candidates are either AF/Navy. You can say what you want about guys coming out of the Army maybe with some bad habits developed already but at least most of them are solid on the basics.
I think another contributing factor is the Army guys (not trying to bash AF/Navy pers)have a better idea of what kind of unit they are going to and the training that is going to be required from them, maybe the culture shock alone has sent some candidates packing. You can call it what you want but thats how I'm seeing things right now. :-\

Back