• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

41 pounds less and counting :D

• Thread starter Deleted member 9665
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9665

Just wanted to tell that my training program is going well...

since the end of September, I lost 41 pounds and still trying to loose some.

Its incredible what is the impact of diet... I started to eat much less, and eat food which is more quality, and of course...the exercise....

The thing is...even if I see it in my clothing ... I don't feel the difference...is it because Ive live it gradually? or what?

well....ill keep you guys updated.

:)

Mysteriousmind,

Congrats on 41 pounds!  That's a lot of work, good job for sticking to it.  I know what it feels like in a sense - when I was prepping to join last year I lost 20 pounds and put on a fair amount of muscle (and in the process of getting even more fit - I'm still no where near where I need and want to be). 

Re:  not feeling the difference:
Its a confidence thing.  You're so used to being bigger that's how you still feel about yourself.  It'll probably just take time to get used to - you're still stuck in the old way of viewing yourself.  I can bet you do feel the difference (and it'll be a big one) during PT and see the difference when you look in the mirror.  Match up what you feel and see with how you think about yourself.  Keep on doing the right stuff for yourself and it'll come together.  ;)     

Congrats on losing the poundage!  :salute:

mysteriousmind said:
The thing is...even if I see it in my clothing ... I don't feel the difference...is it because Ive live it gradually? or what?
Muscle tissue is either the same weight or just a little bit heavier then fat (can't quite remember  ;D) but also a little bit smaller size wise, so it is not uncommon for someone to actually gain a little weight as you are getting fit.

Keep up the good work!

Disclamer: I am not a fitness expert, just telling you what i know from personal experience.

mysteriousmind said:

well....ill keep you guys updated.

I think I was unclear...and I do apologize...  I still feel as "fat" as 41 pounds heavier... yes my clothing is starting for some to be much more "slack" when I wear them...I cannot wear any pants now without a belt...I'm able to take them of without even untying them lol... but I'm still feeling the same way...

I do not regret the lost of wait...Au contraire, I'm happy to see that but the feeling does not say the same...well I guess it must be getting used to it like InfantryGrrl said

It's a life changing experience.I lost 65 lbs in the past year.My biggest tip don't get discouraged,don't get obsessed.You will have times where you'll gain 6 lbs one week and lose 10 the next.I didnt feel differnt either for the first while.But after you'll notice how good those knee's and lower back feel.I always blamed the pain on "tanker knee"...but in reality it was due to the massive ammounts of fat my tiny frame was carrying.Just remember it's your body,your reality you must live in.And only you decide how well you look after it.

Good job on the weight fat loss.

Congrats man. I maybe have lost 5-10 since October  ::) Oh well, better try a tad bit harder  ;D

Congrats on the weight loss!! That's awesome!!

I have been doing the diet and exercise thing and have found that I just feel better now. I do indulge in snacks at night(tortilla chips and salsa) and do eat the yummy stuff at the mess, but I make sure to drink lots of fluids(not just beer ;)).
Since August I have lost 62lbs and still have just a couple to go before I am happy with it.

Again, congrats and keep up the great work!

Keep up the good work, Springroll.

"and stay out of the TUDOR House"!!!

HFXCrow said:
Keep up the good work, Springroll.

Haven't stepped foot in there at all since getting here...almost did last night for wings though...lol

Congrats on the weight loss to all. I lost 40 pounds about 5 yrs ago and have managed to keep it off, although right now I could use to run more which I plan to start again this weekend on the - hope this is the right name - galloping goose trail.

HFXCrow said:

That's good advice, too bad nobody told me that earlier!

good god how did you do it. whats your weight now if u dont mind me asking. what was your weight before?

and congratz i wish i could do that. im in the process of trying to

Actually...sorry but since i started the thread...

it now 48 pounds less instead of the 41  :-\ sorry to have misled you  ^-^

what did I do??

1- change job were i work in security outside walking between 8-10 km per day worked
2- drink far more water then before
3- eat less
4- eat food of better quality
5- drop the sugar, the pops (even if it is really hard for me to do it)
6- go to the gym, 3-4 times a week
7- hummm well that is about what I did

For the weight...lets say I was pretty %?&*ing obese...now...im less obese but working to get to the term fat...and perhaps hoping to get to the term use to be....

I wish I could loose a total of a 100 pounds, but, if I loose a total of more or less 80-85 pounds ill petty happy

7 pounds in a couple weeks!
Good job,keep up the good work.Look forward to hearing from you again.

Mysteriousmind

Nice job - you should do what my wife did when she lost a lot of weight.  Buy some new clothes, you may still feel fat despite the great loss that you have experienced because you're still wearing the same clothes.  If you associate your old clothes as your "fat" clothes, then if you're still wearing them, then your mind says "I'm still wearing my fat clothes thus I must still be...".  I think the emperor (being you) deserves a new suit! Once again congratulations on the hard word and your awesome success!

mysteriousmind said:
it now 48 pounds less instead of the 41  :-\ sorry to have misled you  ^-^

Félicitations :)!

Any suggestions as how to keep going to the gym ?

Buy yourself a 150 $ pair of jeans in your small current size and then guilt yourself if you cannot fit in them.

I honestly do this as I hate wasting $$ on stuff just hangin in my closet. It keeps me in check.

Crow

Congrats! Keep up the good work. For myself, I don't know what I would do without the gym. It's definately a place that I can go, and with working and being in school right now a good workout does definately help me to focus. From working out, I even notice a difference even when I get a virus. When I got hit with a cold this season, it only lasted a couple of days. Not like before, where I would be knocked down from it for at least 4 days. And it did feel nice, to go and try on jeans recently and find that the size I would have gotten last year was a bit too big for me  ;D I started bringing my own drinks to work with me also, because the Pop machine was too convenient/tempting, though we do have a Spring Water cooler at work that I've been trying to take advantage of more often also.

I try to do substitutions ie: oil and vinegar dressings instead of cream ones, adding different things to salads to make them more interesting, ie: sunflower seeds and chinese noodles. And as for fruit I really love those clementine oranges, they are good to grab and keep with you when you are on the go. I do have one weakness, and that sweet tooth of mine does get me from time to time but no sence in depriving yourself to the occational treat.

~Rebecca~

I got a personal trainer. I was going to the gym all the time but not seeing results so it was hard to keep going. So i spent the money (They are really not that expensive and most gym's probably have plans you can get on) and I have no regrets. We work together twice a week and she has really shown me what my body is capable of (Who knew I had triceps? ha! ha!). She shows me tons of new things I can use for the nights we don't work together and I can go to her with questions about anything. The best part though is that she doesn't let me give up ,it's always  "You can do two more" or "If you stop now you're doing the whole set over".

How much on average is a personal trainer? I know that varies but maybe tell me this, if you've had a personal trainer how much did it cost you?

Back