• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2024 BC Election

Regardless, BC is likely facing years of legislative uncertainty and struggle as no one party will be dominant enough to confidently drive the agenda.
The 2017 NDP minority supported by GP lasted over 3 years, and Horgan is the one that pulled the plug.

If the results stand as they are now, the only interesting question is whether the Greens will formally support one of the other parties (and at what price), or everything will be done case-by-case.

Rebellion. I’ve heard Kevin Acton - an independent in Vernon Lumby who had campaign signs everywhere designed to look like he was a Conservative candidate - took so many votes that the NDP again slid in and took the riding. That’s twice in a row the PPC or Liberals (he’s a Liberal- have engaged in fishy conduct).

I spoke about this case above. Respectfully, I think you’re casting an unfair aspersion on Acton. He was elected as the BC United candidate for his riding. He basically refused to completely cave in because the party leader told him to on dissolution of the party. He was selected by his riding association, and simply continued to run as an independent. I think it was reasonable for BCU candidates to feel they were hung out to dry and to not just roll over and take it.

He made his election signs look like Conservative signs and very few if any of those signs indicated he was an independent.

Nail biter...

Les Leyne: A dead-heat election for B.C. thanks to Conservative surge​

The Conservative Party of B.C.’s stunning surge culminated in a dead-heat election that on Saturday night left them just short of the 47-seat majority.

The West Van Green win so far is by 260 votes. considering the disarray on the Conservative side, it means the NDP is not close to voters hearts.

Back