• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aldershot, NS

ab00013

Inactive
Reaction score
I will be taking reserve SQ and BIQ in the summer in Aldershot, NS and I have a few questions. I've already done a search on the forums and haven't found any answers. I would just like to know what to expect before I go so I'm not surprised. :eek:

What are the accommodations like in Aldershot? How many are in a room? Are there communal showers or individual stalls? How much room is available for your personal non-kit stuff (like do I have room to bring a textbook that i'm studying ?)?

Also, does our platoon get split up or are we all kept together? Do we normally get our weekends off? Do we do any swimming on SQ or BIQ?

Any info or even better pics would be appreciated, thanks  :salute:

Well i dunno if this counts but i did my reserve QL2/3 there in '95, now...we didn't stay in shacks, we stayed in tent city and we had large communal showers and shitters, Aldershot was like a beach, lots and ots of sand.It was a long time ago for me so i don't remember much, maybe someone who was there like last year could better describe it (if anything changed)

Jane

Hey GI Jane, I was there in 95 as well for QL2/QL3, I stayed in barracks though, directly across from the mess hall. I remember you could actually see through the walls, right to the mess which was also right next to our shack. As I understand it though they have done a lot of upgrades since then, like the buildings are redone and everything. Do you remember the names of the bars, wasn't one the Anville or something, we got thrown out of there for setting off T Flashes and Arty Sims in the bar  ;D Stupid but funny.

Island Rhyno, you guys must have been down the hill from us, we were up top (this was summer) there were like 3 or 4 big mod tents set up, one morning i remember that our course Iltis had been egged, they blammed it on the guys down the hill  :p

Jane

Aldershot. If you are staying in the BIG barracks there then you will be treated to the company of 10-14 of your closest female friends that will all shower communally and I do not know who designed the place but the ventilation for the bathrooms goes into the hallways. I hope you are not to shy. If you8 are you will will go throughmassive culture shock and get over it right quick. Other than that the barracks are in really good condition and really nice.

Yeah, you guys were up there on the road out to the range right, sh*t I remember that, there was a crazy warrant on our course who got RTUd for losing the doors off one of the Illtis jeeps, in Kentville or Wolfville, like the drink he did  8)

LOL yea that was us up by the ranges, ah those were the days, i'm still in contact with one of my instructors  :D

Jane

Back