• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AK-47‘s ?????

I never thought I'd get to say this, but Wes, you're out of your lane. :eek:  LOL

The Yugo's set up up the plant in Tabuk.  And the rifles appear identical to Yugo versions.  Except that when you handle one you'll know that it wasn't made by Zastava, unless they were selling Saddam factory seconds.  LOL.  A Tabuk is like a Yugo M70s retarded brother and are generally pretty horrible as far as fit and finish go.  But they still work, sometimes.  But they are stamped Tabuk, usually on the right side of the rear sight block.  I don't have any pics comparing the two, we do have some genuine Yugo's here, but if you were to handle both side by side, you'd have no problem telling one from the other.  I'll see if I can scam a camera, and get some decent proper pics, showing the difference.

"The ONLY 5.45's I have found are the AKSU-74's (Krinkov's) "

- In March 2002, the local Afghan 'Commander' was given a tour of my Coyote at the SW OP at KAF.  While our 'Trunk Monkey' was showing him the surv gear in the back, his bodyguards were checking us out abnd we were checking them out.  IIRC, they had normal stocked AK-74's, and they were the only 74's of any variant I saw there  during my tour.

teddy49 said:
I never thought I'd get to say this, but Wes, you're out of your lane. :eek:  LOL

The Yugo's set up up the plant in Tabuk.  And the rifles appear identical to Yugo versions.  Except that when you handle one you'll know that it wasn't made by Zastava, unless they were selling Saddam factory seconds.  LOL.  A Tabuk is like a Yugo M70s retarded brother and are generally pretty horrible as far as fit and finish go.  But they still work, sometimes.  But they are stamped Tabuk, usually on the right side of the rear sight block.  I don't have any pics comparing the two, we do have some genuine Yugo's here, but if you were to handle both side by side, you'd have no problem telling one from the other.  I'll see if I can scam a camera, and get some decent proper pics, showing the difference.

Well there ya go, I stand corrected. I have heard of the Tabuk rifle as its listed in the ADF Iraqi deployment book I have. I was under the impression that it and the bayonet were contracted to Zastava. I have also seen and handled the RPK version personally, and the basic characteristics of the Yugo pistol grip and butt stock with rubber recoil pad, the unique front sight assembly (night sight that folds up), etc, plus the wood even was the same. All arabic characters on everything. It had  real nice shrapanel damage to the butt. I'll do some googleing to further educate myself.

I also had a play on the Al Nisira ( spelling?), the local made RPG-7. it appeared more robust than its Russian cousin, black plastic, and characacters in english on one side, arabic on the other. A bit more cruder welding too, but quite a good copy. Typcial 40mm, all ammo interchangable with the Russian and Ch-Com and other Com-Bloc natures.

Cheers and beers,

Wes

I found this neat little conversion kit for a Ruger 10/22; makes it looks like a AKS-74U. It's also non-restricted!!! As I don't want to advertise just pm me if you want to know where to buy one of these badboys. The before and after pics may remind you of a weight loss commercial but they are true to the best of my knowledge.

BEFORE
278L.jpg

AFTER
main_image.jpg

I personnely like the AK-47,  I use one every day here in Afghanistan,  in vehicles i like my M70 AB3 Zavasta with under folder stock, and I like my wooden stock AK-47 as well for everything else.

These guns are so simple that a caveman can use it... or at least a man in a cave can... oh... they do.  it is a very robust weapon that requires little maintenance and cleaning. I like them basiclly stock without optics, without all the gizmo's and LCF kit.  For short to medium ranges it does it job well, if it falls over, no big deal.

I use 3 different methods of cocking the action:

When on target and a stoppage occurs, a quick racking with the right hand is the fastest method, making sure the weapon is in control, sights on target and firmly into my sholder;

the other two methods are for when the rifle is not on target, and/or moving;

Cant/rotate weapon to left, using left hand over the top of the AK, smack/strike the action rearward with base of the hand;

Cant/rotate weapon to the right, using left hand under the bottom of the AK, smack/strick the action rearward with base of thumb.

Three different drills that I practice regularly to where they all seem fast, smooth and natural.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Cheers
Pop

I love reading 9 year old posts such as these and just seeing peoples opinions over the years and thinking about whether or not the author still visits this site... But it's simple. The Ak-47 virtually can not fail... I've seen videos of people putting them in the ground for days on end then taking them out and firing them... They do not fail...

how does burying a gun and then digging it up prove they wont fail?

Container said:
how does burying a gun and then digging it up prove they wont fail?
Because dirt can get into the action and the slide and all of the parts and clog them, but the nature of the design is such that that wouldn't be a problem with the AK-47 (to a certain extent of course)

I just love the thought of Pte Jay coming back in a few years and realizing how poorly he comes across in his posts.

Pte. Jay said:
Lol? How so? I'm not an Army.ca vet :(

Nor will you be if you don't stop with the posting style you're using.

Milnet.ca Staff

Guys, I am extremely sorry if I came across as a douchey kid.

Pte. Jay said:
The Ak-47 virtually can not fail...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lZ_46BSVwY

Pte. Jay said:
They do not fail...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj9TB4t-VGM

Now you know they do fail.

NinerSix said:
I just love the thought of Pte Jay coming back in a few years....
"Coming back" implies that he's going to go away, right?    Soon? 

Jeez guys :( I'm extremely sorry for my ignorance :( I'll try to be more literal from now on.

OK  KevinB 
Lets hear the story(ies) behind the photo. 

Always loved that color of gun tape.  :D

That ain't gun tape.

Its the stuff I've taken to calling Jingle Truck Tape because it's shiny, crappy, and used to fix stuff.  I guess its the same as the tape you used to bling up your 10 speed's handle bars...

Back