• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things CF98 (merged)

Hi and thanks for the reply and advice guys.

I have communicated through my Chain as well as my Caseworker. 

I will consider the Notice Of Grievance if this is not resolved within reasonable time in reflection to my circumstances in the CAF.

I hope that there be more clarity in regards to my Unit's handling of this situation.

Take care, Jay.

Jay_N3000 said:
Hi and thanks for the reply and advice guys.

I have communicated through my Chain as well as my Caseworker. 

I will consider the Notice Of Grievance if this is not resolved within reasonable time in reflection to my circumstances in the CAF.

I hope that there be more clarity in regards to my Unit's handling of this situation.

Take care, Jay.
The one thing I would add is that you should do all of this in writing either via memo or email (cc-ing your home email).

Alright thanks everybody for the help and advice.

I finally got the CO to sign my CF98 and,
VAC has a copy of it now
and

I kept a copy for myself as well :)

Will update if anything comes up,
Thanks again !!

Rider Pride said:
the CF 98 is supposed to be initiated within 14 days of injury. A"couple months ago" might be too long, especially if you didn't seek medical aid upon injury.
What is the worse case scenario if I bring this up say a month or two  after? would the worst thing be that I  would be denied a CF98, would I possibly be punished for bringing it up? Thanks in advance. 

Sometimes you dont know an injury was serious enough to submit a CF98 until a few weeks later. I've submitted one a month after, because it took that long to get a MRI and be diagnosed. No repercussions and full 5/5 covered by VAC. Just justify why it was late.

I once submitted a CF98 several months later, after concluding it wasn't a trivial injury after all.  My witness still remembered the incident and was willing to submit his statement and my CoC was supportive and signed off without any drama.

Last month I submitted a CF98 a week after an incident.  My Director didn't want to sign it as I haven't had it checked out medically (still debating it).  I told them I would grieve it and win if it wasn't signed.  It came back signed.

I believe that it all depends on the support you get from your CoC.  And good witnesses help a lot too.

I always encourage people to submit CF98s even when it doesn't seem like a big deal.  Sometimes you can't tell for sure until later that something is significant and it is easier when it's processed sooner.  Sort of like a grievance.

Cheers,

AK

Back