• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AK-47‘s ?????

shadownet said:
In an environment like Iraq or Afghanistan, I'd rather have an AK with me than an M4 or C7. No offense, but I prefer reliability over tech. And sure, it's range is dirt, but most firefights happen inside the AK's deadly range anyways, especially Iraq.

The AK-74 has a longer range than the AK-47 or AKM, and the bullet is supposedly to have a longer tumbling effect than the 5.56mm, but hey, whatever the CF gives me, I'll use it to its fullest and take good care of it, may it be a C7A2, C8, C9, or even a TAC-50.

I'm not going to touch the other stuff, but I'm curious what you mean by a "longer tumbling effect than the 5.56mm." Most modern "spitzer" rifle bullets tumble when they strike soft tissue, but the 5.56mm is somewhat unique in that in its SS109/M855 analogues, it reliably fragments in soft tissue at velocities above ~2,500 fps, the so-called "Fackler velocity." The 5.45mm does not, however, reliably fragment at any velocity. The "tumbling effect," or a bullet's tendency to yaw when it strikes soft tissue, is a result of a spitzer-type bullet's physical characteristics, not unique to any one rifle or particular cartridge.

RussianWP.jpg

M855.jpg

And yes - AKs and anything based on the AK action are classified as Prohibited Weapons by Order in Council. So anyone holding an AK in Canada without a Prohibited PAL is doing so illegally.

shadownet said:
Can I ask how certain people manage to obtain automatic AKs? I thought those were under the Restricted Firearms section of Canad'as Firearms Policies?

Short answer, usually illegally.

Long answer, there are in extremely rare instances people who are able to get prohibited weapons licenses that allow them to acquire fully automatic weapons.

Popurhedoff, currently being in a third world shithole, is in a position to not have to worry about being subject to Canadian firearms laws.

shadownet said:
Can I ask how certain people manage to obtain automatic AKs? I thought those were under the Restricted Firearms section of Canad'as Firearms Policies?

Almost all AK-47 and variants are classified prohibited.

Popurhedoff and KB work/ed outside of Canada and had to use other weapon systems while so employed.

Now do more reading and less posting before we really lose patience.

-Skeletor- said:
What experience are you basing this off of?  Have you been in Iraq or Afghanistan? Researched the typical engagement ranges in each province?, etc  Fired the C7 and AK47 enough times to have a opinion on them?

C'mon he's played COD 4 like a gazillion times now . That makes him more or a SME than anyone else on here.

Danjanou said:
C'mon he's played COD 4 like a gazillion times now . That makes him more or a SME than anyone else on here.

If you think pro-life / pro-choice debates are venomous you haven't seen anything until you listen to a  modern warfare vs COD battle  ;D

ObedientiaZelum said:
The next time you see a guy with a flashlight hanging off his uniform like this could you gently take it off his shirt and put it in his pocket?

Naw, I am a flat faced civie now, no need for me to be inforcing the dress code  ;D

Also, we should talk about the viability of a certain someone mailing a certain someone else a (perhaps mythical) semi-automatic only AK74/47?  ;)

No can do on that, as much as I would love to have one back home, I am still a law biding citizen.  :cdn:

Cheers
Pop

ObedientiaZelum said:
If you think pro-life / pro-choice debates are venomous you haven't seen anything until you listen to a  modern warfare vs COD battle  ;D

This made me LOL

el oh el

Brihard said:
Popurhedoff, currently being in a third world *******, is in a position to not have to worry about being subject to Canadian firearms laws.
Now now not all **** holes are in the third world, have you ever been to Winnipeg?

my72jeep said:
Now now not all **** holes are in the third world, have you ever been to Winnipeg?

Excuse me? 

my72jeep said:

Parts of TO qualify too from my experience. On the upside probably could score a Kalash there off a local gang banger. 8)

The AK family is prohibited under law, however some of us folks are lucky enough to be grandfathered under Sec. 12(5). So I can own a AK if I so desired, but have enough safe queens. However if any good soul wishes to part with their legal AK for $200  or less I will happily oblige them.

Slightly tangential, but my local corner store/ first stop when the zombies come/ rifle vendor has an AKS for sale, new barrel, bayonet looks to be in primo condition, for $245.  Should I snap it up? how readily available is 7.62 x 39 ammo, and how costly would it be?  Cuz if I'm buying it, bet your belly button I'm gonna want to put some lead through it.

Kat Stevens said:
Slightly tangential, but my local corner store/ first stop when the zombies come/ rifle vendor has an AKS for sale, new barrel, bayonet looks to be in primo condition, for $245.  Should I snap it up? how readily available is 7.62 x 39 ammo, and how costly would it be?  Cuz if I'm buying it, bet your belly button I'm gonna want to put some lead through it.
You can buy a crate of 7.62x39 (about 1440 rounds) for about 300$ a crate in Canada (mind you that is old soviet/bloc countries ammo and it is corrosive so proper cleaning steps must be followed).

Hmmmm, never mind, seems Marstar will sell me a brand new condition still in the grease SKS for $75 if I buy a case of ammo from them....  Debating whether to pull the trigger, as it were.

Kat Stevens said:
Hmmmm, never mind, seems Marstar will sell me a brand new condition still in the grease SKS for $75 if I buy a case of ammo from them....  Debating whether to pull the trigger, as it were.

Sks' are good solid guns and a lot of fun for the price.

Go for it.  Like recceguy said they are fun to shoot, plus they take a lot of abuse so if you fire the lousy warsaw ammo and don't do regular cleaning they still fire fine.

Just picked it up, still in the grease, Russian made, matching numbers. Came with the original oil bottle, tool kit, sling, 3 stripper clips and two ammo pouches. Grabbed 100 rds of ammo and a trigger lock all for $275.  Ammo worked out to $.20/rd, not too shabby.

Back