• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

25 Skills Every Man Should Know - Popular Mechanics article

Roy Harding said:
Maybe I'm just more in touch with my "sensitive side".

But that's OK - I like "manly" girls.  ;)

Roy

Oh, I got less than that on the Man's quiz, so I think I'm still okay.......
5.gif
.....than again, maybe not!

emmiee said:
I guess if the "list" fits  ;D

Hilarious...

For myself, I got 22 out of 25 on the man test, and 20 out of 25 on the female one.

7. How to talk back to chauvanist goons at the car dealership.  (dont have that problem...)
9. How to grow plants and vegetables. (Im hopeless...)
11. How to make your own italian pizza oven. (Will fix that next year)
15. How to put on makeup. (uuuh, no...)
16. How to use household appliances. (still working on them thar fancy clothes washers and dishwashers...)

If you are a guy and got 25 out of 25, that means youre able to do #7 and #15.  Well... I guess theres nothing wrong with that in this day and age...

GreyMatter said:
7. How to talk back to chauvanist goons at the car dealership.  (dont have that problem...)

What if they're female chauvinists?  ;)

Send me proof you can do all 25 and I'll send you a package of cookies (or enough to buy a package anyways...)

Hmmm.... I can do 25 of 25 on the manly side
will only admit to having done 20 of 25 on the womanly side of the house.

Can I, can't I... I'll never tell :) ;)

Since we're bragging.....

For me it's 24/25 and 22/25.

I was disappointed that," brewing your own beer, wine or other hooch", appeared on neither list.
I'd call it a life skill.

Ok, if things like using a lawn mower or drill, troubleshooting a laptop, etc are on the women's list (and I agree they should be!)- here's a couple for the men's list:

1.  Do laundry (including folding, matching socks, and putting away!)
2.  Cook a proper meal for the family (including cleaning up) - note that ordering pizza, BBQ-ing, or making pancakes don't count!
3.  Put ponytails in a 4-year-old's hair.
4.  Help same 4-year-old put on leotards/tights.

I can't think of any others right now, but there's probably more...

Having kids brings the parents a whole new skillset....maybe, rather than trying to make separate lists for males and females, we simply write a training manual for having and raising kids....now won't that be fun.......  ;D

exgunnertdo said:
Ok, if things like using a lawn mower or drill, troubleshooting a laptop, etc are on the women's list (and I agree they should be!)- here's a couple for the men's list:

1.  Do laundry (including folding, matching socks, and putting away!)
2.  Cook a proper meal for the family (including cleaning up) - note that ordering pizza, BBQ-ing, or making pancakes don't count!
3.  Put ponytails in a 4-year-old's hair.
4.  Help same 4-year-old put on leotards/tights.

I can't think of any others right now, but there's probably more...

I've got those four down pat.  Especially number two.  Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies, bread (yes, I make that too) and gravy.  Not from a can, but from a pan.  Drippings, flour and water only.  Yummy!

You'll be a SME at #1 after your IR is done there Grognard ... wait for it!!  >:D

Always seperate your whites from the darks (ie your relish suit dammit).

ArmyVern said:
You'll be a SME at #1 after your IR is done there Grognard ... wait for it!!  >:D

Always seperate your whites from the darks (ie your relish suit dammit).
Done and done!  Relish goes in with Relish, everything else in a big pile (j/k)

I'm not allowed to do household laundry any more...

People assume, oh, you're in the army, you must know how to do laundry..

"Of course I do, how silly do you think I am?"
"Great, don't forget to seperate the delicatess..."
"Sep... er... ate?"

Just a Sig Op said:
I'm not allowed to do household laundry any more...

People assume, oh, you're in the army, you must know how to do laundry..

"Of course I do, how silly do you think I am?"
"Great, don't forget to seperate the delicatess..."
"Sep... er... ate?"
Yeah, I don't know what some people's problem  is.....why would you separate the clothes.....that's discrimination and sexist....the water is the same, the soap is the same, ergo.....they all go into the same wash together. Causes closeness.... ;D

heh.... you should see my wife's reaction as I prepare a load of laundry
her unmentionables & frilly things ........ usually am asked to go do something else more constructive while she takes care of things :)

geo said:
heh.... you should see my wife's reaction as I prepare a load of laundry
her unmentionables & frilly things ........ usually am asked to go do something else more constructive while she takes care of things :)

See, if you do that often enough, and ruin enough frillies......it get's you out of laundry duty........smart man!!

I suppose it would make me very manly to just say "I can do all that", but I have to admit I have either done or feel competent to do about 20 of the listed 'skills'. That makes me about 80% male....  :-X

NavComm said:
I suppose it would make me very manly to just say "I can do all that", but I have to admit I have either done or feel competent to do about 20 of the listed 'skills'. That makes me about 80% male....  :-X

or typical

Back