• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2023 UCP Alberta election

Welcome to the 'back track ;)
'
View attachment 74206
Still don't really get what travel they are complaining about; doesn't really matter what Canadian policies are when countries shut their borders to unvaccinated foreign citizens.

Such a stupid statement to begin with, but even the backpeddling still doesn't make sense. Holy fucking victim complex Batman.

Welcome to the 'back track ;)
'
View attachment 74206

She might need a second track to back, especially for being a Cherokee Pretendian:

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith says she has Cherokee roots, but the records don’t back that up​

Smith alleges her ‘great-great-grandmother’ was Cherokee

There's probably some mundane explanation, but I'm hoping to find out that it's because Cherokee "braves" were Conan-like studs who rode the length and breadth of North America adventuring and carousing and wenching.

Smith is a breath of fresh air, and the (most liked) comments to this article are equaling refreshing.

Smith's interview with Jordan Peterson is on YouTube for those interested. She spoke candidly with no notes for over an hour.

She might need a second track to back, especially for being a Cherokee Pretendian:

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith says she has Cherokee roots, but the records don’t back that up​

Smith alleges her ‘great-great-grandmother’ was Cherokee

Perhaps it came down through oral family history? How many people have been told, say, their great great grandfather cleared a whole trench of Germans, captured a general, etc only to find out, through long forgotten records that he never left England. The story gets passed down and embellished, but everyone still thinks he was front line. Why would a great great grandchild not believe what her family told her about the past and be proud of it?

Smith is a breath of fresh air, and the (most liked) comments to this article are equaling refreshing.

Smith's interview with Jordan Peterson is on YouTube for those interested. She spoke candidly with no notes for over an hour.
She's a massive threat to trudeau's plans. He doesn't like being told to shove off. She's pushing him into a constitutional crisis he can't handle. She must be destroyed by any means. I would not surprise me in the least if the fact checker of her heritage was hired clandestinely by the PMO.

She's going to mistep, no doubt. Quebec has it almost down, but it's taken them since René Lévesque to get there through successive governments.

Smith is the René Lévesque of Alberta. She is the start, not the finish. She's got good ideas and is smart, but she'll make mistakes, some small, some big. But I think she'll get through it. Hopefully, the other provinces can watch and learn and take their destiny back from the PMO.

For the Chronic "anything Conservative is always bad" crowd, there will be no pleasing them.

Having listened to Danielle Smith interview with Jordan Peterson, she along with PP are the new wave of conservatives that this country really needs. Facts not fantasy, Facts not fiction, facts not far fetched ideology.

Now, for you people that my first sentence describes, bring the hate and comments.

Last edited:
Perhaps it came down through oral family history? How many people have been told, say, their great great grandfather cleared a whole trench of Germans, captured a general, etc only to find out, through long forgotten records that he never left England. The story gets passed down and embellished, but everyone still thinks he was front line. Why would a great great grandchild not believe what her family told her about the past and be proud of it?

My personal favorite is every LE .303 I run across is the one their ancestor used at Vimy or Normandy.

I never pop their bubble. I just smile, nod and move along.

For the Chronic "anything Conservative is always bad" crowd, there will be no pleasing them.

Having listened to her interview with Jordan Peterson, she along with PP are the new wave of conservatives that this country really needs. Facts not fantasy, Facts not fiction, facts not far fetched ideology.

Now, for you people that my first sentence describes, bring the hate and comments.
Exactly what is happening stateside for exactly the same reasons. Trudeau is biden and biden is trudeau.
Their administrations are based on the same goals and tactics, and the MAGA Republicans are ready to make biden real uncomfortable, if not gone.

The difference between the Quebec model and Alberta, is if it came to a sovereignty vote, it would be well above the 50%+1 and a done deal.

Jumping around topics here a bit with my answers. Just want to cut down on the amount of posts. Apologies if it's difficult to follow.

Actually, the Cherokee nation keeps meticulous records. Probably the hardest group to claim inclusion with.
It would explain her getting called out then I would suppose. Maybe because they Cherokee spanned a large geopolitical area?

Having listened to Danielle Smith interview with Jordan Peterson, she along with PP are the new wave of conservatives that this country really needs. Facts not fantasy, Facts not fiction, facts not far fetched ideology.
Are we talking about the same Danielle Smith?

Funny, this particular 'truth stretch' continues to come back to bite her... or incite merriment ;)

"When the leaders were asked about Smith’s ancestry claim, many in the room erupted with laughter."

Alberta chief critical of Premier Danielle Smith’s claim of Indigenous roots​

EDMONTON - A First Nations leader in Alberta is questioning Premier Danielle Smith’s claim of Indigenous heritage.
Smith has said she has some Cherokee roots and years ago declared herself as a person of mixed race.
Chief Tony Alexis of Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation, west of Edmonton, said Friday that a true Indigenous person would not go against treaty people.

He made the comment at a news conference where leaders of Treaties 6, 7, and 8 said they oppose Smith’s plan to introduce an Alberta sovereignty act that would allow her government to opt out of federal measures deemed harmful to provincial interests.

When the leaders were asked about Smith’s ancestry claim, many in the room erupted with laughter.

“A true Indigenous person would not go against all the treaty people of this land,” said Alexis.
“What we’re realizing is that anybody wants to be a part of the Indigenous community if there’s a benefit.”

A story this week by the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network looked into Smith’s family tree and found no evidence of the premier being Indigenous. APTN worked with Canadian and Cherokee genealogists and examined U.S. census reports from the late 1800s in its investigation.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...ls.html?li_source=LI&li_medium=star_web_ymbii
The premier’s office issued a statement following the story saying, “Smith hasn’t done a deep dive into her ancestry but is proud of her roots.”
“Like so many Albertans that have origins from all over the world, Premier Smith has heard about her heritage from her loved ones. Her family has spoken for years about their ancestry and she is proud of her family history.”

APTN says Smith claimed to be a person of “mixed-race ancestry” in 2012, when she was leader of the Wildrose Party.
In the legislature that year, APTN said Smith spoke about her great-great-grandmother.

“She was a member of the Cherokee Nation that had been forcibly relocated to Kansas from the southeastern United States in the 1830s by the U.S. government, a terrible stain on the history of America known as the Trail of Tears,” Smith said, according to legislative records obtained by APTN.
More recently, Smith declared Indigenous lineage during the Unite
d Conservative Party leadership race.

“As someone with Indigenous ancestry, I honour the heritage of Canada’s Indigenous Peoples as one of our nation’s and province’s greatest treasures and strengths,” said the tweet from Smith on Sept. 28.

Some false claims of Indigenous ancestry have recently come to light at universities in Canada.

Alexis said there’s always a reason for Indigenous identity fraud.

“At the university level, we have people who are not Indigenous who claim that they are Indigenous to gain benefits, to gain bursaries and so on,” said the chief.

“There’s always something behind it.”

Back