• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another Shooting in T.O., and one Councillor wants the army to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood and Crips is an LA thing, and people here (and pretty much everywhere else), use it as a LCF.  There were a few instances last year were two "Blood" gangs were shooting each other.  Why?  Money and Drugs.  These Blood/Crip monikers mean nothing, in reality.

I am sorry to disagree, but it they do really exist in the truest form. Not just in LA, but in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Windsor, Hamilton, Winnepeg, Halifax etc. As do the Gangster Disciples, the MS 13, Latin Counts, Cash Posse (MOB) and variances of these gangs exist. We cannot forget about the Eastern European, Italian, Asian, 1%'ers (OMG), Middle Eastern, African, Irish, Hispanic and other ethnic and home grown organized crime.

Several of these gangs/organized crime have tentacles back to their orgins, whether it be LA, Chicago, Detroit, Texas, California, Moscow, Albania, El Salvador, Sicily, Sri Lanka, India, Somalia, Lebanon etc. I can only think of one region where I have yet to meet a criminal element from and that is Antarctica...they may have some shady penguin's, but they haven't made it to Canada yet!!  ;D

WR said:
I am sorry to disagree, but it they do really exist in the truest form.
  What is that supposed to mean?  Do they exist yes, they most certainly do (all the shootings and murders would indicate such).  The point I am trying to get across though is that these gangs (bloods/crips) are NOT affliated with or chapters of some larger organization.  The members of these gangs simply choose bloods or crips because those names have been glamourized by the entertainment and media, and they want to emulate their "idols".  Any type of coherent "organization" within these gangs is minimal at best.  They are STREET GANGS, pure and simple.  Yes some (most) of the other groups you mentioned are organized, and have some sort of higher structure to them, however they are not the ones doing all the shooting in Toronto (I can't speak for other cities)

Roy Harding said:
Gustafson Lake?
Ice Storms?
Manitoba Floods?
Alberta Tornado?

Others I can't think of off the top of my head, which were "Logistics" assistance, as opposed to "Armed Intervention" assistance.

Hurricane Juan! Thank you...  ;)

Even when the crips first formed, they were different groups of gangs that allied. Even those sometimes fought each other for control.

WR said:
I am sorry to disagree, but it they do really exist in the truest form. Not just in LA, but in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Windsor, Hamilton, Winnepeg, Halifax etc. As do the Gangster Disciples, the MS 13, Latin Counts, Cash Posse (MOB) and variances of these gangs exist. We cannot forget about the Eastern European, Italian, Asian, 1%'ers (OMG), Middle Eastern, African, Irish, Hispanic and other ethnic and home grown organized crime.

Several of these gangs/organized crime have tentacles back to their orgins, whether it be LA, Chicago, Detroit, Texas, California, Moscow, Albania, El Salvador, Sicily, Sri Lanka, India, Somalia, Lebanon etc. I can only think of one region where I have yet to meet a criminal element from and that is Antarctica...they may have some shady penguin's, but they haven't made it to Canada yet!!  ;D

Indeed. Different' 'sets' within a particular gang affiliation often fight each other for any number of reasons; territory, money, some perceived slight... It's comparable to a sort of basic tribalism, and the world has ample tribal societies that fight amongst themselves when they aren't temporarily united to fight an outside force. Whether those in Toronto calling themselves Crips and Bloods actually have L.A. affiliations is barely relevant- the end results are the same anyway.

If Toronto can't manage its own affairs, it should be broken up into smaller municipalities that can.  A little devolution away from the centre often helps.

The police are doing a bang up job, fighting these tards.  Its the prosecutors, judges and parole officials who need to step up to the plate, and keep these retards locked up for longer than few months. 

Brad Sallows said:
If Toronto can't manage its own affairs, it should be broken up into smaller municipalities that can.  A little devolution away from the centre often helps.

I believe it was like that before Mike Harris came into power. He was the one that wanted everything in Toronto amalgamated to build the Mega City claiming that it would make it more efficient.

There were Seperate municipalities yes, however the police service has been amalgamated since the 1960s

Hatchet Man said:
The police are doing a bang up job, fighting these tards.  Its the prosecutors, judges and parole officials who need to step up to the plate, and keep these retards locked up for longer than few months. 

I agree, the police are doing a hard job, without much support when they finally catch the guys. My personal experience was an eye opener for me. A sexual pervert exposed himself to a girl we had renting out the basement. When we called it in, the police went directly to his house, half a block away, they knew all about him, and where he was living. In court, because my description of him didn't exactly match, he was let go. He had gone home and changed his shoes, and got rid of the coat I saw him in.

The police officer I talked to made it very clear that he hadn't raped anyone yet, but that would be the next step. I still get a very sour taste in my mouth remembering him walzing out free, with his girlfriend that he had met in rehab...she had been charged wih forgery. Nice couple. This is what the police have to put up with in our courts every day.

This just seems silly. The army does not really have the training to do day-to-day police work and there not much the army could do that the police cab with outwith Emergencies Act being inacted, and if it simply a man power issue would it not make more cents to bring in OPP and RCMP to re-enforce Toronto Police?

