• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application - How long does it take? (Merged)

Steve said:
... woo is me? I'm not sure if you mean "woe" or anything else but that's the first time I've heard "woo is you"

Actually you are right I meant to say woe instead of woo thanks for the correction.  Woo is Chinese for woe.

Well there you go then.

Although instead of a simple "woe is you" I would have appreciated an intelligible reply instead of three words.

Apparently the improper filling of my form consisted of me writing "Non-commisioned member" instead of "UNSKILLED" on the part above my 3 choices and not checking a foreign military service box...... No offense taken, but come on.. I really didn't know what to think... Big deal...

Oh well, I'm going tomorrow to hand it all for last time... No worries.

Cheers

Patrick

KinCanuck - Are you a Recruiting Officer?  Were you ever a Recruiting Officer?  It would seem you have a great knowledge of Recruiting and the Recruiting system?  Please enlighten some of us whom HAVE actually worked in this system!  Would not post something on this site if I didnt really know what I was talking about first hand and not through listening to others - although I do respect you for your thoughts, maybe its time you open your mind to others whom have walked the walk!  But then again some us simply will turn a blind eye to the truth - maybe you should actually listen to some new recruits rather than smelling the lovely flowers that grow in your perfect world!  Maybe as an officer more of you and your world (whom apparently get paid to make decisions) can try and change the above and keep us poor ranting NCMs from having to Vent/speak to others/etc (which by the way is our god given right as Canadian Citizens under the Charter)  Try listening to your NCM corp for a change on the topics that may seem unworthy or trivial to you - as maybe these topics are what concern us - your followers!  Nuff Said refuse to debate further.  thanks guys for your insights, take my thoughts as you want, as to some of us they are important.

Chief Clerk said:
KinCanuck - Are you a Recruiting Officer?   Were you ever a Recruiting Officer?   It would seem you have a great knowledge of Recruiting and the Recruiting system?   Please enlighten some of us whom HAVE actually worked in this system!   Would not post something on this site if I didnt really know what I was talking about first hand and not through listening to others - although I do respect you for your thoughts, maybe its time you open your mind to others whom have walked the walk!   But then again some us simply will turn a blind eye to the truth - maybe you should actually listen to some new recruits rather than smelling the lovely flowers that grow in your perfect world!    Maybe as an officer more of you and your world (whom apparently get paid to make decisions) can try and change the above and keep us poor ranting NCMs from having to Vent/speak to others/etc (which by the way is our god given right as Canadian Citizens under the Charter)   Try listening to your NCM corp for a change on the topics that may seem unworthy or trivial to you - as maybe these topics are what concern us - your followers!   Nuff Said refuse to debate further.   thanks guys for your insights, take my thoughts as you want, as to some of us they are important.

Oh great another rant.   Ever thought of using paragraphs?   Yes Warrant I am a recruiting officer and I came up through the ranks and I know of what I speak of, do you?

Chief Clerk said:
KinCanuck - Are you a Recruiting Officer?   Were you ever a Recruiting Officer?   It would seem you have a great knowledge of Recruiting and the Recruiting system?   Please enlighten some of us whom HAVE actually worked in this system!   Would not post something on this site if I didnt really know what I was talking about first hand and not through listening to others - although I do respect you for your thoughts, maybe its time you open your mind to others whom have walked the walk!   But then again some us simply will turn a blind eye to the truth - maybe you should actually listen to some new recruits rather than smelling the lovely flowers that grow in your perfect world!    Maybe as an officer more of you and your world (whom apparently get paid to make decisions) can try and change the above and keep us poor ranting NCMs from having to Vent/speak to others/etc (which by the way is our god given right as Canadian Citizens under the Charter)   Try listening to your NCM corp for a change on the topics that may seem unworthy or trivial to you - as maybe these topics are what concern us - your followers!   Nuff Said refuse to debate further.   thanks guys for your insights, take my thoughts as you want, as to some of us they are important.

