• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Special Counsel Jack Smith has just filed a new superseding indictment against Donald Trump in the District of Columbia federal criminal prosecution around Jan 6th and the transition of power. This new indictment replaces the old one, lays the same charges, and was approved by a new Grand Jury based on a more limited set of evidence responsive to the SCOTUS “official acts” immunity ruling. This new indictment will allow that prosecution to resume with greater confidence that it will withstand challenges based on presidential official acts immunity.

And news cycle changed again lol
Not really, it’s the same charges, but the prosecution is on the ball in proofing the underlying indictment from challenge by seeking it afresh with a new grand jury. I don’t see much happening with this until into 2025.

Also, just yesterday prosecutors have filed an appeal with the 11th Circuit against the dismissal of the classified documents prosecution on the grounds that the special counsel was unlawfully appointed. Judge Cannon’s decision to dismiss on those grounds doesn’t have a hope of standing on appeal.

Not really, it’s the same charges, but the prosecution is on the ball in proofing the underlying indictment from challenge by seeking it afresh with a new grand jury. I don’t see much happening with this until into 2025.

Also, just yesterday prosecutors have filed an appeal with the 11th Circuit against the dismissal of the classified documents prosecution on the grounds that the special counsel was unlawfully appointed. Judge Cannon’s decision to dismiss on those grounds doesn’t have a hope of standing on appeal.
I meant that whatever was in the news today has now changed to this.

Interesting starting statement by Ambassador Cohen:
U.S. Ambassador to Canada David Cohen says Canadians are consuming too much American news, which he believes is “unhealthy” because of American legacy media’s polarizing and partisan nature.

He added that it’s come at the expense of Canadians consuming news about their own country’s politics.

Luckily the Federal government devised a plan to ensure Canadians had greater access to a myriad of Canadian news outlets, to get their information from…

Interesting starting statement by Ambassador Cohen:

Luckily the Federal government devised a plan to ensure Canadians had greater access to a myriad of Canadian news outlets, to get their information from…
I did not know you were a comedian as well - damn you are talented. ;)

Back