• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the clarification DAA. You've been quite helpful.

I was told to take ACSO off my list. Guess cause it is limited as you say.

As for my application, the only steps left are the interview and medical, plus the personality test. I'm hoping they will do all three in the same day.

I was told that for the upcoming selections, my three choices are on "priority" in terms of processing. Meaning I will in all likelihood be processed in time for the coming selections. Assuming their are no hiccups in the security clearance and background checks.

Guelph said:
Still waiting for the initial contact email.......

Might be working in the armoured car industry before I ever get the email, lol.

It wouldn't hurt to contact your Recruiting Office. After waiting a month I called them and am glad I did. They looked into it and my file was sent to the wrong province so they got me to go in and fill out an application directly with them. Much quicker :)

AshleyDawn said:
It wouldn't hurt to contact your Recruiting Office. After waiting a month I called them and am glad I did. They looked into it and my file was sent to the wrong province so they got me to go in and fill out an application directly with them. Much quicker :)

I appreciate your message, but I've already contacted the office twice in the past, and emailed once, so my quota is met for bugging them. They assured me it's in the process. I just need to keep busy and the gym is a Godsend.

But again - thank you!  :nod:

Recruiting centre: Online/New Westminster, BC
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: ACO
Trade choice 2: Med Tech
Trade Choice 3: Fire Fighter
Applied: March 27, 2013
File sent to CFRC: May 9th, 2013
First contact: May 16th, 2013
CFAT:
Medical:
Interview:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
swearing in:
BMOQ:

Recruiting Center:Victoria
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Combat engineer
Application Date: November 19, 2012
First Contact: December 5,2012
File transferred to Victoria : April 24, 2013
CFAT completed: May 28,2013
Med completed : May 28,2013
Interview completed:
Position Offered:
BMQ Begins:

Everything went well in my medical; 20/20 vision, good hearing no underlying health problems.  I was well prepared for the CFAT and it felt good, so now just waiting for my interview to be scheduled.  ;D

Wow - ironic timing, as I just got my initial contact via phone. I told them that I passed the CFAT in 2002 before changing my mind on applying, so the recruiter said I may not have to repeat the CFAT. I'm waiting for a call back any moment...

Guelph said:
Wow - ironic timing, as I just got my initial contact via phone. I told them that I passed the CFAT in 2002 before changing my mind on applying, so the recruiter said I may not have to repeat the CFAT. I'm waiting for a call back any moment...

CFAT scores for the most part are good for life.  Provided your local CFRC can pull the last results....

The guy on the phone pulled them in like 10 seconds.....but he hasn't called back, and now it's after hours. Oh well, perhaps tomorrow.

Guelph said:
The guy on the phone pulled them in like 10 seconds.....but he hasn't called back, and now it's after hours. Oh well, perhaps tomorrow.

Makes me think back to some previous posts about people having to "wait" until their CFRC was able to obtain these results.....hhhmmmmmm

Sounds like you have a half decent file manager!

Guelph said:

DAA said:
Makes me think back to some previous posts about people having to "wait" until their CFRC was able to obtain these results.....hhhmmmmmm

Sounds like you have a half decent file manager!

My CFRC is Hamilton also, and yes, if Guelph has the same file manager as I do, he's excellent! 

Fingers crossed, my friends! He sounded like quite a young guy, but really polite and attentive, so we'll see!

Recruiting Centre: Regina, Sk
Trade Choice 1: AVN
Trade Choice 2: AVS
Online Application Date: January 12 , 2013
First contact: February 26 2013, application sent to Regina
CFAT Completed : 2008, previous application
Forms brought in to Regina: March 26 2013
Interview completed: April 3 2013 (avn/avs)
Medical Completed: Part 1: April 3 2013, Part 2: May 9 2013
Merit listed: May 27 2013
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Found out today that I was placed on the merit list yesterday! The weeks between my medical and today have been the most stressful haha. I was concerned they would reject me based on my medical history, so to hear that I was cleared medically fit was quite a relief. Now I patiently wait for the job offer, hopefully it won't take to long, I would love to start BMQ in July.

dvh1 said:
Recruiting centre: New Westminster, BC
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade choice 1: Infantry Officer
Trade choice 2: Armour Officer
Applied: Dec 7, 2012
File sent to CFRC: Feb 18, 2013
First contact: Late March, 2013
CFAT: March 2013
Medical: April 2013
Interview: May 23, 2013
Merit listed: May 23, 2013
Position offered:
swearing in:
BMOQ:

Had my interview today and was told I am competitive. Unfortunately DEO Infantry and Armour are both closed for the year but should be open in Spring 2014. Now time to wait!

