• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Steward is no longer "in-demand" according to the Forces website.

I figured it was just that, as I was offered the position due to my CFAT score but turned it down.

And yea... A lot of trades went out of demand, but that doesn't mean they're not still hiring them. Here's to hoping my foots in the door.

Treemoss said:
I figured it was just that, as I was offered the position due to my CFAT score but turned it down.

And yea... A lot of trades went out of demand, but that doesn't mean they're not still hiring them. Here's to hoping my foots in the door.

Well I wont make May 26th Selections because of my medical or interview not being scheduled -.-

AlphaBravo said:
Well I wont make May 26th Selections because of my medical or interview not being scheduled -.-

I honestly don't understand what theyre doing with your application, what can delay them for this long. I know I said it before but when you call them again be real with them and say like.. look, it's been on going for a year is there something stopping me from atleast getting a medical and interview done?

Treemoss said:
I honestly don't understand what theyre doing with your application, what can delay them for this long. I know I said it before but when you call them again be real with them and say like.. look, it's been on going for a year is there something stopping me from atleast getting a medical and interview done?

I have no debt, no criminal record, haven't left Canada in my life, completed High School, and took a 5 month course at a college..

I emailed this - RecruitingApplicationManagement@forces.gc.ca as I found it on the Forces website.

AlphaBravo said:
I have no debt, no criminal record, haven't left Canada in my life, completed High School, and took a 5 month course at a college..

Do you call your RC or the main one that your branch connects with? Maybe contacting the main one might be better.. or whereever the hold up is. Seriously a year and medical is crazy.

I call the recruiting centre in New West in which I get the automatic voice system, then I either enter in a extension or follow the prompts generally if I need information I contact my file manager via email she seems very grumpy at times.

Would think professional courtisy, despite dealing with hundreds of applicants, would atleast allow them to explain what's going on after a year of waiting. Don't really care if some people grind me with the whole "They don't owe you anything" sort of mentality, but a simple explaination or idea what's going on should be given in these situations. I can see if you applied last month and you been calling everyday since.. but seriously, a year.

Treemoss said:
Would think professional courtisy, despite dealing with hundreds of applicants, would atleast allow them to explain what's going on after a year of waiting. Don't really care if some people grind me with the whole "They don't owe you anything" sort of mentality, but a simple explaination or idea what's going on should be given in these situations. I can see if you applied last month and you been calling everyday since.. but seriously, a year.

What Irks me is my file manager is all like don't contact us we'll contact you.

AlphaBravo said:
What Irks me is my file manager is all like don't contact us we'll contact you.

I would ignore them. Call every two weeks or so. As many people like to say, the CF doesn't owe us jobs... But they are an employer that can take 2+ years to recruit. I do recruiting for my firm and I get emails and calls constantly. It's the nature of being a business that actively recruits. I have never recommended that we not hire someone because they call to check on the status of their app. Don't call every day, but every two weeks is fine, in my opinion anyway.

Well I got a response from that email

"I can see from your file that you have spoken with the recruiting center in Vancouver on many occasions.

Right now your file is going through the Enhanced Reliability screening. This process can take some time.
Your file is still open and active, and someone will be in contact with you once that is complete and you are ready to move onto the next step.

I cannot give you a time frame or your chances of being offered a job as I don’t have that sort of information available to me, but I would highly recommend keeping in contact with the recruiting center in Vancouver every few weeks for an update."

Unfortunately the only thing different is that I was told was to keep contacting every few weeks. Hmph I don't understand why it's taking so long.

I suspect, at this point, none of us non-ROTP, etc, types will hear anything until June, at least.

I have my cfat scheduled for this morning! Was so nervous!! Hope I pass.

Also I was talking to some Corporals that were at the Indian parade a couple weeks ago and they were telling me to just "harass" the cfrc by keep phoning them.

sunny1994 said:
I have my cfat scheduled for this morning! Was so nervous!! Hope I pass.

Also I was talking to some Corporals that were at the Indian parade a couple weeks ago and they were telling me to just "harass" the cfrc by keep phoning them.

That's what I been preaching, but only once every 1-3 weeks.

The honest trick is to go about your day as if you didn't apply

The whole harassing thing doesn't work when your file manager plain and simple outright tells you not to contact her.

Passed my cfat today! After waiting for an hour in the waiting room which was torture, I finally got called up and the recruiter told me I passed! I was so happy!

sunny1994 said:
Passed my cfat today! After waiting for an hour in the waiting room which was torture, I finally got called up and the recruiter told me I passed! I was so happy!

Why does it say that you did a Medical and Passed?

AlphaBravo said:
Why does it say that you did a Medical and Passed?

Was a mistake, but I fixed it, still have to do medical. They said they would call me in two weeks time to schedule a medical exam. Recruiter said if everything goes smoothly which it does for most I should be going for BMQ in three months time

Well lucky you, my file manager pretty well told me to shove off. Of course the recruiter told me within a months time I would be contacted to schedule my medical and interview. Almost 3 months later, still in the enhanced reliability screening.

AlphaBravo said:
Well lucky you, my file manager pretty well told me to shove off. Of course the recruiter told me within a months time I would be contacted to schedule my medical and interview. Almost 3 months later, still in the enhanced reliability screening.

I'm confused by this... I thought they did the screening after your interview.  Maybe it's different with each CFRC or maybe I just don't have the steps straight.  When I tried to give them all my "screening" docs after I did the CFAT they said they didn't want them yet. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back