Hatchet Man said:
So I am watching Citynews tonight, and there was another shooting in the Jane/Sheppard area of Toronto, and one City Councillor (Mammolliti) actually says on air, that he wants the feds to step in and send in the army to the area, to quote "clean up the area".  So any thoughts, comments, hypothetical postulations?

I suggested this when that 11 year old boy was caught in the cross fire and killed about 5 months back....    When there is a part of the city where you are not safe while out at night alone, that is simply unacceptable in my opinion...      If there is an area of the city where you should not be because it is too dangerous (referring to the threat of humans), something should be done about it, it shouldn't be accepted as it is and has been for quite some time now.  And clearly in my opinion the police may be bound by too many laws which could be why nothing is really changing? 
I say, go into those neighborhoods, bust down doors, search private property and kill anyone who resists.  Those "THUGS" have given up all rights given to them by law because they have created a horrible neighborhood to live in and around.  Also, I would go so far as to say the entire neighborhood has given up their rights given to them by law as well, simply because they live in a horrible neighborhood that appears to be out of control.  I mean what rights do you have anyways when you can't even walk around there freely without fear of harm from another individual?  .....in conclusion, take their drugs, take their weapons, and kill all who resist...  :skull:

bdog said:
This just seems silly. The army does not really have the training to do day-to-day police work and there not much the army could do that the police cab with outwith Emergencies Act being inacted, and if it simply a man power issue would it not make more cents to bring in OPP and RCMP to re-enforce Toronto Police?

I don't know much about the law or anything but if I had the army in these neighborhoods I would make sure the entire neighborhood knew that their rights as canadian citizens have been temporarily removed till the problems have been removed.  I would make sure all the known drug houses are busted into and searched.  The armies job wouldn't be to police, it would be to turn the neighborhood inside out.  taking all weapons and drugs they come across and killing the resistors.  even set up surveillance to capture the "thugs" who come into the neighborhood from another city/location..I would try to have surveillance on every single house that has its doors busted down and searched, and I would try to make sure every single house in the neighborhood is busted down and searched all in one go..which could end up being a 36 hour mission.  ..... .. hell, even while doing this, set up some voluntold programs that hopefully get the youth of the neighborhood set in a positive direction for the future... 

?

oh, and while doing this, I would make sure each soldier has a helmet cam on and is recording, as well as a cameraman following units around...  I would then get someone to turn it into a DVD and sell it to the public... and of course you would have to be careful of how much you show the public, I wouldn't want to give away all the tactics behind clearing and searching of houses.  (i don't know any)

Michael O`Leary said:
'nuf said.
:crybaby: my apologies staff.  I keep on forgetting that my opinion is not welcome here. 
it is quite clear.

I state my opinion/thoughts response from staff = snide remark. 

very comical.

Err...Wade? Im not sure where to begin but something like that will never happen. Police cant just bust in on anyone and run them down. Those who were born here are Canadian Citizens. Even though they act like total hooligans and cause trouble they still are protected. Its rather unprofessional and im sure many law enforcement officers who are on here would agree that these Blitzkreig type crack downs while they might produce results, may cause something like a war zone. Should something be done to clean up the streets? Yes. Im from an area close to there and know what its like. Ive been robbed right in the halls of a high school I went to in that vicinity. Police are doing what they can. As well is it the neighbourhoods fault that theres one or two people who screw it up for everyone? What about the kids that are in that neighbourhood? They lose their rights cause some scum bag thinks hes all that? Im not sure how to go about solving a problem like this. But im sorry reading your post and your ideas reminds me of the Holocaust in WW2. The whole neighbourhood gives up its rights? Sounds to me like that area effectively becomes a ghetto. Busting in on everyone with a "F*** em' all no regrets" attitude? Isnt that what the Nazis did to the Jewish in Europe?

wade.w said:
I don't know much about the law or anything but if I had the army in these neighborhoods I would make sure the entire neighborhood knew that their rights as canadian citizens have been temporarily removed till the problems have been removed.   I would make sure all the known drug houses are busted into and searched.   The armies job wouldn't be to police, it would be to turn the neighborhood inside out.   taking all weapons and drugs they come across and killing the resistors.  even set up surveillance to capture the "thugs" who come into the neighborhood from another city/location..I would try to have surveillance on every single house that has its doors busted down and searched, and I would try to make sure every single house in the neighborhood is busted down and searched all in one go..which could end up being a 36 hour mission.   ..... .. hell, even while doing this, set up some voluntold programs that hopefully get the youth of the neighborhood set in a positive direction for the future...   

?

oh, and while doing this, I would make sure each soldier has a helmet cam on and is recording, as well as a cameraman following units around...   I would then get someone to turn it into a DVD and sell it to the public... and of course you would have to be careful of how much you show the public, I wouldn't want to give away all the tactics behind clearing and searching of houses.  (i don't know any)

Your a frightening little Hitler aren't you..

Who do you want to exterminate next?

wade.w said:
:crybaby: my apologies staff.  I keep on forgetting that my opinion is not welcome here. 
it is quite clear.

I state my opinion/thoughts response from staff = snide remark. 

very comical.

You're trolling, son.

We've had our fun - straighten up and fly right.

Roy Harding
Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back