• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A "Why" Dress Thread split from OCdt Speaks at Freedom Rally

That won't work for flying clothing. Sometimes you need it quick, and the mbr needs to be able to walk into clothing stores and walk about with flying gear in hand.

Maybe this would be ok for 2 CAD, but I don't see it working for 1 CAD, or at least not all Wings/Sqns.
That sounds like the emergency caveat... imagine how short that line would be if all the routine clothing stuff is online and you could be in and out in 10 mins if your flight suit rips when you're getting ready for a flight?

This is the solution to most of our next to skin or uniform issues. Put it on Logistik. Clothing Stores should only be for emergencies, field equipment and deployments. If there's a CTAT issue for flight suits/NCDs/CADPAT then ship it to the member's work address instead of their house for those items.
DND is working on that with a new Operational Clothing & Footwear (OCFC2) contract out: Operational Clothing & Footwear (OCFC2) (W8486-206245/A) - Buyandsell.gc.ca

Even stupider, those of us who wear LPO boots HAD to get safety toe ones because the Div said so.
Nowhere in the msgs did it say it had to be brought to theatre :sneaky:

Someone I know may or may not have returned them after deployment, in their original boxes, without even trying them on.

Our ALSE shops don't hold flight suits etc....that is what clothing stores is for.
Our ALSE shop always has spare flight suits.

Also, you should have three flight suits so if you need one changed, you should have two more to get your through until you have your third one again.

DND is working on that with a new Operational Clothing & Footwear (OCFC2) contract out: Operational Clothing & Footwear (OCFC2) (W8486-206245/A) - Buyandsell.gc.ca
So, are the fighter folks going to start wearing Canadian flight suits again?

shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

hat sounds like the emergency caveat... imagine how short that line would be if all the routine clothing stuff is online and you could be in and out in 10 mins if your flight suit rips when you're getting ready for a flight?

Not so much an 'emergency caveat' as bona fide operational requirements, for some people. LRP line sqn crews are entitled to 4 flight suits, and they need them on hands at all times, and not just the crew holding High Ready posture. It's not impossible to get a phone call while holding Ready 12 on a long weekend, and be packing your bags for a month long Det leaving in short order.

This is the solution to most of our next to skin or uniform issues. Put it on Logistik. Clothing Stores should only be for emergencies, field equipment and deployments. If there's a CTAT issue for flight suits/NCDs/CADPAT then ship it to the member's work address instead of their house for those items.
If only they would put t-shirts and underwear on there. Does anyone else's clothing store require a one-for-one exchange for those items?

Our ALSE shop always has spare flight suits.

Also, you should have three flight suits so if you need one changed, you should have two more to get your through until you have your third one again.

4 is our entitlement, and in a situation where you're only doing local flying and LRPFs, what you say above does and would work.

But, LRP goes out the door very quickly sometimes. The situation I mentioned in my reply to PC above isn't fictional, it was my crew on Labour Day Weekend a few years ago.

On that Det, we were flying nights, sometimes back-to-backs, and the only viable laundry solution was to drop a bag off at a local place, and pick it up a few days later. Working outside in the rain building/loading belly loads, uploading internal loads, and then putting patterns into the water can make a flight suit a "one mission deal". 2 flight suits aren't going to last too long, especially on Dets like CARIBBE.

Someone I know may or may not have returned them after deployment, in their original boxes, without even trying them on.
Mine were ok, by luck. Reeboks, and actually fit with my orthotics...but it was by luck and not design. My Skipper actually picked them up from Clothing for me the day before we left on R-0, and I tried them on the day we left. Luckily...they fit.

There's a whole other pre-story about us telling Clothing Stores "we need to start these LPOs for crew members who need them" as early in the process as we could, and them telling us they were going to do nothing until we had our CFPTPOs cut...and some swearing and stuff when, later, we were told "there is not enough time to get LPO boots"....

If only they would put t-shirts and underwear on there. Does anyone else's clothing store require a one-for-one exchange for those items?
At first yes, then they said to just bring in the tag. But then after a while realizing how dumb this was they just looked when you were issued your last sets.

At first yes, then they said to just bring in the tag. But then after a while realizing how dumb this was they just looked when you were issued your last sets.

I didn't even know 1 for 1 on next to skin was still 'a thing'. the entitlement is "annual", at least in the RCAF/1 CAD. I have a reminder in my Outlook calendar each year to remind me to 'get them' and get my socks from Logistik. I rarely draw new sets of heavy weight long johns and "as needed" replacements on lightweight ones (base layer for flying)...never have an issue with those, either.

I didn't even know 1 for 1 on next to skin was still 'a thing'. the entitlement is "annual", at least in the RCAF/1 CAD. I have a reminder in my Outlook calendar each year to remind me to 'get them' and get my socks from Logistik. I rarely draw new sets of heavy weight long johns and "as needed" replacements on lightweight ones (base layer for flying)...never have an issue with those, either.
I think that it is a specific clothing stores that has this policy. I haven't tried recently. They aren't particular close to wear I live and even though they serve about 90%+ reservists, they are only open during the day when someone with a full time job can't go in, unless they are going to skip a parade night to go in for the only night they are open. Not to mention times that I have shown up and they are doing inventory for a week or two at a time.

I think that it is a specific clothing stores that has this policy. I haven't tried recently. They aren't particular close to wear I live and even though they serve about 90%+ reservists, they are only open during the day when someone with a full time job can't go in, unless they are going to skip a parade night to go in for the only night they are open. Not to mention times that I have shown up and they are doing inventory for a week or two at a time.
This is one of the reasons that DND is trying to get an online operational clothing contract. Plus it is silly that rights now I can get socks online but not T-shirts or underwear.

Back