• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Florida man says 'Hold my peppermint oil!'

Skinny-dipping Florida man covered in grease, blood and peppermint oil arrested for burglary​

This Florida man tried to give cops the slip, literally.

A naked burglar covered in wheel-bearing grease, peppermint oil and his own blood was caught jumping in a stranger’s pool and on their trampoline in the middle of the night Friday.

Blake Tokman, 34, was likely under the influence of unknown substances as he carried out his wet and wild, middle-of-the-night shenanigans, Volusia County Sheriffs said.

Dramatic body camera footage shows the naked man taking off and jumping into an in-ground pool of a DeBary, Florida home when deputies arrived for a burglary in progress call around 2 a.m.

“I got one running going westbound behind the fence, he’s naked,” the officer can be heard saying.

Tokman leaped out of the pool and plopped face-first onto the trampoline as the cop charged toward him.

The man, lying in a starfish position, appeared unconcerned when the deputy threatened to Tase him.

It took multiple officers to handcuff the nude man, who was bleeding heavily from his head and repeatedly shouted “What’s your name?” each time they ordered him to stop resisting.

“Be careful, he’s slippery,” one of the officers said. “What’s all over you, man? … It smells like toothpaste … I don’t want to see what’s on me.

The homeowner came outside to tell officers he did not recognize the bleeding skinny dipper.

“A lifeguard is what I am!” Tokman replied.

“You’re lucky you’re not dead, homie,” the homeowner quipped.

Florida man says 'Hold my peppermint oil!'

Skinny-dipping Florida man covered in grease, blood and peppermint oil arrested for burglary​

This Florida man tried to give cops the slip, literally.

A naked burglar covered in wheel-bearing grease, peppermint oil and his own blood was caught jumping in a stranger’s pool and on their trampoline in the middle of the night Friday.

Blake Tokman, 34, was likely under the influence of unknown substances as he carried out his wet and wild, middle-of-the-night shenanigans, Volusia County Sheriffs said.

Dramatic body camera footage shows the naked man taking off and jumping into an in-ground pool of a DeBary, Florida home when deputies arrived for a burglary in progress call around 2 a.m.

“I got one running going westbound behind the fence, he’s naked,” the officer can be heard saying.

Tokman leaped out of the pool and plopped face-first onto the trampoline as the cop charged toward him.

The man, lying in a starfish position, appeared unconcerned when the deputy threatened to Tase him.

It took multiple officers to handcuff the nude man, who was bleeding heavily from his head and repeatedly shouted “What’s your name?” each time they ordered him to stop resisting.

“Be careful, he’s slippery,” one of the officers said. “What’s all over you, man? … It smells like toothpaste … I don’t want to see what’s on me.

The homeowner came outside to tell officers he did not recognize the bleeding skinny dipper.

“A lifeguard is what I am!” Tokman replied.

“You’re lucky you’re not dead, homie,” the homeowner quipped.

Florida . . . Just another average day..

You have proof of influence buying? I mean if it's so blatant you must have some pretty compelling evidence. An unknown faceless judge making comment is hearsay. Thomas has been personal friends with the guy for decades. There was nothing secret about it. Don't try make a conflagration out of some cigar smoke. The democrats want his seat and have been playing gotcha with him since Biden took over.
From CNN:

Justice Clarence Thomas failed to disclose 2014 real estate deal with GOP megadonor, ProPublica report finds​

Devan Cole
By Devan Cole, CNN
Updated 5:38 PM EDT, Thu April 13, 2023

CNN —
Justice Clarence Thomas failed to disclose a 2014 real estate deal he made with a GOP megadonor, according to a ProPublica report published Thursday.
The deal involved the sale of three properties in Savannah, Georgia, that were owned by Thomas and his relatives to the megadonor, Harlan Crow, according to ProPublica, which said that tax and property records showed that Crow made the purchases through one of his companies for a total of $133,363.
But Thomas “never disclosed his sale of the Savannah properties,” the report said, noting that ethics law experts told the outlet that his failure to report it “appears to be a violation of the law.”
“The transaction marks the first known instance of money flowing from the Republican megadonor to the Supreme Court justice,” ProPublica said in its report.

