• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

That will work up until the rest of the world says “fine - we’re not trading with you now”.

Who has come around? From the obviously unscientific metric of likes on this forum, it’s pretty galvanized between the two sides on here.

You, Quirky, Fishbone Jones, and sometimes ArmyRick on one side of an argument re Trump, Poilievre, Convoy, etc

Me, Brihard, Remius, Pelorus, TheHead, and sometimes Lumber on the opposite side (KevinB too for Trump-related topics).
Feel free to pigeon hole yourself. Leave me out of your horseshit conspiracies. I hold some opinions different than others, that's all you need be concerned about.

As long as we have something others want, at the right price, they'll trade with us.

Feel free to pigeon hole yourself. Leave me out of your horseshit conspiracies. I hold some opinions different than others, that's all you need be concerned about.
I’m scanning through the arguments in various threads and your name pops up with the same folks over and over again. This is not a conspiracy, unless you’re suggesting that you didn’t put the “likes” on those comments.

As long as we have something others want, at the right price, they'll trade with us.
That might be true in the beginning, but what country only exports but doesn’t import?

I’m scanning through the arguments in various threads and your name pops up with the same folks over and over again. This is not a conspiracy, unless you’re suggesting that you didn’t put the “likes” on those comments.

That might be true in the beginning, but what country only exports but doesn’t import?
Who cares who I give 'likes' to. I give likes to lots of people. Even some of those you consider on your 'team.' We're not in a schoolyard and we aren't kids. I'm not playing your silly childish games.

ArmyRick on one side of an argument re Trump, Poilievre, Convoy, etc
I am not a Trump fan. He talks a big talk but what are the specifics on his policies? None. Now if Trey Gowdy had run for republican candidate, I could totally support a republican like him. I am actually a big fan of Tulsi Gabbard, first she is a soldier (I am openly biased towards fellow military) and a lot of her stuff came across as center, maybe center left. However neither is running for prez.
Yanks need more COMMON SENSE approach. I fear the yanks have shit option A or Shit option B in this presidential election.

I will reiterate again, I have voted Conservative, NDP, Green, Reform (when they existed) and independent candidates. My blind, unrelenting loyalty is for my wife and children only, not ANY political party.

Wheeling back to PP himself, latest Angus Reid numbers show big Blue lead continues, but PP himself still not seen as "favourable" by a majority ....
1725459308715.png
1725459333454.png
How the latest survey was done
1725459413812.png
Also attached as PDF if link doesn't work.

Attachments

Alphabet activist groups are raising alarms about certain rights they won't have if PP is elected.

Queer advocates say a Conservative government led by Pierre Poilievre would be dangerous for the LGBTQ+ community, and some are calling on Trudeau to step aside to give the Liberals a better chance at winning the next election — which must happen by Oct. 20, 2025.

Sarah Worthman, executive director of the Newfoundland and Labrador Queer Research Initiative, says she’s seriously concerned about the potential harm of a Conservative government for LGBTQ+ Canadians.

She points to Poilievre's comments saying minors should not have access to puberty blockers and transgender athletes should be barred from women’s sports and changing rooms.

All that should be provincially regulated. It's pretty cute they think their issues are important considering the current state of this country. So many more important issues the general public cares about.

Alphabet activist groups are raising alarms about certain rights they won't have if PP is elected.

All that should be provincially regulated. It's pretty cute they think their issues are important considering the current state of this country. So many more important issues the general public cares about.
They actually said more.

They think JT should step down to prevent PP from winning.

Which goes to what @The Bread Guy was posting about the CPC being ahead but PP not being seen favourably.

Just a guess but I bet JT stepping down would likely see a 10 point increase in their polling.

I am also not sure the public at large is on side with Ms Worthmann's beliefs on puberty blockers for children and the transgender athletes issue.

I would imagine that the majority of LGBTQ folks don't even care about issues like these, they just want to live their lives. The problem comes from advocacy groups and activists who seem to think they speak for all LGBTQ people and know what's best for them.

PP was able to accomplish what was needed, with his attack style. He opened a huge lead, which appears to have stabilized. Now he can shift incrementaly to his own self and start selling that. If numbers start to fall he can shift back slightly to repair it.

I would imagine that the majority of LGBTQ folks don't even care about issues like these, they just want to live their lives. The problem comes from advocacy groups and activists who seem to think they speak for all LGBTQ people and know what's best for them.
The upcoming election in BC is going to be the litmus test on this issue.

PP was able to accomplish what was needed, with his attack style. He opened a huge lead, which appears to have stabilized. Now he can shift incrementaly to his own self and start selling that. If numbers start to fall he can shift back slightly to repair it.
Not exactly. The cpc lead opened when he stopped attacking and barking and adopted a softer approach. That happened exactly this time last year and you can see the lead grow from there. Go on 338 and you’ll see how and when that happened. You can also see that when it drops a bit coincides when he or another of his party says something stupid.

Also Trudeau’s fortunes and likability dropped in conjunction with that.

It’s a case of things happening despite him not necessarily because of him. His change in tone helps cement that but he’s only a few serious gaffes from dropping poll wise given how unpopular he is despite his party standing. Fortunately for them Trudeau is more prone to gaffes and tone deafness than he is right now.

Lets also not forget that PP has the LGBTQ+ folks in his immediate family.

I am also not sure the public at large is on side with Ms Worthmann's beliefs on puberty blockers for children and the transgender athletes issue.
Agreed, I think this rainbow group would have something to say

Agreed, I think this rainbow group would have something to say

That's a U.S. group. Free speech aside, if we're not happy with the Tides Foundation allegedly doing their thing in Canada, Soros and his alleged shenanigans or U.S. think tanks funding Canadian media, we shouldn't be keen on them poking their noses in, either.

Back