• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

28 Palestinians killed in Gaza as Israel hits Hamas with airstrikes; rockets kill 3 Israelis

Pretty typical, Hamas does not value live Palestinians, they are worth more dead. So Arabs have dryly calculated that one is Israeli is worth 6 Palestinians to Hamas and the other Arab leaders. When i posted about the Chinese rocket falling to earth, my Israeli friend said "please that's just a slow weekend here". Apparently 300 rockets have been fired at Israel this year so far.

Hamasiran definitely gave Iron Dome a workout...

Iron dome has to be the most tested defence system in the world from all of these attacks.

Something of note is that people my age (I'm 16) vastly sympathize with the Palestinians for some reason, which I can't quite understand why. Lots of performative activism and hashtags on social media platforms, along with some pretty insane messaging.

Considering this all started with Israel taking out a high ranking hamas commander, leading to the massive rocket attack to overwhelm the irondome system. One rocket hit the presidential palace garage, Hamas gunmen have taken to the streets of Lod and in gun battles with police.

This has the markings of a new major conflict

Youth are generally attracted to what they perceive as underdogs, that's a natural starting point to a worldly education. The palestinians have pretty much shot themselves in the foot with every major Arab nation, who have grown tired of their failure to create a future with what they have. About the only people that care about them now are Malaysians (who live far away and can romanticize about them, while hating their Indonesian Muslim Brothers) and western upper middle class people with to much time on their hands. for Hamas a Palestinian killed by the IDF is worth way more than a live Palestinian complaining about a lack of work, education and possibility of working elsewhere. Hamas hates the mundane grind of running a functioning government, instead spends it's time fantasising how they are going to destroy the State of Israel and abusing the efforts of the UN. The UN meanwhile is the biggest enabler of the palestinians fantasy, because if the Palestinians dropped the rockets, support for the MB and focused on education and jobs, the Egyptian border would open up and work would happen and there would be no future for the UNRWA and all those people would lose their cushy jobs and have to go work in some flea bitten part of the world.

Considering this all started with Israel taking out a high ranking hamas commander, leading to the massive rocket attack to overwhelm the irondome system. One rocket hit the presidential palace garage, Hamas gunmen have taken to the streets of Lod and in gun battles with police.

This has the markings of a new major conflict
Not according to these stories

Gaza militants, Israel trade new rocket fire and airstrikes

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israel-airstrikes-gaza-rockets-hamas-palestinians-1.5123653

Last edited:
Iron dome has to be the most tested defence system in the world from all of these attacks.

Something of note is that people my age (I'm 16) vastly sympathize with the Palestinians for some reason, which I can't quite understand why. Lots of performative activism and hashtags on social media platforms, along with some pretty insane messaging.
I think that there may be a bit of anti-Semitism in there as well.

Hamas launches rockets --> IDF launches air strikes --> Hamas launches more rockets --> IDF strikes more targets

How can this cycle ever end?

Hamas launches rockets --> IDF launches air strikes --> Hamas launches more rockets --> IDF strikes more targets

How can this cycle ever end?
Israel could at any time level Gaza, but they won't. It would take the people of Gaza loosing the hearts and minds of the people, they need to turn on hamas. There are plenty of Palestinians who live and coexist in Israel, they can be peaceful together.

I think that there may be a bit of anti-Semitism in there as well.
The weirdest part which I struggle to understand is the same people who virtue signal about "Free Palestine" were also the same people preaching anti-racism about a week ago. I struggle to understand the logic and thinking process of my generation.

Israel could at any time level Gaza, but they won't. It would take the people of Gaza loosing the hearts and minds of the people, they need to turn on hamas. There are plenty of Palestinians who live and coexist in Israel, they can be peaceful together.
I'm extremely uninformed about this entire area, any books or writing you would recommend?

Why does Israel allow Hamas in Gaza to continue launching rockets at their cities? Hell, the IDF could probably take the entire West Bank in a month. Why not? Fear of international condemnation? What is the point of this settler strategy? Slowly build outposts until there is nothing but outposts? What am I missing?

