• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ammo Tech training.

BrewsKampbell

Reaction score
Getting back in as an Ammo Tech after releasing in 2013. Getting sworn in Feb 16th then posted to 3 CDSB Det Wainwright, presumably to do some OJT while I wait for my 3's. I talked to some Ammo guys when I was in Afghanistan and it seemed like a trade I'd be interested in so when I saw it was hiring last year I tossed in an application.

The only thing I'm not sure on is how long the 3's actually is in one go. It doesn't matter at this point but I'm curious, mainly because I have to keep my house in Edmonton while posted to WX until after my 3's since the CF won't cover my move until then.

The recruiting site breaks it down into 3 phases which total 10 months but further down mentions after the initial 5 months you head to a unit for OJT. So is it the 5 months at CFSAL then to your unit then you do the other phases at a later date?

Thanks for any clarification.

TrunkMonkey315 said:
Getting back in as an Ammo Tech after releasing in 2013. Getting sworn in Feb 16th then posted to 3 CDSB Det Wainwright, presumably to do some OJT while I wait for my 3's. I talked to some Ammo guys when I was in Afghanistan and it seemed like a trade I'd be interested in so when I saw it was hiring last year I tossed in an application.

The only thing I'm not sure on is how long the 3's actually is in one go. It doesn't matter at this point but I'm curious, mainly because I have to keep my house in Edmonton while posted to WX until after my 3's since the CF won't cover my move until then.

The recruiting site breaks it down into 3 phases which total 10 months but further down mentions after the initial 5 months you head to a unit for OJT. So is it the 5 months at CFSAL then to your unit then you do the other phases at a later date?

Thanks for any clarification.

How long was your process getting back in for another trade? I'm doing the same right now and just submitted my app. Was a Combat Engineer in 2014 but applied to go back in for other trades.

EpicBeardedMan said:
How long was your process getting back in for another trade?

TrunkMonkey315 said:
10 months from start to finish. I applied as Recruit School Bypass as I have previous service.

Recruiting Centre: Edmonton
Component: Regular, NCM
Trade Choice 1: Ammo Tech
Trade Choice 2: Traffic Tech
Trade Choice 3: Mat Tech
Application Date: March 2016
First Contact: March 2016
CFAT: 2003
Medical: Oct 2016
Interview: Oct 2016
Merit listed: Nov 2016
Position Offered: Ammo Tech (Jan 2017)

mariomike is on the ball.

I'm told the reason it took so long was because my file had to be sent to Ottawa for review because they had to look at what rank and IPC I'd receive.

TrunkMonkey315 said:
mariomike is on the ball.

I'm told the reason it took so long was because my file had to be sent to Ottawa for review because they had to look at what rank and IPC I'd receive.

ahhh okay, makes sense. im waiting for cyber op to be available. called my local CFRC and the sgt said it was open so im tossing in my app. i think avn would be a second choice.

Back