• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice about my first posting. [Merged]

Well thanks for all the input, I will find out in a few weeks and come back and share my experience.  :salute: I will also get a clear answer on what kind of a posting it is...

Either way, she is moving, only difference would be if I sell my place and get costs covered or rent it out during my ql3....

I want to stay on West Coast after my QL3, most of the people going into my trade here are hoping East, so hopefully everything will work out and I will be in Esquimalt for a while, that might be another way to request a posting that allows me to move at cost to CF later down the road....

:salute:

I was posted for 10 months from Kingston to Winnipeg (Full Posting) and offered a posting for my BFT, which was supposed to last 7 months.

Eye In The Sky said:
Well, then I stand corrected.  8)

Don`t be so quick to stand corrected. I was also "posted" here to the ATL for 10 months - BUT Restricted, move of D, HG & E restricted IAW QR&O blah blah blah. Reason given? Course is lasting less than 365.

All we are saying is give peace a chance that there are different types of postings, each dependent on time, situation, reason, etc.

I have another question and hopefully this time it can be answered easily :)

It looks like move might be paid by CF or not, I will find out in a month or so and let you all know.

If I sell my house while I am on BMQ and if my posting is not restricted (they would pay for the move) could I get my costs reimbursed or do I have to sell it after my message and talking to Brookfield Relation Services?

I have an offer waiting right now but I dont wanna throw away thousands of dollars in commission etc. because I did not wait 4 weeks.... If they decide not to pay for the move, I am ready to pay the commission etc. out of my pocket...

I'd say that is one for your IRP rep. 

Now, having said that...I have a friend who was on a restricted posting, sold his house during that, and later had his legal fees, etc that is covered by the IRP reimbursed almost 9 months later.  That was back in the fall of '06 (house sale date) and winter of '07 (reimbursement date of funds) so it was several years ago.  Check for CURRENT info from the IRP folks, or in the FY 2010 IRP booklet (it wasn't out yet when I looked last week).

EITS, I don't think the IRP Manual changed from last year.  I get the 2009 version on their website.

I'm not sure if this quote helps:

8.1.03 Time limitations

CF members may claim benefits in this chapter provided that the closing date of residence sold or purchased is no more than one year before or two years after the:

- change of strength (COS) date; or
- the date of the shipment of HG&E to the new place of duty

whichever is later.

Just had a chat with the clerk, thei comment was that of the PAT and course will take more than 9 months, move will be granted, again, depends on my next unit :) more to follow...

Ok Here is the official word from CFFS Esquimalt. This only applies to CFFS Esquimalt.

Once you have 6 months in Canadian Forces and completed a week long NIP Course you are allowed to request to live ashore.

First you request a posting for post-QL3. If you get a posting for Esquimalt after your QL3, then you submit your paperwork to get your restrictions removed on your current posting. Then you can have unrestricted move for yourself and your dependents.

I can confirm, but also add to that. I was speaking with my boss, and he said that there if you are married, and your spouse lives in the greater Victoria region, than you can possibly get off base even sooner than the 6 months. This is fairly new, and my understanding is that the base is trying to get rid of the 6 month rule. As for my source of this info, I have been looking into it for the last week, and after speaking to the BPSO, as well as numerous members through my COC, they gave me the same info that was on the last post, as well as what I have mentioned.

Good day,just a question more out of curiosity than anything, I've been offered the position of traffic technician in the rcaf , I begin bmq Sept 7th. Just curious, in general when do you find out where your first posting is after bmq and training ?

jonathancharrier said:
Good day,just a question more out of curiosity than anything, I've been offered the position of traffic technician in the rcaf , I begin bmq Sept 7th. Just curious, in general when do you find out where your first posting is after bmq and training ?

First BMQ, then your occupation training.  Sometime near the end of your occupation training, you will find out where your first posting will be.

To add to the above,

Pistos said:
There's Traffic Techs posted to every base and wing in the CF and as a new QL3 you may have the opportunity to select any of them for your first posting... depending on the current needs of the CF.  Normally, towards the end of your QL3 and before you talk to the career manager, you'll be presented with a list of locations and number of QL3 Traffic Techs that they need - if you select from that list you'll probably get your choice.  If you have another suggestion and can argue persuasively, the career manager may grant you an alternate posting.

That said, 1/2 to 3/4 of the Tfc Techs in the CF call 8 Wing Trenton home - if you want to go there you'll probably get it.

Back