I'm extremely uninformed about this entire area, any books or writing you would recommend?

Why does Israel allow Hamas in Gaza to continue launching rockets at their cities? Hell, the IDF could probably take the entire West Bank in a month. Why not? Fear of international condemnation? What is the point of this settler strategy? Slowly build outposts until there is nothing but outposts? What am I missing?
No books I can recommend, however on your second point, any prolonged ground war into Gaza is nearly suicidal, streets are too narrow for armour support, the casualties to try and go house to house to eliminate hamas would be way to high. Combined with the international condemnation if they did would only further hurt them.

Looking at a map of the area makes me thankful Canada has no enemies within 8,000 km.

It feels like the IDF is more casualty-averse than ever, and flattening the whole area is not really an option.

Demographics loom large in this area, it plays a major geopolitics role since 1948 and go back to the Roman occupation of Judea. Both side stretch the truth, the Palestinian more so than the Israelis. The difference being a Israeli can argue on behalf of the Palestinians without fear, whereas anyone living in Gaza and to a lesser extent West Bank showing any desire to negotiate in Gaza is considered a traitor by the nutbars, with predictable results.

Here is a few tidbits
Black September - Wikipedia

This one

Requires the posting of this, which also predicts the failures of the current PC culture:

Looking at a map of the area makes me thankful Canada has no enemies within 8,000 km.

It feels like the IDF is more casualty-averse than ever, and flattening the whole area is not really an option.
Also the IDF has turned to using semi-auto .22's to injury rioters in the leg, avoiding the calls for vengeance and condemnation for killing 16 year sacrificial lambs (as in kids).

Also welcome to pallywood

There was an old statement, apparently attributed to Israeli diplomat Abba Eben some 45 years ago, that the Palestinians, 'never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.' In analyzing the situation, one also has to remember that the neighbouring Arab states have long had a vested interest in keeping the Palestinians disenfranchised and angry. It was long a means for waging a war against Israel by proxy. Then, it was the Soviets, who saw a way to poke at the US through attacks on a staunch ally. While many states such as Egypt and Jordan have normalized relations, Iran has taken over the role of continuing the proxy war. Hamas needs to please their Iranian overlords to keep the money flowing. To do this, they must keep Gaza miserable. Consider the timing with the recent cyber attack on the Iranian nuclear site, and the promised threats of retaliation against Israel. Making matters worse for generations, the UN falls for it every time, and Western liberals wag their fingers in scorn.

Demographics loom large in this area, it plays a major geopolitics role since 1948 and go back to the Roman occupation of Judea. Both side stretch the truth, the Palestinian more so than the Israelis. The difference being a Israeli can argue on behalf of the Palestinians without fear, whereas anyone living in Gaza and to a lesser extent West Bank showing any desire to negotiate in Gaza is considered a traitor by the nutbars, with predictable results.
Who knew living under a terror group would lead to such results? Better to be a Palestinian living in Israel than an Israeli living in Palestine.
There was an old statement, apparently attributed to Israeli diplomat Abba Eben some 45 years ago, that the Palestinians, 'never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.' In analyzing the situation, one also has to remember that the neighbouring Arab states have long had a vested interest in keeping the Palestinians disenfranchised and angry. It was long a means for waging a war against Israel by proxy. Then, it was the Soviets, who saw a way to poke at the US through attacks on a staunch ally. While many states such as Egypt and Jordan have normalized relations, Iran has taken over the role of continuing the proxy war. Hamas needs to please their Iranian overlords to keep the money flowing. To do this, they must keep Gaza miserable. Consider the timing with the recent cyber attack on the Iranian nuclear site, and the promised threats of retaliation against Israel. Making matters worse for generations, the UN falls for it every time, and Western liberals wag their fingers in scorn.
The recent peace deal between Israel and the UAE sounds exactly like what you are describing. Arab states now have less of an interest of trying to fight with Israel, instead focusing on an anti-Iranian alliance. Why does the UN keep doing the most counterintuitive things ever?

Back