• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

28 Palestinians killed in Gaza as Israel hits Hamas with airstrikes; rockets kill 3 Israelis

I wouldn't call it an escalation per say given no ground offensive into Gaza has been launched. Just increased strikes onto hamas targets, including door knock strikes on command and control facilities hiding in apartment complexes

Seeing lots of videos of increased air strikes, perhaps this is a prelude to a ground invasion? I'm just speculating at this point though.

Seeing lots of videos of increased air strikes, perhaps this is a prelude to a ground invasion? I'm just speculating at this point though.
I've heard speculation that Isreal hasn't deployed a large enough force to the area to support an invasion at this point. But then again, we'll see what has happened by the time we wake up tommorrow.

The IDF can leak they are going in and see how Hamas reacts and listen in on their comms, then keep them on their toes for a couple of days and then strike.

I read elsewhere, this morning, that the "ground attack" was mainly a ruse to get the Hamas "fighters" to take refuge in tunnels (the locations of which are well known to the IDF) that were then attacked and destroyed.

I read elsewhere, this morning, that the "ground attack" was mainly a ruse to get the Hamas "fighters" to take refuge in tunnels (the locations of which are well known to the IDF) that were then attacked and destroyed.
Yeap and here's the result

Attachments

• IMG-20210514-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20210514-WA0015.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20210514-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20210514-WA0007.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 13
Like General Schwarzkopf using the media to make Saddam expect an amphibious invasion.

Pretty clever.

An interesting background snapshot on Hamas:

Who is Hamas? Who supports Hamas? What you need to know​

Hamas has controlled the Gaza Strip since 2007, repeatedly attacking Israel. It has a number of foreign allies. But where does the terror group get the money and supplies to do it?

The Gaza Strip is one of the most densely populated territories in the world. Its tightly controlled land borders with Israel and Egypt, along with its maritime border, have largely isolated its economy. Large parts of the population in Gaza live in dire poverty and depend on humanitarian support from abroad.

Hamas often fires rockets at Israel from within residential areas and operates command posts in apartment blocks. The practice effectively uses civilians as human shields. Hamas has been secretly digging underground tunnels to smuggle arms into the enclave, chiefly from Egypt. The Egyptian government, however, has been clamping down on this activity.

Back