• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

Anyway folks, grab the popcorn, sit back
and watch the surreal events unfolding in Washington.

My God, I support the Trump protestors but not the violence.

No one can blame the protestors though - they know the vote has been stolen.

To sum up, when Trump won (so many moons ago), half the country (Libs) claimed trump was an illegitimate president.

Now it Joe's turn - half the country will view him as illegitimate.

Fun times, eh

Thanks China
đź‘Ž
đź‘Ž

A protest
I would agree that its a protest. No obvious weapons, people by in large are not destroying the place, but its a protest that is interfering with the business of government. A very bad look.

Exactly what did trump do that would be sedition?
Sedition - conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

See his bottom tweet, (and the inflammatory words courage, protect, fraudulent, truth) and the rhetoric that he has employed since Nov. I was a Trump supporter, what he, his son, and Rudy Guiliani have said today is reprehensible.

1609969708297.png

Sedition - conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.
C'mon, it's not as if he led the crowd to the Capitol ...

Meanwhile, this from the National Association of Manufacturers ....
“Armed violent protestors who support the baseless claim by outgoing president Trump that he somehow won an election that he overwhelmingly lost have stormed the U.S. Capitol today, attacking police officers and first responders, because Trump refused to accept defeat in a free and fair election. Throughout this whole disgusting episode, Trump has been cheered on by members of his own party, adding fuel to the distrust that has enflamed violent anger. This is not law and order. This is chaos. It is mob rule. It is dangerous. This is sedition and should be treated as such. The outgoing president incited violence in an attempt to retain power, and any elected leader defending him is violating their oath to the Constitution and rejecting democracy in favor of anarchy. Anyone indulging conspiracy theories to raise campaign dollars is complicit. Vice President Pence, who was evacuated from the Capitol, should seriously consider working with the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to preserve democracy ...

See his bottom tweet, (and the inflammatory words courage, protect, fraudulent, truth) and the rhetoric that he has employed since Nov. I was a Trump supporter, what he, his son, and Rudy Guiliani have said today is reprehensible.

View attachment 64294
Weinie, usually I agree with your positions but not this one.

This from NJ's DHS from 13 November:
Domestic extremists have continued to push divisive rhetoric, incite calls for violence, and attempt to mobilize supporters through protests or demonstrations following the Presidential election. Until election results are formally certified, uncertainties surrounding the electoral process will fuel conspiracies and motivate violent action from far-left and far-right extremist groups. Extremists will capitalize on election civil unrest to heighten their visibility and promote polarization among the American public ...
More details at the link.
Copy antifa
Any links to events involving antifa storming government buildings to disrupt operations to be copied?

This from NJ's DHS from 13 November:
Domestic extremists have continued to push divisive rhetoric, incite calls for violence, and attempt to mobilize supporters through protests or demonstrations following the Presidential election. Until election results are formally certified, uncertainties surrounding the electoral process will fuel conspiracies and motivate violent action from far-left and far-right extremist groups. Extremists will capitalize on election civil unrest to heighten their visibility and promote polarization among the American public ...
More details at the link.
Any links to events involving antifa storming government buildings to disrupt operations to be copied?
So just a thought.

If a disorganized mob could storm into the capital building during a joint session of congress, what could a organized group do?

Answer: Copy antifa tactics

Weinie, usually I agree with your positions but not this one.
And I have usually supported you in your scorn for Trump detractors and criticism.. I cannot any longer. This is a dark day in the U.S. and indeed in the world. It has been fomented by a sore-loser incumbent that has been pushed to the brink by four years of attacks. It does not allow this course of action, or excuse it. The U.S. is bigger than Donald Trump. He doesn't seem to get that.

Pence defies Trump, says he can't object to Electoral College results​

A protest
No. A protest does not force its way and disrupt the lawful business of elected officials. It’s an insurrection. Plain and simple. They stopped the confirmation process because they didn’t get the result they wanted.

Definition of insurrection

: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

it started as a protest. It became an insurrection when they broke in and took over the floor and stopped the confirmation.

No. A protest does not force its way and disrupt the lawful business of elected officials. It’s an insurrection. Plain and simple. They stopped the confirmation process because they didn’t get the result they wanted.

: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

it started as a protest. It became an insurrection when they broke in and took over the floor and stopped the confirmation.
reimus - I was being facetious.

If you think back during that “annus horribilis of 2020” - no wait - they are protesting the stolen election.

Law enforcement will enforce and charge the "insurrectionists"

you mean like evicting cops from their own precinct, shitting all over it, and preventing first responders from doing their jobs? I wonder how their sedition trials are going?

Back