• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AOR Replacement & the Joint Support Ship (Merged Threads)

I would expect that is fairly port specific no?

Docking in San Diego or a port in Western Europe vice docking somewhere in Africa?

Generally its done for products you just cant get of the same quality outside of NA. And just for dry/canned goods. And its only done once for a 6 month deployment. During a RAMP (Rest and Maintenance Program), usually a port visit two weeks in length where much of the crew goes on HLTA and we get deep maintenance work and major storings done on the ship. Its a busy time for Storesmen and Stokers.

And the flying over food stuffs isn't always done. This is my 5th 6 month deployment at sea and only the second time I've done this. Normally the AC pallets are filled with ammo, G&T stores, POL and other sundry items that keeps these sleek greyhounds of death on the hunt.

The quality of food we get often isn't the same you are served at the nice restaurant at the Venetian Harbor in Chania, Crete. Most Navies don't eat as well as we do, we are very spoiled.

Back