• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had my medical and interview. Passed the interview and just have to get my doctor to sign off on my blood pressure since it was a little elevated when they took it at my medical (normal thing he said).  Asked the med tech if everything else was good and he said all was good as far as he was concerned now it gets sent to the RMO FOR his/her rubber stamped approval :)

My file was sent for presec a bit less than two weeks ago after the frustrating process of getting a UK Police check. I've pretty much given up all hope of making it into a summer reserve BMQ course, unless someone in Ottawa performs some minor miracles. Yeah yeah, "hurry up and wait" and all that (wasn't expecting anything better), but it still sucks.

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Primary Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Unit: 32nd (Reserve) Field Regiment, RCA
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Trade Choice 2: N/A
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Contact Interview: September 19, 2013
Application Date: November 20, 2013
First Contact: December 5, 2013
CFAT: - December 12, 2013 (passed)
PT Test: - January 7, 2014 (passed)
Interview: - January 9, 2014
Medical - January 14, 2014 (passed)
Pre-Sec - Waiting, submitted April 16
Position Offered: -
BMQ Begins: -

Do you mind if I ask why you needed to do a police check in England?  I lived there about four years ago and was under apparently the false impression that detailed background checks weren't required for certain countries.  What did you need to do to get the police check?

I didn't need one for England. I did need one for Wales though.  ;D

Anyway, I think it was due to how recent it was (within the past five years or something like that). Some of the CFRC staff seemed to think I wouldn't need one until they saw that I had gotten back from there less than a year ago.

Marchog said:
I didn't need one for England. I did need one for Wales though.  ;D

Haha, my apologies.  I just assumed everyone else in the UK besides the English would be trustworthy.  I mean really, what kind of bad things can you even get up to in Wales?  Sheep-tipping?  Public kindness?

Well I guess I fall somewhere in between those times.  We'll see.  At the rate my application is currently being processed, I'll exceed the 10 year time frame.

Anyone know if the Canadian forces will contact you regardless you are qualified or not, feels like i been waiting for nothing. I did contact them several times but all they say is to wait.

Anyone know if the Canadian forces will contact you regardless you are qualified or not, feels like i been waiting for nothing. I did contact them several times but all they say is to wait.
According to my recruiter, they probably won't (especially for reserve applicants) and it's best to keep calling them.

Haha, my apologies.  I just assumed everyone else in the UK besides the English would be trustworthy.  I mean really, what kind of bad things can you even get up to in Wales?  Sheep-tipping?  Public kindness?
Vehicular murder, child abduction and wearing criminally cheesy daffodil hats seemed the preferred local activities when I was there, but there's that too.  :-X

Marchog said:
According to my recruiter, they probably won't (especially for reserve applicants) and it's best to keep calling them.
Vehicular murder, child abduction and wearing criminally cheesy daffodil hats seemed the preferred local activities when I was there, but there's that too.  :-X

That sucks... im trying to get into ncm i took the cfat on late January and the recruiter said i was qualified for all the ncm programs. still waiting for them to call me for medical and interviews. Also i made some mistakes on my personnel screening document but i went back to fixed it would that be a part of the delay problem? this was like more than a month ago. I asked the recruiter when will i hear back from them and they said within a month...

I think because you made a mistake on the screening stuff, they have to redo the screening again on you. Sucks, but tough it out. Which RC you in?

sk115 said:
That sucks... im trying to get into ncm i took the cfat on late January and the recruiter said i was qualified for all the ncm programs. still waiting for them to call me for medical and interviews. Also i made some mistakes on my personnel screening document but i went back to fixed it would that be a part of the delay problem? this was like more than a month ago. I asked the recruiter when will i hear back from them and they said within a month...

I wrote the CFAT in October and am still waiting...its all part of the process.

Treemoss said:
I'm starting to wonder if selection choices affect your application...

More then likely, however lots of things can affect it, and it really is case by case...

Well we know ROTP is currently Priority, and that seems to be getting most if not all the attention currently. I know that my trade is in-demand and probably has Hundreds of positions open but there is probably way more important trades that are in-demand.

sk115 said:

Treemoss said:
I'm starting to wonder if selection choices affect your application...

For sure they do... I spoke with a recruiter at CFRC Hamilton and was told that ROTP, Medical and Dental officers were priority.  Everyone else would have to wait for an unknown time for their interviews and medicals (she said maybe next month or the month after). 

I would think if your trade choice is oversaturated or there is no rush to get you through (ie selection date dependent) then I think you wait.  It will happen.  As many people here have said the wait can be very, very long.  However, there are some trades that get people through within a couple of months.  Depends on the trade, the time of year, and your recruiting centre.  I had been told my trade was in demand, just not in demand enough.

Extra time to learn french and get fit for basic?

LegalApp said:
For sure they do... I spoke with a recruiter at CFRC Hamilton and was told that ROTP, Medical and Dental officers were priority.  Everyone else would have to wait for an unknown time for their interviews and medicals (she said maybe next month or the month after). 

I would think if your trade choice is oversaturated or there is no rush to get you through (ie selection date dependent) then I think you wait.  It will happen.  As many people here have said the wait can be very, very long.  However, there are some trades that get people through within a couple of months.  Depends on the trade, the time of year, and your recruiting centre.  I had been told my trade was in demand, just not in demand enough.

Extra time to learn french and get fit for basic?

Extra time to get fitter lol. But going back to ROTPs... wonder if there's an Officer position as Med Tech, I know it's NCM.. and Med. Officer looks to be more doctors or nurses oriented.

Treemoss said:
Extra time to get fitter lol. But going back to ROTPs... wonder if there's an Officer position as Med Tech, I know it's NCM.. and Med. Officer looks to be more doctors or nurses oriented.

You just answered your own question.

Treemoss said:

Med officer is only docs.

Definitely trade choices affect how fast the process is.

I am currently a medical student (just finishing first year now) and I applied about two weeks ago, within a day I got the email back telling me to call my RC, who booked me in for a CFAT pretty fast (I wrote it today), and after my CFAT was done I was booked in for a medical and interview two weeks from today. They told me that as soon as my app stated med officer training plan I was stamped as an urgent file, and even though they are booking medicals/interviews for June right now they made a spot for me on May 13. It's definitely need-based, just like any other job or employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back