• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A "Why" Dress Thread split from OCdt Speaks at Freedom Rally

I've seen a bunch of people wear them with combats in the winter, not authorized, but it happens. Then again I have also seen it worn with a bathing suit and a bath robe in the middle of summer.

Cousin Eddie.

Cousin Eddie.jpg

We all know, if you are only on TD to Yellowknife, it's not as cold as it is for people posted there..."posted" -35 = "TD +5.

You know why there are seemingly ridiculous rules, like "there is no way someone would do that"...?

I am told that it is specifically listed that you cannot have a forge at a RHU/PMQ. You just gotta know that at one time, somewhere . . .

I am told that it is specifically listed that you cannot have a forge at a RHU/PMQ. You just gotta know that at one time, somewhere . . .
Bringing it back to "why" and dress regs:

Funny enough though, there is nowhere that the Dress Instructions that say a shirt (DEU or otherwise) has to be worn tucked in :sneaky:

I'm honestly not sure why someone hasn't challenged that yet.

Funny enough though, there is nowhere that the Dress Instructions that say a shirt (DEU or otherwise) has to be worn tucked in :sneaky:

Right now, a Cpl somewhere who just read your post is saying 'hold my beer".

Same personality... different Mess.
Idris Elba Reaction GIF

That's why they have pictures in the relevant chapters.

Is there anything that states "hands shall not be in pockets"? :LOL:

Yes.

Behaviour. Personnel in uniform shall comport themselves in a manner which projects a positive military appearance. Behaviour such as chewing gum, slouching, placing hands in pockets, smoking or eating on the street and walking hand in hand, is forbidden. This instruction’s objective is to project an image of a disciplined and self-controlled force.

Is...is that a Private in the pic I linked to above? Wait...no...it's.....omg. An Officer, not setting a positive example!!

Smoking in uniform is prohibited....why are there smoke pits all over bases then?

IF the CAF isn't going to actually enforce these rules...drop them ffs.

Not very professional in what looks to be a promotion.

Is...is that a Private in the pic I linked to above? Wait...no...it's.....omg. An Officer, not setting a positive example!!

Smoking in uniform is prohibited....why are there smoke pits all over bases then?

IF the CAF isn't going to actually enforce these rules...drop them ffs.
More likely a wannabe pilot, who wanted to not talk with his hands. :p

Full disclosure: I, as both an NCM and an Officer, stuck my hands in my pockets.

Full disclosure: I, as both an NCM, and an Officer, smoked.

Full disclosure: I, as both an NCM, and an Officer, chewed gum.

Fire mission, my grid, over.

More likely a wannabe pilot, who wanted to not talk with his hands. :p

Full disclosure: I, as both an NCM and an Officer, stuck my hands in my pockets.

Full disclosure: I, as both an NCM, and an Officer, smoked.

Full disclosure: I, as both an NCM, and an Officer, chewed gum.

Fire mission, my grid, over.

TL;DR: you were never a member of The RCR.

Back