• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

5 year Cadet medals

• Thread starter Thread starter Chief03
  • Start date Start date
I am curious how would the the the people running the Cadet League view this test ?

For the record sgtatarms has not represented himself as a Sergeant. Neither his statements nor his profile, nor his appearance in the Cadet League internet site claim that he has any rank at all. Although he has been referred to as "SGT" in some of the posts of this thread, he is not an NCO, given the available evidence.

So unless he comes forth with a specific claim, please do not refer to him as a Sergeant.

Thank you.

Mr Wilson, I look forward to reading your explanations for your actions as well as your attitude and approach. As an official of the Cadet League, I might have expected you to present a better personal example for the Cadets who do participate in the forum. Please try to contain your hostility toward the forum members, we are all guests here enjoying the generosity fo the Site's owner.

Thank you.

I spent 8 years with the corps as a cadet when i retired  as a cadet LT, 2 years as a CI so now were talking about 10 years military training through the corp,not to mention a year and a half with the E&K Scottish Regiment witch if you rap it all up makes that 11 1/2 years of military training.

Sooo...only half a year shy of your CD, eh?

I wasn't offened, just pissed off.

I don't frequent this cadet forum much anymore anyways... being that I'm in the Reserves, there is more important things to worry about than cadets.
11 and a half years of military service eh... I see 1.5 years of actual military service.

I could say I have 5 years and 6months of military service, but 5 years wouldnt count because of cadets. The 6 months I already have will though. Don't count cadet service as military service, "Mr. Army Cadet League."

Alright sgtatarms, you have a working theory that the schoolyard behaviour of young teens extends to the internet and that it may have an impact on personal interaction with Cadet Corps. Hardly a significant leap in behavioural theory, merely the recognition of the saturation of the internet in the lives of many of our youth. I still fail to understand how your participation in this particular forum thread helps to confirm or refute that hypothesis, or could lead to any recommendation you might make to Corps' COs, other then simply informing them that their cadets interact online as well as in real life outseide the Corps parade area.

I am, however, curious to know how many other military related forums you have conducted versions of your test in. (No need to name them.)

Perhaps the reasons for falling numerical participation has little to do with adolescent conduct which has not fundamentally changed simply because of the advent of the interent and its forums. Perhaps it has more to do with the ongoing separation of society from an appreciation for military related activities and organizations, and the failure of some organizations to promote themselves effectively to an intelligent youth.

I do believe that sections of this thread are indeed harassment, borderlining on abuse due to the apparent authority position held by a certain member. My suggestion to all, is to let this thread die, before it gets out of hand. We don't need any formal channels being used over a relatively small incident. We all know how the UHRA's would view this.

Well said piper, although I'm in the system for 2 more months before I'm done, big deal. This is just another something for me to have at my marching-out.

Harassment? You've got to be kidding right?

Back