• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AK-47‘s ?????

AZA-02

Inactive
Reaction score
i want to know why some people think an AK-47 is great.
Does anyone have any experience with them to proof them wrong?

Rugged construction and virtually no maintainence required, the perfect weapon for an ill-trained army.

However, a well-trained military can get much better performance off a more precision small arms family (C-7,C-8) due to increased attention to upkeep.

Oh yeah, cheap too...but don‘t expect to be dropping targets consistanly from the 300

Yeah, AKs can go through anything and still have the ability to fire. Though I heard the recoil on them is a beotch.

What is the calibre? 7.72mm?

No, haven‘t experienced the Ak-47, but I watched
my best friend Danny Thompson get shot and killed
by one, so no there not so great.

That‘s a tough question, the 7.72mm is small handgun and it takes 3.14 full metal jacket bullets.

The AK-47 fires a 7.62mm x 39mm round. Along with the AKM. Which is an upgraded AK-47. The AK-74 replaced the 47 in service with the Red Army in ...1974. It fires a 5.45mm x 39mm round.

:fifty: :gunner:

No, haven‘t experienced the Ak-47, but I watched
my best friend Danny Thompson get shot and killed
by one, so no there not so great.
Sorry to hear that. How did it happen?
Was it in the news?

AK-47: 7.62x39mm. The original Russian assault rifle, the cartridge was a compromise, cheap to manufacture, simple to care for and operate, robust, effective. Limited range compared to other calibre‘s. Many built under license from satellite countries in many forms.

AK-74: 5.45x39mm. Replaced the AK-47, followed the theories of a smaller calibre bullet causing more damage to people, etc... More ammuntion for less weight, etc... Robust as the predecessors, many variants, etc...

AK-101: 5.56x45mm NATO. Designed for world‘s weapons markets. Similar in features to AK-74.

AK-103: 7.62x39mm. A return to the original calibre. More powerful than AK-74 with newer technological inclusions.

AK-102,104,105: Compact version for commercial sales outside of Russia. All 3 calibre‘s represented and better characteristics than AKs-74U.

AK-107,108: New version of AK w/ opposing gas rods (reduces full auto recoil) in either 5.45 & 5.56mm.

AN-94: 5.45x39mm. Slated to replace the AK-74 from service, but due to primarily economic factors, has seen limited release internally in Russia (mainly elite units). Considered the "professional‘s" choice. Very accurate w/ 2 rd burst. Not likely to be seen in developing countries.

That‘s the roundup. There are so many variants, it‘s a very popular family of rifles. Due to it‘s low cost and ease of operation. Not my first choice, but then again, as so many US troops are doing, it‘s abundant, so why not. In Iraq, there are reports of US troops using AK variants as ammunition is plentiful and the robustness comes in handy in such a sandy theatre.

Hope you find this useful.

You can carry more ammo. They have optimum performance at ranges between 0-300 metres. Meaning they perform better in those ranges then a larger calibre. The weapons are easier to handle due to less weight and recoil.

Thanks

hey are you argylls having a fibua weekend this weekend?

Yes, yes we are. And I think you mean OIBUA young Riley. This is the fourth name change for OIBUA in four years. Soon it‘ll be F.I.S.H. (Fighting In Someone‘s House)

What are you Rock Hudson‘s doing this weekend?

We‘re doing the same, I heard that we might be shooting eachother this weekend. We‘re apparently going to be in an abandoned school somewhere in Hamilton

Scott Park, near Ivor Wynne Stadium. I‘m not sure. I didn‘t hear anything. We are working on entry drills. Dynamic Entry, Method of Entry Experts. JTF2 kinda stuff. Should be fun. Its alway good fun kicking down doors and window. Blowing holes in buildings. And remember a Carl Gustav is now an effective method for creating a point of entry in a building. Unless you can squeeze yourself through a hole the size of a softball. :fifty: :gunner:

Dude, you guys get to mess around is Scott Park??? Cool!!! I knew that place would make for good paintball!

I got to fire an AK47 for the first time recently, and I must say that there was surprisingly little recoil. It wasn‘t much different than firing the C7, or an SKS. I fired a Tommy Gun at the same range, and found it to have more kick, not to mention being heavy as all he||, surprising considering the size.

Why the AK is good, is because it‘s durable, cheap, $hit simple to operate, difficult to break, and is reasonable accurate at short-medium ranges, not to mention that 7.62 has a lot more stopping power than 5.56 (assuming you actually hit the target). Are there better weapons? Yes, many, but most are more expensive and difficult to mass produce. If you go to certain parts of Africa, you can buy an AK47 for about $5 US.

As for calibres, the 7.62 x 39 is nice because it‘s about as light as a 5.56 x 45 round, but has more stopping power at closer ranges. If you‘re doing CQB of any kind, the 7.62 will drop someone a lot faster. The drawback, of course, is that it doesn‘t have the range or accuracy of the longer rounds.

Here‘s a very good site about the Ak.

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/

Back