Thursday’s report comes on the heels of a bombshell investigation published last week by ProPublica that detailed Thomas and his wife’s luxury travel with the Crows, which included trips on the donor’s yacht and private jet. The justice also did not disclose that travel, and he later defended the decision not to, saying in a rare statement last week that he was advised at the time that he did not have to report it.
CNN has reached out for comment from the Supreme Court and Thomas.
Crow said in a statement to CNN that he purchased the properties to “one day create a public museum at the Thomas home dedicated to telling the story of our nation’s second black Supreme Court Justice.”
He added that he made the purchases at “market rate based on many factors including the size, quality, and livability of the dwellings.”
Though two of the properties were later sold by Crow, according to his statement, the real estate magnate still owns the property on which Thomas’ elderly mother lives. Citing county tax records, ProPublica said one of Crow’s companies pays the “roughly $1,500 in annual property taxes on Thomas’ mother’s house,” which had previously been paid by the justice and his wife, Ginni.
Experts told ProPublica that Thomas’ failure to disclose the 2014 deal raises more questions about his relationship with Crow.
“He needed to report his interest in the sale,” Virginia Canter, a former government ethics lawyer who now works for Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), told the outlet. “Given the role Crow has played in subsidizing the lifestyle of Thomas and his wife, you have to wonder if this was an effort to put cash in their pockets.”
The report will likely lead to fresh calls for an investigation into the relationship. Following last week’s report, congressional Democrats called for a probe into the matter and for a stronger ethics code for the justices, and some federal judges also spoke out.
Earlier this week, the Senate Judiciary Committee announced it plans to hold a hearing “on the need to restore confidence in the Supreme Court’s ethical standards,” and at least one watchdog group has urged lawmakers to call Thomas as a witness in the upcoming hearing.
This story has been updated with additional details Thursday.
As a Canadian I've got no horse in this race and frankly think both the Republicans and Democrats have some very scary elements. I do however believe that public officials and especially those involved in the justice system should be held to a very high standard of ethics as the public relies on them to fairly and equally apply the law.

It's important therefore to call out ethical breaches by officials whatever their place on the political spectrum. And yes, while there may be no proof that the lack of disclosure in this case was intentional vice unintentional and there is no direct evidence that Justice Thomas has favoured the GOP in his rulings as a direct result of the monetary benefits he has received from GOP donors, he has certainly put himself in a position where there is certainly at least the appearance that he may not be impartial.

The further up the ladder you go in my opinion the more important the appearance of impartiality is as important as proof of impartiality. It goes directly to the perception of the legitimacy of the system by the public.

As a prominent black republican, they are going to go after Thomas with everything they have.

Anyone interested in a deep dive may, or may not, find this of interest,

Democrats have been angling to oust Thomas since he was up for confirmation. From time-to-time, those efforts surge. Such a surge is in progress. I've noticed. Political observers have noticed, too, so it's not a figment of imagination. All stories about Thomas have to be consumed while understanding that there is an ongoing information war against him. The first question to be asked (as a general rule, really) is some variation of "compared to what/who"?

Democrats have been angling to oust Thomas since he was up for confirmation. From time-to-time, those efforts surge. Such a surge is in progress. I've noticed. Political observers have noticed, too, so it's not a figment of imagination. All stories about Thomas have to be consumed while understanding that there is an ongoing information war against him. The first question to be asked (as a general rule, really) is some variation of "compared to what/who"?
Are ethics relative? So as long as you're not the worst offender then you get a pass?

You may be 100% correct that Democrats have been angling to oust Thomas, but that has nothing to do with any potential ethical breaches by Thomas himself (other than providing ammunition to the Democrats).

Either ethical breaches took place or they didn't. That applies equally to PM Trudeau and his acolytes as it does for Justice Thomas or Donald Trump and his acolytes.

Are ethics relative? So as long as you're not the worst offender then you get a pass?

You may be 100% correct that Democrats have been angling to oust Thomas, but that has nothing to do with any potential ethical breaches by Thomas himself (other than providing ammunition to the Democrats).

Either ethical breaches took place or they didn't. That applies equally to PM Trudeau and his acolytes as it does for Justice Thomas or Donald Trump and his acolytes.

Have you not noticed that one side looks a lot harder than the other side? You did note this...:

"It's important therefore to call out ethical breaches by officials whatever their place on the political spectrum. And yes, while there may be no proof that the lack of disclosure in this case was intentional vice unintentional and there is no direct evidence that Justice Thomas has favoured the GOP in his rulings as a direct result of the monetary benefits he has received from GOP donors..."

Have you not noticed that one side looks a lot harder than the other side? You did note this...:

"It's important therefore to call out ethical breaches by officials whatever their place on the political spectrum. And yes, while there may be no proof that the lack of disclosure in this case was intentional vice unintentional and there is no direct evidence that Justice Thomas has favoured the GOP in his rulings as a direct result of the monetary benefits he has received from GOP donors..."
I did indeed note the highlighted portion. I also noted the portion of my quote that you chose to omit:
...he has certainly put himself in a position where there is certainly at least the appearance that he may not be impartial.

The further up the ladder you go in my opinion the more important the appearance of impartiality is as important as proof of impartiality. It goes directly to the perception of the legitimacy of the system by the public.

Which comes back to Brad's point: "The first question to be asked (as a general rule, really) is some variation of "compared to what/who"?"

My point is there are far more egregious activities that are being ignored. If one were to tackle each unethical/scandalous activity in order from shocking to mundane, my guess is the Democrats in the US and the LPC in Canada would see a wholesale house cleaning before their chief opposition.

Wow, coming out on the side of someone facing potentially 300 charges for espionage against the US is a strange new take, even for that particular lunatic.

At what point do they cut bait and get her off the oversight committees and other places where she has access to intelligence?

Back