• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice on distr list for CT

Quiet Riot

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently typing up a memo for a component transfer(reserve to reg).  And I am having a hard time figuring out who to put on the distr list.  Anyway, so far I have put down; CO, TP WO, SSM, Cheif Clerk and Sect Cmnd.  If anyone can help with this or has anyother advice on writing this type of memo I'd appreciate it.

For a personal memo it is usualy best if you keep it simple, address it to your Pl Comd and he will minute it and send it to the various people that need to see it. Give it to your Sect Comd to give to the Pl Comd but you do not have to address it to him, he will just look at it make sure it is properly formated that sort of thing.

But if you do address it to the "Cheif Clerk", you may want to adjust it to read "Chief Clerk".... and run spellcheck. :)

Don't want to tick off the man that can help you the most :)

Very good advice Meridian, never bite the hand that feeds you. ;D
Dangerboy that's what I did intially, but I had my Sect 2i/c  look over my memo and he told me to include everyone that I want to see it.  Have you ever had to deal with a memo like this?  Again any input would be helpfull.

Dangerboy that's what I did intially, but I had my Sect 2i/c  look over my memo and he told me to include everyone that I want to see it.  Have you ever had to deal with a memo like this?  Again any input would be helpfull.

So does he want you to put the CO on there as well considering he'll probably be the one signing off on a letter of recommemdation for you or every other officer/NCM that may have to do some administration for you?  Seems silly to me but if you have to, here's what I would probably do.

Action

OC
1 Pl Comd
Chief Clerk

Info

1 Sect Comd
1 Sect 2IC (make him feel important if you must)

Old rule of thumb I like to use is that you never put anyone under Action that is a higher rank then you. So just address it to your Pl Comd and he/she will make sure it gets to the right people for action.

kincanucks said:
Old rule of thumb I like to use is that you never put anyone under Action that is a higher rank then you. So just address it to your Pl Comd and he/she will make sure it gets to the right people for action.

I agree but it seems his 2IC wants a dist list...rather silly to me as his Pl Comd will be doing the leg work as you stated.

MJP said:
I agree but it seems his 2IC wants a dist list...rather silly to me as his Pl Comd will be doing the leg work as you stated.

Ack

Well I want to thank you all for your input, it's helped.  I'll probably make two just incase the higher ups don't like one I can just hand in the other.

Back