• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

That alleged "lawlessness and general idiocy" was of much less import that Trudeau's divisive, revolting, and destructive instigation, incitement, and overreaction.
Much of the City of Ottawa would disagree with that, but sure.

But fuck us, right? We just happen to live in the nation’s capital…

Didn’t the liberal party implode over there?
Yes but they threw their support behind the BC Conservatives. Many United MLAs are now becoming Conservative candidates. Some are saying they’re running as independents. Some are quitting and saying they’re going to support the NDP.

The BC Conservatives are now statistically tied with the NDP.

@Cloud Cover

Is this a campaign issue out on the left coast ?
The BC Conservatives have been expressing their opposition to SOGI, or Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity education in schools. I’m not there so I can’t give an opinion on how terrible this is. Some people claim they are performing sex change operations at schools, which I doubt. Some say it’s teaching kids to be accepting of others. I imagine the NDP have a lot of OPPO research on what Tory candidates are saying.

Sure they did. I just don't let it eat a hole in me or keep me up nights worrying about what is in the past.
Did I say it did?

QV brought up why I dislike Poilievre. I said because of what happened in the convoy. I acknowledge that it was a shitty time back then.

That’s it.

Did I say it did?

QV brought up why I dislike Poilievre. I said because of what happened in the convoy. I acknowledge that it was a shitty time back then.

That’s it.

To think someone would choose a politician that will be ruinous for the country because another stood up for the little guy they don’t like… :ROFLMAO:

To think someone would choose a politician that will be ruinous for the country because another stood up for the little guy they don’t like… :ROFLMAO:
Said guy isn’t standing up for them anymore, at least publicly.

Also, please pick a lane. Is it the “little guy” or the “silent majority”? Plenty of comments about how widespread the convoy support was through Canada.

It can’t be both.

Did I say it did?

That’s it.
What's with you and Remius? You think you can ask me a question and I'm supposed to just answer yes or no? I'm entitled to add whatever commentary I want to my answers. Sometimes, I'll just add some commentary so some can understand how I feel about a subject. It's not always about you.

What's with you and Remius? You think you can ask me a question and I'm supposed to just answer yes or no? I'm entitled to add whatever commentary I want to my answers. Sometimes, I'll just add some commentary so some can understand how I feel about a subject. It's not always about you.
Sometimes your comments are a backhanded way of sliding in a minor insult- “I just don’t let it eat a hole in me or keep me up at nights worrying about what is in the past”. Sure that’s a comment you’re perfectly entitled to make. It’s also a jab at Dimsum that he’s perfectly free to reply to in turn. He hasn’t tried to govern how you reply, he just sometimes notes if a question he poses has actually been answered or not. And if you mischaracterize his reply, sometimes he’ll correct you.

Much of the City of Ottawa would disagree with that, but sure.

But fuck us, right? We just happen to live in the nation’s capital…
So some annoyances trump creating and stoking a crisis when it could have been easily avoided or resolved, freezing people's bank accounts, and trashing constitutional rights? One man did that, purely for ego-stoking and political gain. What do you expect people to do when their jobs, businesses, homes, and families are ruined? Bend over and beg for more?

Homeless people, however, were apparently quite happy with the extra food that they received. Trudeau seems to like them, though - he keeps creating more. He even almost got my younger sister.

You're lucky to live in Ottawa rather than a bunch of US cities that saw mass violent riots, burnt buildings, a couple of dozen deaths, thousands of injuries, and about two billion dollars of insurable damage not long before that. I don't think that anybody has been able to calculate the total of uninsured damage and loss. That mainly affected people too poor to afford insurance for their homes and businesses. That, of course, hit their workers and customers hard as well. They would have gladly traded their situations for yours, I'm sure.

So some annoyances trump creating and stoking a crisis when it could have been easily avoided or resolved, freezing people's bank accounts, and trashing constitutional rights? One man did that, purely for ego-stoking and political gain. What do you expect people to do when their jobs, businesses, homes, and families are ruined? Bend over and beg for more?

Homeless people, however, were apparently quite happy with the extra food that they received. Trudeau seems to like them, though - he keeps creating more. He even almost got my younger sister.

You're lucky to live in Ottawa rather than a bunch of US cities that saw mass violent riots, burnt buildings, a couple of dozen deaths, thousands of injuries, and about two billion dollars of insurable damage not long before that. I don't think that anybody has been able to calculate the total of uninsured damage and loss. That mainly affected people too poor to afford insurance for their homes and businesses. That, of course, hit their workers and customers hard as well. They would have gladly traded their situations for yours, I'm sure.
We’ve swerved hard into Convoy rather than purely CPC, but it could have been easily resolved if the Ottawa Police did their damn job and started enforcing the rules.

It was overwhelmed but rather than call in help, it…didn’t do anything. Hell, their chief got fired over it.

We can shift this to the Convoy thread if you wish, but I think I’ve tangented enough.

Back