• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

American Science Degree

Inspir

Inactive
Reaction score
Sent this as an email to the recruiting centre and thought I would post here as well.

I will graduating from Montana State University next year and was wondering if anyone on the board would know if the Forces would accept a degree granted by an American university for DEO.

Inspir said:
Sent this as an email to the recruiting centre and thought I would post here as well.

I will graduating from Montana State University next year and was wondering if anyone on the board would know if the Forces would accept a degree granted by an American university for DEO.

Can't see any reason why a degree from an accredited US university would be a problem.

Hey,

You will need to send your transcripts to an evaluation service. I sent mine to WES. It will convert your grades and tell the CF if it is the equivalent to the Canadian system. Also, if you are a Canadian citizen living in America you will need to get an FBI background check which takes forever so you should get on that ASAP.

You will need to have your degree evaluated to obtain a Canadian equivalent.  Here is a site that will get you started in the right direction.    http://www.canalliance.org/

DAA said:
You will need to have your degree evaluated to obtain a Canadian equivalent.  Here is a site that will get you started in the right direction.    http://www.canalliance.org/

Only if he's in a regulated profession where credentials are required. A generic science degree would not necessarily have to be judged against a Canadian standard.

ModlrMike said:
Only if he's in a regulated profession where credentials are required. A generic science degree would not necessarily have to be judged against a Canadian standard.

When I applied I had just over a year completed at a US university in a Business Aviation program. I was told that i had to have the transcript sent to WES (and only WES) for them to evaluate it. It was my impression that any foreign education had to be evaluated by WES for your application.

I also had the FBI background check completed and it took about 3 months.

Edited to add: I just checked the link for canalliance.org and noticed that it directs you to WES for Ontario and other organizations for other provinces.

I applied to the DEO program earlier this year with a science degree from Australia. The CFRC required that I obtain an equivalency for my studies. They informed me that any degree obtained outside of the country has to be vetted, as the CF is not in the business of determining/setting educational standards, they require that candidates with foreign educational credentials obtain an evaluation from an authorized agency.

As I live in Quebec, I had to go through Quebec Immigration Ministry. My assessment took six months.
Best of success with yours  :)

If you earned a degree outside of Canada regardless of what it is, you need to have it evaluated by WES. 

Back