Who told you that Infantry and Armour officer won't be going to BMOQ until Spring 2014? I don't think that is true.

Recruiting Center: Halifax
Officer/NCM: Officer- DEO
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Officer
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: October 2012
First Contact:  December 13,2012
Aptitude Test: March 2013 (Forget the exact day)
Interview: April 4, 2013
Medical: April 4,2013
Merit Listed: May 28, 2013 (Found out when I called)
Position Offered: Waiting
Enrollment/Swear in: Waiting
BMOQ Begins: Waiting

RectorCR said:
Who told you that Infantry and Armour officer won't be going to BMOQ until Spring 2014? I don't think that is true.

My file manager and interviewer. I know things change all the time but as far as they knew both trades were closed for the fiscal year. Did your interviewer not mention that?

dvh1 said:
My file manager and interviewer. I know things change all the time but as far as they knew both trades were closed for the fiscal year. Did your interviewer not mention that?

In my experience I try not and take anything the local recruiters say seriously because it seems to be wrong about 90% of the time. But no they didn't say anything. I was talking to the national recruiting centre and they said to ignore the open/closed thing because it changes constantly and te website is almost always wrong. The next DEO course dates are on September 16 and 30 according to CFLRS. I really hope I'm on one of those.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Application Date: September 09, 2012
Sent in documents/paperwork: October 15, 2012
Transferred to CFRC Toronto: April 19, 2013
Aptitude Test: May 28, 2013
Medical: June 3, 2013
Interview: June 12, 2013
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:

* Just did my CFAT yesterday. Did very well. Kinda bombed the first part of it but aced the other two parts. Apparently I had a high enough score for officer.. too bad I'm a dummy and didn't go to uni.

Cbbmtt said:
Recruiting centre: Online/New Westminster, BC
Trade choice 1: ACO
Trade choice 2: Med Tech
Trade Choice 3: Fire Fighter
Applied: March 27, 2013
File sent to CFRC: May 9th, 2013
First contact: May 16th, 2013
CFAT:
Medical:
Interview:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
swearing in:
BMOQ:

Med Tech needed Grade 12 Biology and Firefighter was definitely not open. Changed to Aesop and looking at other options.

RectorCR said:
In my experience I try not and take anything the local recruiters say seriously because it seems to be wrong about 90% of the time. But no they didn't say anything. I was talking to the national recruiting centre and they said to ignore the open/closed thing because it changes constantly and te website is almost always wrong. The next DEO course dates are on September 16 and 30 according to CFLRS. I really hope I'm on one of those.

Yeah I hope I am too. The sooner the better. I think the DEO course dates on Sept. 16 and 30 are for trades that are open but who knows.... keep our fingers crossed!

Cbbmtt said:
Med Tech needed Grade 12 Biology and Firefighter was definitely not open. Changed to Aesop and looking at other options.

Fire Fighter is OPEN.  However, the entry requirements are pretty strict..........and it is pretty much a given, that if you don't meet the "ideal" requirements, you won't get an offer.

Ideal Academics - High School Diploma (or Sec V) with Grade 11 (or Sec IV) Academic Math and one Science (Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science) and formal International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) certified training or equivalent from an accredited institute recognized by the CF Fire Marshall. Experience - Firefighting experience with a recognized municipal fire service or private fire brigade for a minimum of one year.  College or university level credits may be considered in lieu of firefighting experience. A PLAR shall be conducted by CFSTG SSO Standards Branch to determine eligibility. Valid Driver’s license.

Acceptable Academics -  High School Diploma (or Sec V) with Grade 11 (or Sec IV) Academic Math and one Science (Chemistry, Physics, or Physical Science)
No minimum experience required. Valid Driver’s license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back