• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Joint Sigs Regt/JSR (merged)

211RadOp said:
I do know that in the group that came to us in Dec, there were six people already tagged as CST.  They are currently being employed in TM Tp.

Also, I just recieved an e-mail from my SSM and, at the Regt at least, they are changing how we deal with the DP1 soldiers coming in.  I will get further this afternoon and will post it here for all to see.

Ahhhh, so that's who they were. They were clearing in the same time I was clearing back in after I got back from Afg. I was bumping in to them everywhere and they kept moving away from the counters with a "go ahead Ma'am." I was like, "no, you guys were here first; go ahead. Besides, I've got three half days of work to burn (three half days which were actually about 2 hours total) before I take the next 7 weeks off (Man they looked jealous!!).

Heard about the upcoming changes at the O Gp last week ... before I left for another 6 weeks of leave.  >:D So, how is the Regiment these days??  :-*

...until you see the failure results...then back to the BFT.

Jammer said:
...until you see the failure results...then back to the BFT.

Don't be so sure about that. Having had a metric tonne of troops come into my previous locations with EXPRES test exemptions who could run like the wind ... that failed the BFT within a couple of kms of the start point because, although they could run like the wind, they crumbled as soon as you put any weight onto their backs.  ::)

It works both f'n ways; I have officially dealt with a great many awesome test-exempt runners who found themsleves IC'd (and higher) for failing BFTs. I am also convinced that I really don't give a shit how fast or how far one can run because I am a good shot (a real soldier-skill) and, at the end of the day, one may run faster and further than I, but my bullet is STILL going to catch their ass.

Jammer said:
BFT out...EXPRES Test in

My goodness someone finally has some sense in this army.  By default it seems since the BFT is part of IBTS you guys will do both in one year(usually).  Wonders never cease.  Imagine testing someones physical ability in more than one way.

ArmyVern said:
It works both f'n ways; I have officially dealt with a great many awesome test-exempt runners who found themsleves IC'd (and higher) for failing BFTs.

You folks will have to let us know how this works out for you.  The army has long hidden their PT testing behind the BFT, nice to see a a unit break the mold.

MJP said:
My goodness someone finally has some sense in this army.  By default it seems since the BFT is part of IBTS you guys will do both in one year(usually).  Wonders never cease.  Imagine testing someones physical ability in more than one way.

You folks will have to let us know how this works out for you.  The army has long hidden their PT testing behind the BFT, nice to see a a unit break the mold.

We used to do both tests each year.

BTW, we aren't Army and have no place in their CoC --- despite what 1 Can Div would wish. We belong to CANOSCOM.  ;)

MJP said:

Again, we aren't part of the Army, but I can tell you that, each of my troops (all had valid BFTs) who has reported for their XPress test over the past month has achieved an exempt. Will keep you updated as the rest make their their way through.

ArmyVern said:
BTW, we aren't Army and have no place in their CoC --- despite what 1 Can Div would wish. We belong to CANOSCOM.  ;)

Meh regardless of who you belong to, you are one of the few that will require both.  Something the army could certainly use.

MJP said:
Meh regardless of who you belong to, you are one of the few that will require both.  Something the army could certainly use.

Actually, we won't require both; that was the debate.

As was posted earlier ... it's the Express Test now. Period. Confirmed by higher CoC.

Our only pers who will be BFTing are those whom receive the task to deploy. At that point, those pers will then do IBTS and BFT --- much like an RCAF or RCN augmentee to a Land Force generated deployment. No deployment - no BFT.

Okay...newbie pte question!  Whats this about JSR not being army?  How  does that work?  And no BFT?  Guess that means no more ruck jogs or gas mask rucks :(

ArmyVern said:
Actually, we won't require both; that was the debate.

As was posted earlier ... it's the Express Test now. Period. Confirmed by higher CoC.

Our only pers who will be BFTing are those whom receive the task to deploy. At that point, those pers will then do IBTS and BFT --- much like an RCAF or RCN augmentee to a Land Force generated deployment. No deployment - no BFT.

Ahh seen I figured that IBTS was a yearly thing for you folks as well, considering the high op tempo the unit has.  It would almost make sense to have everyone do it (IBTS) yearly just to have folks ready and further to maintain skills.

MJP said:
Ahh seen I figured that IBTS was a yearly thing for you folks as well, considering the high op tempo the unit has.  It would almost make sense to have everyone do it (IBTS) yearly just to have folks ready and further to maintain skills.

You won't get an argument from me on that.

We actually do IBTS twice a year plus the ad nauseum pre deployment trg. My crew is the first to have done all of our trg with the BG we are supporting. Ringo...don't get your hopes up. CFJSR is part of CANOSCOM, however we do a great deal of our jobs in direct support to the Army.
IMHO it really depends on the flavour of the day as it relates to how much "army stuff' is done. I would hazard a guess that once the summer of 2013 rolls around there will be another change...stay tuned.

ringo598 said:
Okay...newbie pte question!  Whats this about JSR not being army?  How  does that work?  And no BFT?  Guess that means no more ruck jogs or gas mask rucks :(

We aren't "Army". We belong to CANOSCOM - Canadian Operational Support Command ... we wear 'ninja stars' as command badges on our DEUs seen in the link:

CANOSCOM Command Badge

Jammer said:
We actually do IBTS twice a year plus the ad nauseum pre deployment trg. My crew is the first to have done all of our trg with the BG we are supporting. Ringo...don't get your hopes up. CFJSR is part of CANOSCOM, however we do a great deal of our jobs in direct support to the Army.
IMHO it really depends on the flavour of the day as it relates to how much "army stuff' is done. I would hazard a guess that once the summer of 2013 rolls around there will be another change...stay tuned.

Ergo the "joint" in CFJSR. We support anyone on domestic or deployed operations. And, not all deployments are Army --- witness Libya. Again, I don't see us belonging to the "army" anytime soon --- despite what 1 Can Div would wish. There are shitloads of CF pers on Ops right now and most of those are not Army operations. Who knew?

ArmyVern said:

Guess JSR won't need LDA then? I mean if you're not in the army and don't need to do a BFT....

PuckChaser said:
Guess JSR won't need LDA then? I mean if you're not in the army and don't need to do a BFT....

Except LDA has zero to do with BFTs. It has to do with going to the field ... which we do. We're still a field Unit, we just don't belong to the Army. But you were already aware of all those little factoids though. Colour it any way you want, our CoC (CANOSCOM) has decided that we will do the Express Test ... now, please pull up your ref for BFT as it relates to LDA or are you just tossing shit out there??

Back