• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
B.Dias said:
You need to update your application before your application will be moved, if you aren't competitive enough... I know I edited a section, and a week or two later it was transferred to my local RC because I had more on my application. So if you have more to add, you should add it ASAP and inform them you did so....
Btw, I also waited around 8 months to get my file transferred... so it could take a while. But since you graduated from university, that is something you should add..

:2c:

B.Dias said:
You need to update your application before your application will be moved, if you aren't competitive enough... I know I edited a section, and a week or two later it was transferred to my local RC because I had more on my application. So if you have more to add, you should add it ASAP and inform them you did so....
:2c:

FOLKS pay attention here!  You are submitting an application for a job that I can only assume that you want.  If you want it "bad enough" you are going to submit the "best possible" application that you can submit and then further be able to back it up.  There are no options to upload your resume, you need to look at the CF Employment application first, plan it out and then submit online.  It's as simple as that!!!

The CF is no different than any other employer.  The responsibility falls on you to "sell yourself"!!!  If you don't do that, you can pretty much expect the complimentary response of "sorry but you're not competitive enough".

I got my offer! :D

Noctis said:
    Recruiting centre: Montreal
    Regular/ Reserve: Reg.
    Officer/NCM: Officer.
    Entry plan: ROTP (Kingston)
    Trade choice 1: Pilot AEC Infantry Officer
    Trade choice 2: Infantry Officer ACSO
    Trade choice 3: Armour Officer Inf. O
    Application date: October 29th, 2012
    CFAT completed: Completed Successfully November 22nd 2012.
    Medical completed: December 13th, 2012
    Interview completed: December 13th, 2012
    ASC: Feb 4-6, 2013
    Changed trade choices Feb 7th, 2013
    ACSO Test: Feb 25th (Pass)
    Interview #2: Some time in March
    Merit listed: ?
    Position offered: May 22nd 2013.  Infantry Officer ROTP Kingston
    Enrollment/ swearing in: July 25th 2013

I'm so excited! Can't wait to serve with you all  :cdn:
Noctis

Recruiting centre: New Westminster, BC
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade choice 1: Infantry Officer
Trade choice 2: Armour Officer
Applied: Dec 7, 2012
File sent to CFRC: Feb 18, 2013
First contact: Late March, 2013
CFAT: March 2013
Medical: April 2013
Interview: May 23, 2013
Merit listed: May 23, 2013
Position offered:
swearing in:
BMOQ:

Had my interview today and was told I am competitive. Unfortunately DEO Infantry and Armour are both closed for the year but should be open in Spring 2014. Now time to wait!

Recruiting centre: ONLINE/Oshawa
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Military Police
Trade choice 2: Artillery Soldier
Applied: January 2012
File sent to CFRC: February 2012
First contact: April 20, 2013
CFAT: May 21, 2013
Medical:
Interview:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
swearing in:
BMOQ:

Recruiting centre: Hamilton
Trade choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade choice 2: Material Tech
Applied: April 17 2013
CFAT: Wrote a few years back
Medical: May 14, 2013
Interview: May 14, 2013
Merit listed: ?
Position offered: ?
Enrollment/swearing in: ?

Had my interview and medical last week. Was informed my application would be pushed to merit listed once i returned a form back from my doctors for headaches. Doctor signed off on the form today and was faxed in. Could be a few weeks to get the final decision. Hopefully they agree that the headaches are not severe and can be fixed with a simple advil.

Hope I can carry on with my career plan and serve with the best Army in the world!

I got my call today after 1 month + waiting for CFRC to contact me to  book me in for my physical

Recruiting Center: Toronto, Ontario
Regular/Reserve: Primary Reserves
Unit: Lorne Scots A Coy
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Application Date: April 01, 2013
First Contact: April 01, 2013
CFAT Date: April 15th, 2013 *passed*
Interview: April 18, 2013 *passed*
Physical: June 3rd, 2013
Medical: -
Tests Completed: -  CFAT, Interview
Position Offered:  -
Basic Training Begins:  -

I am re-enlisting, so I'll be interested to see if this speeds up the process at all... I may or may not have to repeat BMQ, no one seems to know.

