• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Joint Sigs Regt/JSR (merged)

That link doesn't seem to work...I assume its dwan? There are only 3 of us with dwan accounts,  I'll ask my mcpl if I can print er out for them.  Thanks RadOp.

ringo598 said:
That link doesn't seem to work...I assume its dwan? There are only 3 of us with dwan accounts,  I'll ask my mcpl if I can print er out for them.  Thanks RadOp.

Yes, that is our DWAN page link.

Please no MP's...dealt with them enough since I got here...repeat after me I will not speed I will not speed sigh.

ArmyVern said:
Ohhhh, an MP; how Freudian.  ;D

hehe...  Now isn't that ironic.  I was stopped by the police this morning on the way to work!  Not an MP, but city cop.  Apparently I was speeding...  Anyhow, as soon as he walked up to the car, he laughed and told me that if he had noticed that I was in uniform, he wouldn't have pulled me over in the first place!  He told me to have a nice day, and then walked back to his car. 

Thank you Mr Police Officer!

ringo598 said:
Please no MP's...dealt with them enough since I got here...repeat after me I will not speed I will not speed sigh.

Oh, you're going to be one of THOSE are you!?  ::)

BTW, your MCpl won't be able to print off the link as it is to the Regt's website.

Well they have to start somewhere....I'm sure you'll help them see the error of thier ways.

I swear I'm not one of those!  I don't cause admin for anyone, the only thing that gets you in trouble worse than being a poor runner is being that guy who causes admin for your MCpl.  Or if you mistakenly slap your WO on the chest and call him 'Bro' during BMQ.  (Don't do that fyi).

I didn't see anyone respond to the "what happens if you only have enhanced reliability" question I posed earlier, does anyone have experience with that?    (Backstory is that a bunch of the guys came from Wainwright and had nothing filed for them, and they heard some horror stories of some guys who finished DP1.0 and went to Pet and are pretty much back on PAT since they have no clearance, so they were wondering...)

Enhanced Reliability is going to be a problem.

My advice. Tell the ones who have this issue to get the ball rolling now instead of waiting until you get here.

Ack!  I'll tell them to bring it up again at work tomorrow to make sure they at least have it submitted.  It was kind of gong show because someone somewhere was insisting you need a dwan email account to get it started until someone else advised you can just have one of the security folks type it in for you.

Your clearances will be sorted pretty quick. Your bosses will see to that.

As the WO, you had better not slap me in the chest and say "Hey Bro".  And I wouldn't worry about the MCpl and the Admin problems, worry about me and the Admin problems. 

ER could be a problem, but we will work around that for a short time.  I do know that in the group that came to us in Dec, only six had a Secret Clearance, which did limit there employability, but did not stop it completely.  You will not be put back in PAT Pl as we do not have one at the Regt.

Yeah, did the Bro thing, Complete accident, it was dark.  I seriously thought I was going to be PRB'ed right on the spot and kicked out of the CF.  One of the sgts from basic still reminds me of it to this day, he thought it was hilarious.  And thanks again folks for taking the time to answer these, I've passed it on to the guys and its done quite a good job of calming some nerves. 

Jammer said:
...but there are lots of serial numbers to verify...

Shitloads ... I could certainly use a work party of 7 or so troops with mere enhanced ...  >:D

I'm sure 211 would only be to willing to help out...I will be kinda out of the country, so I can't  help with the minions....

So how are things working at JSR with the DP1.0 techs? I was someone who wanted to goto JSR and was VERY vocal about it throughout my DP1.0 course (and knew they were going to be taking DP1's), but unfortunately only the courses after me were given that option. So I wound up at PET at HQ and SIGS.

As an older guy who has a lot (15 years) of civilian experience as an electronics tech, its really frustrating to still not be "qualififed" for anything tech related after being stuck in Kingston for 1 year away from my wife and kids. Yeah I was given a "hook" and POET on enrolment, but alot that did for me. At least now we are together finally here in Pet and I can go home to my own house again!

After living on PAT platoon for almost a year in K-Town I was looking forward to finally be able to do some tech related work once I was posted to PET. What I found was that HQ and SIGS had over 50 techs in a shop designed for 10! It was basically PAT platoon for DP1's! The staff there were pretty understanding of my situation and background as were some of the much younger 5's trained techs.

We also had some "representatives" from CFSCE come by to ask us DP1's how the DP1.0 course has helped to prepare us for our jobs.... In a room that was full of 90% techs, the answer was "not at all". Well thank god some change has happened!

They decided to farm most of us DP1 techs (and some Operators) out to the different units in PET for 6 month rotations.

I wound up at EFCC, and so far its been really good. I'm actually doing some tech related work and the staff there is great! I actually feel wanted at my job for the first time in years.

At least its a good way to pass the time until my 1.1 course comes along.... however long that will take... most of us here don't have a course date at all!

I do know that in the group that came to us in Dec, there were six people already tagged as CST.  They are currently being employed in TM Tp.

Also, I just recieved an e-mail from my SSM and, at the Regt at least, they are changing how we deal with the DP1 soldiers coming in.  I will get further this afternoon and will post it here for all to see.

Back