• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

In other Trump court news :

Stormy Daniels ordered to pay Trump team another $120,000 in legal fees​

Pay Up Three thousand miles away from his New York legal drama, Donald Trump secured a substantial victory in another court.
The 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals sided with the former president in his effort to recoup additional legal fees from adult film star Stormy Daniels, who had filed and lost a defamation suit against him.
Daniels was ordered to pay Trump’s attorneys just over $120,000 in legal fees. That’s on top of the more than $500,000 in court-ordered payments to Trump attorneys she’s already been ordered to pay.

I have the statement of facts here. I can't seem to find a specific statute that refers to the other crime committed in the alleged illegal entries in business records. When Bragg held a news conference yesterday he answered a question from a reporter who asked why the "bigger crime" wasn't in the indictment. He said by law it doesn't have to be in there. Seems in a case such as this they would have everything clear and transparent.
Statement Of Facts

In other Trump court news :

Stormy Daniels ordered to pay Trump team another $120,000 in legal fees​

Pay Up Three thousand miles away from his New York legal drama, Donald Trump secured a substantial victory in another court.
Yup, and that’s fair game- she alleged defamation and lost. But it’s not at all pertinent to the facts in the Manhattan prosecution. Trump has been a party in literally thousands of lawsuits, this is just another one. The criminal matter is completely distinct.

I have the statement of facts here. I can't seem to find a specific statute that refers to the other crime committed in the alleged illegal entries in business records. When Bragg held a news conference yesterday he answered a question from a reporter who asked why the "bigger crime" wasn't in the indictment. He said by law it doesn't have to be in there. Seems in a case such as this they would have everything clear and transparent.
Statement Of Facts

That could potentially see the felonies dropped to a misdemeanour on conviction, or Bragg could allege and argue the other offense(s) simply as an ‘in furtherance of’, or there could also potentially be a superseding indictment later that adds other state charges. Bragg is the DA in that jurisdiction, he likely (hopefully) has a better grasp of New York state criminal law than you or I.

That could potentially see the felonies dropped to a misdemeanour on conviction, or Bragg could allege and argue the other offense(s) simply as an ‘in furtherance of’, or there could also potentially be a superseding indictment later that adds other state charges. Bragg is the DA in that jurisdiction, he likely (hopefully) has a better grasp of New York state criminal law than you or I.
I agree he knows the law better than either of us, when it comes to New York law we are both just "hobbyists". But for everyone's sake hopefully he gets this right and doesn't so too much damage to the office of DA.

Don't overlook the possibility that your knowledge << Bragg's knowledge << every other US lawyer's knowledge.

Don't overlook the possibility that your knowledge << Bragg's knowledge << every other US lawyer's knowledge.
He is elected to his position and we all know being duly elected is no indication of competence. The election is the job interview.

All I know is what actually came about isn't the slam dunk the Dems were looking for.

And if this gets acquitted or thrown or what ever going in Trumps favor, Trump will probably be unstoppable.

And then you had better watch out as every Dem official who so much as jay walked is gonna have target on their backs.

He is elected to his position and we all know being duly elected is no indication of competence.
Indeed, though like any major prosecution, he’ll be heading up a team of investigators and prosecutors. He’s far from a one-man show. It’s absolutely possible that this file goes either way. However, I would not pin hopes on total prosecutorial incompetence.

All I know is what actually came about isn't the slam dunk the Dems were looking for.
That would be an indication that this might not be as political as some think.
And if this gets acquitted or thrown or what ever going in Trumps favor, Trump will probably be unstoppable.
Possibly. There are signs that his standing in the GOP and with the persuadable middle is not rising as a result of this. His base though and his supporters though are definitely more motivated and his fundraising certainly indicates that. And acquitted or found guilty it won’t matter, the end result will be to his benefit as far as this case goes.
And then you had better watch out as every Dem official who so much as jay walked is gonna have target on their backs.
Possible. But so far I have yet to see the promised impeachment of Biden, locking up of Clinton (promised way back in 2016) etc. I suppose it is early still but we’ll see. It would not shock me though.

Indeed, though like any major prosecution, he’ll be heading up a team of investigators and prosecutors. He’s far from a one-man show. It’s absolutely possible that this file goes either way. However, I would not pin hopes on total prosecutorial incompetence.
A raft of staff jumped ship when Bragg took over. You can be fairly sure he replaced them with people to his liking. As for hopes, it makes no difference to me, if a crime is committed there should be consequences. Of course it has to be done right with proper procedures.
“It certainly will create a lot of brain drain in the place. These are not small-time players in the office,” said defense attorney Mark Bederow, a former prosecutor in the office.
Story Link

That would be an indication that this might not be as political as some think.

Possibly. There are signs that his standing in the GOP and with the persuadable middle is not rising as a result of this. His base though and his supporters though are definitely more motivated and his fundraising certainly indicates that. And acquitted or found guilty it won’t matter, the end result will be to his benefit as far as this case goes.

Possible. But so far I have yet to see the promised impeachment of Biden, locking up of Clinton (promised way back in 2016) etc. I suppose it is early still but we’ll see. It would not shock me though.
At the end of the day the Indictment was handed down by a jury of 22 people.
One can argue that it started as Political, but there was enough evidence to get a quorum of those people to agree that was the likelihood of 38 crimes committed by DJT

Trump could be unstoppable in his race to secure the Republican nomination but I think more Americans (even more so than last time) feel he’s too toxic. But if, and that’s a big IF, he did get elected president, he would get revenge that would probably be unprecedented in American history. I know some here will take issue with this but the man is sick in the head, unstable and extremely dangerous despite giving those who would vote for him some of the things they want. If he gets in, you can kiss Ukraine goodbye and quite possibly NATO as well.

Back