• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2024 BC Election

Ok… So I show up to the passed out person call and they’re absolutely out of it, cannot be roused and require medical attention, which in the normal course of things would necessitate ambulance transport them to emerg. What would you have happen in these circumstances? We and the paramedics have a legal duty of care.

Or you can just walk by them, like dozens of people probably did in this case ...

What I can say is that shit hits different when you’ve lost a close family member to fentanyl.
I am sorry.

If you stopped to check on every prone body while out walking in most Canadian cities, you would be very a long time in getting anywhere, if you did not get physically assaulted for your troubles.

There is just so much open drug use, it threatens the very fabric of society.

Survey says... trouble for the NDP and BC United....

BC NDP Lead Narrows as British Columbians Ponder Choices​

June 25, 2024By Mario Canseco

Voter consideration for the Conservatives and the Greens rose since May, along with the approval ratings for their leaders.

Vancouver, BC [June 25, 2024] – The governing BC New Democratic Party (NDP) remains ahead of the Conservative Party of BC as British Columbians consider their options in this year’s provincial election, a new Research Co. poll has found.

In the online survey of a representative provincial sample, 40% of decided voters (-2 since a similar Research Co. poll conducted in May 2024) would cast a ballot for the governing BC New Democratic Party (NDP) candidate in their riding if the election were held today, while 33% (+1) would support the Conservative Party of BC.

The BC Green Party is third with 15% (+3), followed by BC United—currently the Official Opposition in the Legislative Assembly—with 11% (-1). Other parties and independent candidates are backed by 2% of decided voters (=).

So the NDP are now at their traditional +/-40%. If there is one free-enterprise option, the NDP usually lose in that case. Even though BC United (formerly BC Liberals) is sucking the hind tit, it’s still not enough for the BCCP to win over the NDP. This looks more like a two election process for them to become the free-enterprise coalition. Usually, I would say for this to happen, the BCCP will have to moderate to attract Liberal free-enterprise voters. But in this era, who knows? 🤷‍♂️ I’m stunned they are doing as well as they are and United is doing as terrible as they are.

I’m still surprised 15% see the Greens as relevant. 🤦‍♂️

I am sorry.

If you stopped to check on every prone body while out walking in most Canadian cities, you would be very a long time in getting anywhere, if you did not get physically assaulted for your troubles.

There is just so much open drug use, it threatens the very fabric of society.
Yes… But I was initially replying in the context of those of us in professions with a duty of care beyond that of the general public.

Back