Recruting Center: St. John's, NL
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Supply Tech
Trade Choice 2: Weapons Tech
Trade Choice 3: Mobile Support Operator
Unit Applied: 37 Service Battallion
Application Date: April 19 2013 (Online)
First Contact: May 16, 2013 (Because I called the Recruiting Center here. My online file got sent to the wrong province so had to re-apply May 21)
Med, aptitude, interveiw completed :
PT Test completed:
Basic Training:
Swearing In:

Stacked said:
Ashley, were you QL3 qualified and how long ago did you release?

Unfortunately, I was not QL3 qualified. I had BMQ, and IAP completed (not sure what IAP is called now, but it's the first section of Officer Training at RMC).
I VR'd in 2005, so I'm guessing I will more than likely have to repeat BMQ.

Recruiting centre: Online/Oshawa
Entry Plan: UnSkilled
Trade choice 1: - Weapons Tech - Land
Trade choice 2: - Construction Tech
Trade choice 3: - Cook
Application date: Feb 19, 2013
CFAT completed:
Medical completed: -
Interview completed: -
Merit listed: -
Position offered: -
Enrollment/swearing in: -
BMQ begins: -

Update:

I received an email May 15 informing me that they would be proceeding with my application.  My file will be sent to CFRC Oshawa, still waiting to hear from them.

Tralax said:
Update:

I received an email May 15 informing me that they would be proceeding with my application.  My file will be sent to CFRC Oshawa, still waiting to hear from them.

I would suggest that you call your local CFRC and make contact based on the email that you received.  If you wait for them to contact you, it might be a long time..........

Tralax said:

Small update from me, because it applies to your situation. I had my file sent to my local CFRC on Tuesday, May 21, and I already got my security clearance/personal data verification forms today May 24th. Now I am confused about filling out the forms, so I am off to read through all the threads to make sure I am doing this right.

DAA said:
I would suggest that you call your local CFRC and make contact based on the email that you received.  If you wait for them to contact you, it might be a long time..........

I called my CFRC yesterday (left a message..) to ask if they have received my file and when I could expect an update.

I haven't heard back yet.

Still waiting for the initial contact email.......

Might be working in the armoured car industry before I ever get the email, lol.

I first submitted in February and just got an email stating they were proceeding with my application on May 15. It takes time. Be patient.

Recruiting centre: Ottawa, ON
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade choice 1: ACSO  Engineer Officer
Trade choice 2: Pilot  EME Officer
Trade Choice 3: Pilot
Applied: April 09 2013
File sent to CFRC: May 13, 2013
First contact: May 21, 2013
Dropped off forms: May 24, 2013
CFAT: Feb 2006
Medical:
Interview:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
swearing in:
BMOQ:

Well, I dropped off my forms and transcripts to the recruiting center on Friday. I was told that ACSO is closed and I had to take it off my list. I selected a new list.

I was told that my old (2006) CFAT was still good for my choices, so that's great.

The person I was talking to said that if I wanted to go for pilot, I wouldn't get all the steps done in time for selections in July, and would have to wait until the November selections. However, if I want to go for engineer officer or EME officer, I could be done my medical and interview in time for the July selection and therefore the September start date (BMOQ).

I have a tough decision to make now.

Stiman said:
Well, I dropped off my forms and transcripts to the recruiting center on Friday. I was told that ACSO is closed and I had to take it off my list. I selected a new list.

I was told that my old (2006) CFAT was still good for my choices, so that's great.

The person I was talking to said that if I wanted to go for pilot, I wouldn't get all the steps done in time for selections in July, and would have to wait until the November selections. However, if I want to go for engineer officer or EME officer, I could be done my medical and interview in time for the July selection and therefore the September start date (BMOQ).

ACSO is currently "limited".  Chances of you completing the screening requirements for both ACSO and Pilot between now and the scheduled selection date is most likley not possible.

You have until probably 19 Jul to complete your processing, if you want to be Merit Listed and considered for Engr and EME as selection dates for both are shortly after that date.  So stay on top of your application!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back