Despite the rare disagreement with kincanucks, most of the recruits and myself really appreciate the fact he comes on these forums and answers our questions on his own time. Without kincanucks' input this process would be a lot more difficult.

kincanucks said:
Thank you for the kind words.

Kincanucks

Just so long as you don't take their BS to heart...  Those of us that actually have our heads on top of our necks rather then implanted in our arses are fully aware who is in the know when it comes to recruiting.  Cheers, Kincanucks.  :)

T

Man i feel sorry for you, I've been waiting 9 months, my basic is starting in April.. I wish you best of luck... I can't believe your still determind to get in after such a long wait... Good Luck!

ok im curious,i hope my file is not lost and im waiting for nothing,i think i better contact them and ask them but is that ok to do?Will it take them time to find out IF my file is still in progress???

Don't feel bad about calling or checking up on things. My recruiting officer himself has encouraged me to call every week for a status checkup on my med file review by those docs in Borden.

Give em a call

1st : thanks kincanucks you really helped me in my recruiting process and you made the thing easier for me.

2nd : Lebanese canadian : don't hesitate to call or go there in person if you wish! I wouldn't know my med came back last week if I didn't go to see them!

By the way, I would like to say to the person in charge of my CFRC that I really appreciate the work of the people there, and they are really professionnals. I got a very good service and all was done in reasonnable times. How can I do this?

Cheers!

well i havent done my medical yet, im waiting for  this pre assessment thing that people from scheduled countries have to go through

By the way, I would like to say to the person in charge of my CFRC that I really appreciate the work of the people there, and they are really professionnals. I got a very good service and all was done in reasonnable times. How can I do this?

If the CO doesn't do your enrolment ask to see them and then you can pass on your appreciation in person.

Copper_ said:
most of the recruits and myself really appreciate the fact he comes on these forums and answers our questions on his own time. Without kincanucks' input this process would be a lot more difficult.

Ditto..It's great to have someone, especially a CF recruiter, who unselfishly assists CF applicants with whatever questions they have during off hours and his own spare time.

My experience with the CFRC and the staff has been professional, courteous and pleasant...I have no complaints about the way I was treated and appreciate the way I was treated every time I called or walked into the CFRC....great bunch of people and my deepest thanks goes out to them for providing superior service!!!

" KinCanuck - Are you a Recruiting Officer?  Were you ever a Recruiting Officer?  It would seem you have a great knowledge of Recruiting and the Recruiting system?  Please enlighten some of us whom HAVE actually worked in this system!  Would not post something on this site if I didnt really know what I was talking about first hand and not through listening to others - although I do respect you for your thoughts, maybe its time you open your mind to others whom have walked the walk!  But then again some us simply will turn a blind eye to the truth - maybe you should actually listen to some new recruits rather than smelling the lovely flowers that grow in your perfect world!  Maybe as an officer more of you and your world (whom apparently get paid to make decisions) can try and change the above and keep us poor ranting NCMs from having to Vent/speak to others/etc (which by the way is our god given right as Canadian Citizens under the Charter)  Try listening to your NCM corp for a change on the topics that may seem unworthy or trivial to you - as maybe these topics are what concern us - your followers!  Nuff Said refuse to debate further.  thanks guys for your insights, take my thoughts as you want, as to some of us they are important."

Wow! Say again all after.........
Why are you so torqued? What is the burning issue?
As a Chief Clerk/WO doesn't that make you a leader also?

my security clearance cleared in 2 weeks lol wow you guys have had problems

B.McTeer said:
my security clearance cleared in 2 weeks lol wow you guys have had problems

What security clearance? Or are you referring to the Enhanced Reliability Check which should only take three business days?

well i have no idea what cleared in 2 weeks all i know is that they phoned and said i was ready for testing. in 2 weeks. got the good to go after my interview. maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree i have no clue :-\

Back